Attention Seniors...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'd like to play if it's not too late. I played in the last 70 and over tourney in Houston and sucked. I'm playing a little better now. ;)

IN:
L.S. John
John Henderson
Jakie.
Wayne.
Island Drive
rnewkirk
Alan Cain
Gulfportdoc
Jerry Matchin
John Rizzo
Maurice LeBlanc
James Christopher
Jeff Sparks
Jim McCary
Mary Kenniston
Warren Ruth
Don Steele
Phil Martin
Tom Wirth
Bob McFarrin
JohninNH
NHSteve
Casey Killian
TylerBob
Joey A
Frank “Da Barber” Almanza
Cary
Bill
Cecil “Buddy” Hall
Bill Rowsey
Crutch
Mike Massey
32 & counting....

I’m hoping Hall of Famers Doctor Bill and Cecil ( Buddy ) Hall will join us as well as many of the other eligible players from all over the country...You’re all welcome to come, as participants, or just to enjoy the conversations and the action...

We should have at least 24 to go with when all’s said and done... Of course, more are welcome, up to 32 max...

If anyone knows Mary K’s phone #, and wouldn’t mind, please give her a call and bring her into the loop on this, she’s a great gal and always adds personality and life to any event... Plus she knows several players in the right age group...

This event will now be streamed courtesy of the efforts of Kentucky Bill in acquiring the services of Goldy.. Kaintuck on the mike along with Hendy when he’s not kickin butt... Should be some great commentary...

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I would like to keep my name on the list in case there are other spots that open up, but if a player the caliber of Dr Bill or Jay is froze out, I will gladly give up my spot and be a rail bird.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I would like to keep my name on the list in case there are other spots that open up, but if a player the caliber of Dr Bill or Jay is froze out, I will gladly give up my spot and be a rail bird.

ditto. I'll be there either way but will give way to someone who might actually win a game.....

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

I don’t believe you will have to Bob... Almost always last minute things come up and there are cancellations... Nice gesture though Bob, Thanks...:)

jay helfert

Verified Member
IN:
L.S. John
John Henderson
Jakie.
Wayne.
Island Drive
rnewkirk
Alan Cain
Gulfportdoc
Jerry Matchin
John Rizzo
Maurice LeBlanc
James Christopher
Jeff Sparks
Jim McCary
Mary Kenniston
Warren Ruth
Don Steele
Phil Martin
Tom Wirth
Bob McFarrin
JohninNH
NHSteve
Casey Killian
TylerBob
Joey A
Frank “Da Barber” Almanza
Cary
Bill
Cecil “Buddy” Hall
Bill Rowsey
Crutch
Mike Massey
32 & counting....

I’m hoping Hall of Famers Doctor Bill and Cecil ( Buddy ) Hall will join us as well as many of the other eligible players from all over the country...You’re all welcome to come, as participants, or just to enjoy the conversations and the action...

We should have at least 24 to go with when all’s said and done... Of course, more are welcome, up to 32 max...

If anyone knows Mary K’s phone #, and wouldn’t mind, please give her a call and bring her into the loop on this, she’s a great gal and always adds personality and life to any event... Plus she knows several players in the right age group...

This event will now be streamed courtesy of the efforts of Kentucky Bill in acquiring the services of Goldy.. Kaintuck on the mike along with Hendy when he’s not kickin butt... Should be some great commentary...

So can I play or not? I won't be coming all that way just to watch. :lol

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Is there an OFFICIAL DATE for this event?

( I see that it is late October but I would like to get a little more specific with the date if possible.)
Thanks,
JoeyA

There’s been some conversation between John Rizzo and the new owner of Bogies Billiards & Sports Bar ( Cody Parish ) concerning another Senior One Pocket Tournament in Houston... They want to have it again depending on how much interest this thread generates here at Onepocket.org and how many would plan on coming to play in the event...

As always, the Calcutta pool & the players pool will be 100% funded, no cut, everything that goes in, goes back to the players...

This will be a $3000.00 added event, race to 3 on both sides... $200.00 flat entry, no green fees...

You must be at least 65 years old, or turn 65 sometime in 2018 to be eligible to play in this event...

Event in late October... more details to follow...

If interested in playing, please list your name in this thread...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i turn 65 on may 30
i want to play ,,:)
if i can get the time off
where do i send my $200 to confirm my spot
jeff check your pm

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
i turn 65 on may 30
jeff check your pm

They won’t take any $ until August. This post should get you on the list. First toddy is on me.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
i turn 65 on may 30
jeff check your pm

You’re in, check post 119 for the updated list... Finally got you to come... Looking forward to buying you a drink and giving you a big Texas welcome...

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
i turn 65 on may 30
jeff check your pm

Larry I’m envenious your 65, for I am only 64, it would be great to get to play with such a great bunch of guys like this. I tell myself.... Next year mitch, next year.

atmeddy

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Larry I’m envenious your 65, for I am only 64, it would be great to get to play with such a great bunch of guys like this. I tell myself.... Next year mitch, next year.

Laughing, I wish I was 65!

Looking forward to the tournament at CA Billiards this coming weekend and hope to not embarrass myself... Will be great to see old friends there, the Poke, Kentucky and Bille Miller to name a few.

I'll bring my wallet

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Attention Seniors...

Laughing, I wish I was 65!

Looking forward to the tournament at CA Billiards this coming weekend and hope to not embarrass myself... Will be great to see old friends there, the Poke, Kentucky and Bille Miller to name a few.

I'll bring my wallet

Who is “the poke”? You’re describing my stroke :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Bogies Billiards & Sports Bar
3040 FM 1960 East Suite 101
Houston, Texas 77073

Is hosting another Senior One Pocket tournament on;

October 25th, 26th, 27th, & the 28th, 2018...
Double elimination race to 3 both sides...
Single race to 4 in the final, winner of the Hot Seat gets the 1st break...
$200.00 entry fee, no green fees... a no cut Calcutta & players pool...
$3000.00 will added to the players pool regardless of the # of entries...
Played on 9’ Gold Crowns, triple shimmed, using a measle cue ball and Aramith tournament balls...
Other pertinent details to be worked out at the players meeting...

Practice all day Thursday the 25th... Players meeting at 6:30 PM... Calcutta begins at 7:00 PM...
You need not be present Thursday for the auction, however you will be sold in the Calcutta and you will have the option of buying 1/2 of yourself before the 1st matches start at noon on Friday, the 26th... no matches will be played on Thursday...

Friday the 26th;

Come in as early as 10:00 AM for practice/warm-up
1st matches start at 12:00 PM sharp...
Play continues throughout the day with the last matches starting no later than 9:00 PM...

Saturday the 27th;
All matches begin at 10:00 AM sharp...
Play continues all day with the last matches starting no later than 9:00 PM...

Sunday the 28th;

Semi-Finals start at 10:00 AM sharp and continue until there are only two left standing... The Championship match will be a single race to 4 with the winner of the hot seat getting the 1st break...

Please hold off on sending your entry fees until the 1st of August... Then,
send cash, check, or money orders to the above address, in care of or to the attention of Mr. John Rizzo...

The players list is on post 33 just in case anyone is curious...
Here is the full information

beatle

Verified Member
is that paul you call the poke. he is still around i guess. great guy for a terrible nit.
is he back in the bay area?