• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U both need 1...

Here's a not so unique position.

WWYD here to get out?

Your pocket to the right of the 2 ball.

Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-05-2019, 01:13 PM.

I certainly wouldn't try a low percentage kick shot or an off the wall trick shot of any type. I would keep it simple. I would thin the 2-ball on the right side. It is difficult to judge from the photo if it is possible to strike the point on the left side of the side pocket thereby keeping it once again very near to the side pocket. However, if that is not a viable option then I would make the 2-ball (which would be spotted after my shot) in the side pocket and bring the cue ball toward my opponent's pocket, hopefully frozen on the short rail. A third option, would be to slowly come off the left side of the 2-ball with the cue ball while attempting to keep both the cue ball and 2-ball as close together as possible near the side pocket.
    Last edited by J.R.; 10-04-2018, 04:41 AM.

Comment

U both need 1...

Nothing fancy here. I would simply pot the 2 in the middle bag and try to leave the CB close to the opponent’s pocket, preferably frozen to the bottom rail. By playing cushion first with right english to pot the 2 I could either sink the CB in the middle or leave a cross bank on the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The question is WWYD to get out, not WWYD?

Comment

U both need 1...

Cut it straight down the rail.
          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
            Mitch with that eagle eye!

Comment

U both need 1...

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
              Mitch with that eagle eye!

I wouldn’t shoot it in a million years but since shooting is the imperative here... and I know how well 3C cuts balls...
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I wouldn’t shoot it in a million years but since shooting is the imperative here... and I know how well 3C cuts balls...
                its not even a "thin" cut for him......

Comment

He may cut em pretty good, but his forte is spinning the cb, so while I would never attempt it, the obvious shot for 3c is to spin off the long rail into the 2 ball sending it down the rail.
                  Last edited by darmoose; 10-04-2018, 10:27 AM. Reason: error
                  The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

I probably have just as much chance as kicking at it from the head rail and then contacting the long rail right before the 2 and pushing it down towards my pocket, hopefully making it.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                      its not even a "thin" cut for him......
                      Mitch, you got to witness it first hand in Philly!

Comment

U both need 1...

Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                        Mitch, you got to witness it first hand in Philly!

It’s true. It was very impressive.

Comment

Good call, hard to imagine w/o seeing it.
                          The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

I indeed, played the ONLY logical shot to, 'Get out!'

The, 'Rail first' cut down the rail.

You both need 1 ball playing 1 pocket. You're pocket is the side where the 2 ball lies. To play this shot, you need to apply a little low EXTREME RHE to spin the cue ball into the cushion at almost a 90 degree angle. Elevate the cue, ever so slightly to give a faint curve to the CB, to clip the 2 ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKTBL14wOvQ

Comment

great shot bill...

Comment

Working...
                              X