How to use Copy and Paste for posting

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
Below are a set of instructions for using cut and paste to post. This comes in handy especially when making long posts where you don't want to risk losing anything. These are pictures from my computer screen. The large red text notes are helpful instructions to supplement the picture.

If anything goes wrong when hitting "Submit Reply" on the last step, you still have your text in the program Notepad. Just repeat the steps from step 4. This will save you from retyping anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66pvfilotA]Here[/ame] is a video on youtube that shows copy and paste also.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
This is the next step.

Attachments

• Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you!

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for putting this together! Just to add a couple of points:

1. There is a 10000 character limit per post on OnePocket.org -- I would guess that's about 2000 words, or about three pages of text, per post.

2. You can use any word processing program of course, not just Notepad.

And as a reminder if you use Notepad or any other word processor to prepare your posts, ALWAYS NAME & SAVE YOUR DRAFTS while you work along -- it will save you a lot of frustration!

And most of all, thanks to every single person that makes the effort to post here -- you have helped record the history of a unique sport and culture, you have informed & educated us, and of course, you have entertained us. Thank you!

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Question

Question

Steve, maybe you can clear this up for me. What's the difference between 'cutting' and 'copying' before we paste? My impression is that when you cut, you are shipping out that material and it will be gone, while copying allows you to both send and keep it in the file.

Thanks -

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
vapros said:
Steve, maybe you can clear this up for me. What's the difference between 'cutting' and 'copying' before we paste? My impression is that when you cut, you are shipping out that material and it will be gone, while copying allows you to both send and keep it in the file.

Thanks -

Yes, you are correct. I wanted to name the thread "copy and paste" instead of "cut and paste" like I did. I can't edit the title to fix it. But the pictures show the copy method.

Steve is right about using any word processor. The only reason I picked Notepad is because it is on everyone's computer if you are using Windows. If any Mac users have any trouble I can help them also (I use a mac).

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
iusedtoberich said:
Yes, you are correct. I wanted to name the thread "copy and paste" instead of "cut and paste" like I did. I can't edit the title to fix it. But the pictures show the copy method.

Steve is right about using any word processor. The only reason I picked Notepad is because it is on everyone's computer if you are using Windows. If any Mac users have any trouble I can help them also (I use a mac).
To iusedtoberich I went to post reply and I wrote a lot on one pocket and then I hit Submite reply and I cant find were it went. Where did it go?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
To iusedtoberich I went to post reply and I wrote a lot on one pocket and then I hit Submite reply and I cant find were it went. Where did it go?
I went to post reply on the bottom left of the page and when I was done I hit Submit Reply did I do something Wrong? Did I loose it again or were did it go.

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I went to post reply on the bottom left of the page and when I was done I hit Submit Reply did I do something Wrong? Did I loose it again or were did it go.

Try this Artie. When you finish typing an article, move the mouse so the little vertical line is in front of the first word you want to highlight.

Then, press the left button of the mouse and drag across and down the whole article you wrote. Sometimes the mouse can be finicky and not want to highlight everything. If it doesn't work the first time just click again and start over at the top of the article.Just keep re-doing it till you get the whole thing highlighted blue.

Then click the right button of the mouse and find "copy" on the list.

Line up the arrow on copy and push the left button.

Now the article is saved and can be "pasted" in another format such as "notepad", "workpad", "compose on your email" etc.

To find notepad or workpad hit the green start button at bottom left.......then all programs.........then accessories.......... then follow the arrow to the right of accessories and you will see a list which will include workpad and notepad.

Open Notepad or workpad and then make sure the vertical line is blinking on the page. You may have to point the arrow and click the left button

Now push the right button and go down to "paste".

Click on Paste and the article should appear.

Now it's saved and you can do the reverse to copy and paste it back to the one pocket forum if subit fails.

I hope this works and is not too confusing. Although it's much easier if you have someone at your side going thru the steps.

good luck.........george

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
gbru said:
Try this Artie. When you finish typing an article, move the mouse so the little vertical line is in front of the first word you want to highlight.

Then, press the left button of the mouse and drag across and down the whole article you wrote. Sometimes the mouse can be finicky and not want to highlight everything. If it doesn't work the first time just click again and start over at the top of the article.Just keep re-doing it till you get the whole thing highlighted blue.

Then click the right button of the mouse and find "copy" on the list.

Line up the arrow on copy and push the left button.

Now the article is saved and can be "pasted" in another format such as "notepad", "workpad", "compose on your email" etc.

To find notepad or workpad hit the green start button at bottom left.......then all programs.........then accessories.......... then follow the arrow to the right of accessories and you will see a list which will include workpad and notepad.

Open Notepad or workpad and then make sure the vertical line is blinking on the page. You may have to point the arrow and click the left button

Now push the right button and go down to "paste".

Click on Paste and the article should appear.

Now it's saved and you can do the reverse to copy and paste it back to the one pocket forum if subit fails.

I hope this works and is not too confusing. Although it's much easier if you have someone at your side going thru the steps.

good luck.........george

Whoops! i forgot to tell you to hit "save" on workpad, notepad etc. after you paste the article. Just follow the save instructions.......it's easy. You can name the article whatever you want for reference.

george

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gbru said:
Whoops! i forgot to tell you to hit "save" on workpad, notepad etc. after you paste the article. Just follow the save instructions.......it's easy. You can name the article whatever you want for reference.

george
Thanks for your help but I realy dont understand it I tryed to get it to work but I am not doing it correctly and I will waite for a nother time to wright it. But thanks for your help.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
Artie,

I found a video on Youtube on how to copy and paste. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66pvfilotA]CLICK HERE[/ame] to see it.

The reason many people are suggesting using this method is to have a safe place to write the text, and then copy and paste it into the onepocket site.

I hope this helps your posting issues.

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
I fixed this very helpful thread's title, so it now reads, "copy and paste"

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, iusedtoberich.

For now, I have made this a "sticky". However, I'm not too fond of too many stickies, so what I might do is create one simple "How To" sticky, that could include links to this instructive thread, and a couple of others that are needed, like how to use the new Wei table to insert a diagram in your posts...

Anyone have other requests, or want to volunteer to put together an instructional post to include in a general "How To" section?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
iusedtoberich said:
Artie,

I found a video on Youtube on how to copy and paste. CLICK HERE to see it.

The reason many people are suggesting using this method is to have a safe place to write the text, and then copy and paste it into the onepocket site.

I hope this helps your posting issues.
I realy dont understand it but Larry Swartz is in town taking off a big score and I will ask him to show me what to do. And I will write it all down my way were I will understand it. And Larry Swartz must have made a real big score because he took me out for my birthday and he said I could pick any place I wanted to go we had a great meal and a great time talking. And I told him to put his money in a interest baring account and dont touch it. But I will have Larry show me on my coumputor how to do it. Because I have no clue what I am doing on the compoutor. Its amazing how helpless we can be in one thing and be good at other things. Like spelling. I hope I spelt Larrys Swartzes name wright if I didnt I will get it wright and never miss spell it again. But Every body needs to ask qouistions even the people from different sights and all over the world. THis is not just for American One POcket players But all the one pocket players in the world. And you can but up different pool games and let the whole world ask qouistions about pool. And you can make a book out of it if you want to.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocket said:
I fixed this very helpful thread's title, so it now reads, "copy and paste"

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, iusedtoberich.

For now, I have made this a "sticky". However, I'm not too fond of too many stickies, so what I might do is create one simple "How To" sticky, that could include links to this instructive thread, and a couple of others that are needed, like how to use the new Wei table to insert a diagram in your posts...

Anyone have other requests, or want to volunteer to put together an instructional post to include in a general "How To" section?
I will learn this and I will not be blind no more I will see and learn. Thank you very much.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Copy and Paste...

Copy and Paste...

Dont let a word processor become "The Nerve-Pinch of One-Trench!!"
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I will learn this and I will not be blind no more I will see and learn. Thank you very much.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Dont let a word processor become "The Nerve-Pinch of One-Trench!!"
Steve Booth I Graduated. I Can Select Copy And Paste. By The Time THe Economy Gets Better I will Ge Able To Do The Wei Diagrams. But One Step At A Time. I Hope I Dont Get In Trouble Pasting Something Were I Shouldnt Past It. Put THats Life Thier Will Always Be Something And New People. Its Like That Move With Hellen Keller. THe Miracle Worker I Think. I Learned. Thiers A REason Why Our LAst Name Initial Is A B Because We Are Brilliant. You Never Herd That Before.