One Pocket Tournament in Dallas, TX

Samiel

Verified Member
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but there is going to be a One Pocket tournament in Dallas, TX at the new Diamonds Billiards.

AZ Link -> http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=64065

I'm guessing that perhaps Billy Incardona, Joey Barnes and Robert Newkirk may make an appearance.

I'm going to go up there to see the room and get my butt whooped up on!

I'll get $50 worth of lessons and I'm hoping I'll get to see some good One Pocket! :p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That sounds interesting, Samiel. The events will move right along if there are only 16 players. But if they get a larger field they'll go pretty late for a Sunday evening.

Be sure to tell us how the event turned out, and what was your take on the room. I'd love to see the establishment, but Dallas is probably 8-9 hours from Gulfport, Miss.:(

Doc

Samiel

Verified Member
I've already heard from several people that the room is pretty nice. Diamond tables like at the DCC are always great to have! I plan on staying to watch everyone play, so I'll definitely let everyone know how it turns out.

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Samiel said:
I've already heard from several people that the room is pretty nice. Diamond tables like at the DCC are always great to have! I plan on staying to watch everyone play, so I'll definitely let everyone know how it turns out.
God Bless the internet!!!!!!

Samiel

Verified Member
You can view the original link to the AZ Billiards thread for my full notes on the tournament.

I got lucky with my bracket and ended up in the finals for 2nd place! :p

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Samuel, do you have the final payout names and dollar amounts? If the top prize was up near a grand, then I would add the results to our Record Book.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Ironman=$$$

Ironman=$$$

NH Steve said:
Samuel, do you have the final payout names and dollar amounts? If the top prize was up near a grand, then I would add the results to our Record Book.

It says my buddy, Ironman, snapped the tournament off. Congratulations. I just emailed him to see what the payouts were. As soon as I hear from him I will let you know.

Samiel

Verified Member
The top 3 were paid...

1st - $550
2nd - $350
3rd - $173

$50 entry - $10 green fee = $40 x 15 players = $600 total (I'm guessing this is how it worked) + Calcutta.

Ironman is a tough cookie! :p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Samiel said:
You can view the original link to the AZ Billiards thread for my full notes on the tournament.

I got lucky with my bracket and ended up in the finals for 2nd place! :p
Congratulations on your very strong finish!! Small field, but tough players: David G. and C.J. Wiley!

Along with the payouts, could you indicate the handicaps? I assume Wiley and David played at no handicap.

Doc

Samiel

Verified Member
I'm not 100% sure, but it went something like this...

A++ (David G., C. J. Wiley)
A+ (Ironman)
A (me)
B+ (Brandon)
B

I'm not sure if there was anything lower.

A++ vs A+ = ???
I think A++ handicapping was a little different, so probably 10-7.

A+ vs A = 9-7
A vs B+ = 9-7

So a one rank difference was generally 9-7.

A++ vs B+ = 12-5
A++ vs A = 11-6 (I think A++ had to add a ball for some reason)
A vs B+ = 9-7
A vs B = 10-6

So, it definitely made it a little tougher for the A++ players.

[EDIT:] I just confirmed with the TD that this was how it worked. Separate two balls for every level difference. For A++ players, add a ball.

So,

A++ vs A+ = 10-7
A++ vs A = 11-6
A++ vs B+ = 12-5
A++ vs B = 13-4 (ouch!)

A+ vs A = 9-7 (same as A vs B+, B+ vs B, etc)
A+ vs B+ = 10-6
A+ vs B = 11-5

etc.

Last edited: