Memphis Fri. night Open $200 added 9 Ball banks tournament details

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Ok, talked to Bill Rowsey and we got the bank tournament scheduled for Friday night. 1 day iron man tournament
7:00 Friday night $200 added Open 9 ball banks tournament.
32 player max.
$50 entry 40.00 tournament - 10.00 greens fees
Details: 9 ball banks DCC rules.
Auction starts at 7:00 sharp, play to start ASAP after auction.
Format:
Under 16 players: double elimination race to 3/2 finals to be 1 race to 3
16+ players single elimination race to 3
Payouts/places paid will be determined on amount of entries.

Big thanks to Mr. Rowsey for for supporting this tournament! I'll post some pictures later of the feature table remodel Bill has done. He really thought a lot about it and incorporated some cool ideas!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
action thursday/friday.....bank pool tourney friday evening.....1p.org tourney saturday/sunday.....more action in between.....

i'm absolutely giddy :D

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Here is a few of the feature/gambling table. Bill turned the table sideways and built a long bar down one side then added tinted glass to the small barnext to the bottom rail so rail birds there won't interrupt the players. So he made a Pit area. The tinted glass is a great feature!

Attachments

• 5518.jpg
    5518.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0

chicagomike

Verified Member
Love it!!! Thanks Bill and all the guys who are coordinating this event!!! I’ve got a few days to learn how to bank. Does spin affect bank shots? I’m messing around with the concept. All’s done but the playin’!!!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Love it!!! Thanks Bill and all the guys who are coordinating this event!!! I’ve got a few days to learn how to bank. Does spin affect bank shots? I’m messing around with the concept. All’s done but the playin’!!!

To be perfectly honest... No it doesn't. Closing one eye is the best method for a beginner learning how to bank. I usually close both eyes right before contact, that's a more advanced method i personally use. Also keeps that pesky chalk dust out of your eyes. Hope this helps.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
7 locals one hour after announcement! Let's get her done! Remember, this is One Pocket.org's week. John will be directing all events, so give a clap for him.

Damn Bill.... Thanks.... but... We also have our friends helping out... Miller, John and Jeannie, Matt, Chuck, YOU and Steve for letting us use the .org name. And of course there are all the players who are going out of their way to hang out with us. I can't think of a nicer group of folks to spend three or four days shooting pool with.

keoneyo

Verified Member
7 locals one hour after announcement! Let's get her done! Remember, this is One Pocket.org's week. John will be directing all events, so give a clap for him.

Hey Bill, I ran into Kenny Loftis out here in Santa Monica CA. He's staying out here now for a while. Man can he play. He says he mentored under you and Rosie. He is tearing up the rails with some of the meanest banks I seen. Great young man.