Draw Not Friendly for our Brothers...

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hendy drew SVB
Chris Atkins drew Warren Kiamco
Jay Helfert drew Tony Chohan (kind of a member)
then, Ed Neves after a bye drew Tony.
Chris Cruz after a win drew Brandon Schuff

Tough tourney folks. Wishing our brothers the best moving forward.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have a different mind set about this.
In my opinion, none of these guys is a favorite to go into the money rounds.
I'm sure they would agree.
So they got in the tournament for enjoyment and to play some great players.
What better way to get to battle with Shane or Tony or Warren without having to lose a bunch of money for the experience.
I played in a mens nine ball tournament once and my buddy drew Mike Sigel in the first round in the 80s. I would have gladly traded him my opponent and thrown in a few bucks.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Of our members, looking at the online tournament chart, it looks like Tres Kane advanced the farthest of our active members.

We seem to worry a lot about unknown players getting into our member only tournaments -- maybe we need to start worrying about some of our stronger playing members that have not yet dipped their toes into our member tournaments. I'm thinking Tres, Bernie, hacker, for example -- not to mention Dr. Bill :eek::eek:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I have a different mind set about this.
In my opinion, none of these guys is a favorite to go into the money rounds.
I'm sure they would agree.
So they got in the tournament for enjoyment and to play some great players.
What better way to get to battle with Shane or Tony or Warren without having to lose a bunch of money for the experience.
I played in a mens nine ball tournament once and my buddy drew Mike Sigel in the first round in the 80s. I would have gladly traded him my opponent and thrown in a few bucks.

I agree, but it's nice to get a win or two before playing the monsters, which we all want to do. It's still tough to get them first thing.

how'd mastacruz make out?

He finished 17-24th getting knocked out by James Aranas. Nice tourney.

The brackets can be found here: https://compusport.ca/CS/Charts/Index/6015

On another note, my friend and fellow Coloradoan finished 5/6th getting beat by Alex twice. Congratulations Chris McDaniel.

Dave

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I agree, but it's nice to get a win or two before playing the monsters, which we all want to do. It's still tough to get them first thing.

On another note, my friend and fellow Coloradoan finished 5/6th getting beat by Alex twice. Congratulations Chris McDaniel.

Dave

And he is not a onepocket.org member?? :eek:

hehe, just plaything, good job on the finish!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Didn't see him today so guess he got knocked out on day 1.

Dave

thank goodness the young man wasn't allowed to snap off the member's.....:sorry:frus

mastacruz bad, bee davison good.....

i digress...…

:rolleyes:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Chris is a real straight shooter. We hooked up for a little action Saturday night after the members tournament in California. I was lucky to break even.

I’m sure the two pros he lost too were sweating bullets.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Draw Not Friendly for our Brothers...

frmn I am pretty sure...

whats tres screen name ?

Tres is a good player and also a gentleman. At the derby last year he had a match scheduled with ChicagoMike. Mike was nowhere to be found and Tres saw me walk by. He grabbed me and asked me to get ahold of him and get him to the table so Mike didn’t lose by forfeit. That impressed me. Mike is a good player and lots of ppl would have been content with the free W. Honorable stuff there.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Of our members, looking at the online tournament chart, it looks like Tres Kane advanced the farthest of our active members.

We seem to worry a lot about unknown players getting into our member only tournaments -- maybe we need to start worrying about some of our stronger playing members that have not yet dipped their toes into our member tournaments. I'm thinking Tres, Bernie, hacker, for example -- not to mention Dr. Bill :eek::eek:

Worried about unknown players? This reminds me of today’s world where everyone gets a trophy. Why not just allow people enter your tournaments and maybe you will meet some new players and get some new members to onepocket.org (what now appears to me to resemble a closed fraternity). Geesh.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Worried about unknown players? This reminds me of today’s world where everyone gets a trophy. Why not just allow people enter your tournaments and maybe you will meet some new players and get some new members to onepocket.org (what now appears to me to resemble a closed fraternity). Geesh.

Onepocket.org members tournament for non members and everybody gets a trophy for showing up. Perfect.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

why does it appear to you to be a closed fraternity ??:confused:...:confused:

chicagomike

Verified Member
Tres is a good player and also a gentleman. At the derby last year he had a match scheduled with ChicagoMike. Mike was nowhere to be found and Tres saw me walk by. He grabbed me and asked me to get ahold of him and get him to the table so Mike didn’t lose by forfeit. That impressed me. Mike is a good player and lots of ppl would have been content with the free W. Honorable stuff there.

It really was awesome of him to go through the effort of trying to find me...He is a terrific guy a heck of a player!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

We could, but then it certainly would not be a member only tournament. It would be an open tournament. The whole original concept of the tournament was to give our own members a chance to compete with each other, and fraternize :D

I am the one that noticed that by moving the tournament around, it was encouraging new players to join onepocket.org so that they might be able to also play in the tournament. But that aspect -- the recruiting tool aspect -- was just a secondary purpose that you can all blame me for essentially -- just because I saw that it was happening naturally anyway as a result of moving the tournament around. We have gained new and valued members that way from all three or our events so far, so yes, I am in favor of a path to membership :D:D:D