Day 2 review

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dennis needs to win 26-19 or better from here. That's much less demanding than his winning ratio over top players in the last 6 mos. I like Tony to win from here, but I think Dennis winning from here would not be shocking.

exactly. i still like tony from here but just not as much as i'd like to....lol....

(dennis hasn't played well yet - even when he strung three-four games together, he was rattling balls in and a consistently a few inches off on his angles - at some point, you gotta think he's gonna catch a gear.....)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm in agreement with those who felt that Tony was mentally tired the last two hours of play, also I believe that the slow play that Dennis is exhibiting has bothered Tony. Tony has shown us that his style of play can beat anyone when he's playing his game, his ability and know how to move multiple balls has proven to be very effective and he must play the game that got him to where he is. Jerry hit the nail on the head when he said that Tony tried to win games too quickly the last several hours of the match and was lucky to end the day leading by six games-20 to 14.

Tony is a very confident player and his play reflects that, he shoots shots that only a hand full of players would attempt and hits them like a confident player would and some may mistake that as ..he's not playing the score. Players of Tony's caliber (upper echelon) plays more ball position then the score. (where the balls are positioned) There are times when the ball position is fairly easy to read the forecast, and in spite of certain leads playing a more aggressive shot would be the correct shot for upper echelon players playing his equal.

However, I do agree the last several hours of the match Tony didn't play the score and wanted to win fast by choosing the wrong shot and he paid for it. I expect Tony to play the same way he's been playing and the six game lead he has should put him into day four leading by the score of 30-26 or 30-27. The final day will be priceless for those who enjoy one pocket played the way champions play it, and i'm one of them.

Dr. Bill

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
The tournament was played on Gold Crowns. This Diamond was brought in the weekend before just for this match and Tony and Shane played on it in their two gambling matches all weekend.
Unless there were more races
the race to 10, the first match, was on the GC (was streamed)
the second race to 8 was on the Diamond (was streamed from 6-6)
Tony won both

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'm in agreement with those who felt that Tony was mentally tired the last two hours of play, also I believe that the slow play that Dennis is exhibiting has bothered Tony. Tony has shown us that his style of play can beat anyone when he's playing his game, his ability and know how to move multiple balls has proven to be very effective and he must play the game that got him to where he is. Jerry hit the nail on the head when he said that Tony tried to win games too quickly the last several hours of the match and was lucky to end the day leading by six games-20 to 14.

Tony is a very confident player and his play reflects that, he shoots shots that only a hand full of players would attempt and hits them like a confident player would and some may mistake that as ..he's not playing the score. Players of Tony's caliber (upper echelon) plays more ball position then the score. (where the balls are positioned) There are times when the ball position is fairly easy to read the forecast, and in spite of certain leads playing a more aggressive shot would be the correct shot for upper echelon players playing his equal.

However, I do agree the last several hours of the match Tony didn't play the score and wanted to win fast by choosing the wrong shot and he paid for it. I expect Tony to play the same way he's been playing and the six game lead he has should put him into day four leading by the score of 30-26 or 30-27. The final day will be priceless for those who enjoy one pocket played the way champions play it, and i'm one of them.

Dr. Bill

Nice post Dr. Bill ~

the bolded part above is something I have never really thought of but I agree with...good point!