Ask Artie Holiday Special

Skin

Verified Member
Bump

Bump

Been kind of slow around here lately, so...

This is one of the epic 1p.org threads from the past...bumped for the new folks who might get something out of it. It's got it all. Hope it doesn't cause anybody to flee and never come back, though. :D

Skin

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Wow. just scanned thru again. What a bunch of fools.
"Never argue with a fool, people won't be able to tell the difference"
I'm happy I only posted once. # 260
Rod.
P.S. Total gibberish for the most part.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Wow. just scanned thru again. What a bunch of fools.
"Never argue with a fool, people won't be able to tell the difference"
I'm happy I only posted once. # 260
Rod.
P.S. Total gibberish for the most part.

Rod,

The Duck just called me and congratulated me on post #258:). He thought the thread had just originated today and I had to explain to him that it was 4 years and two months old:p. What a f@@king moron he is:frus. Talk about "talking to wool:p".

Cowboy "afraid to read the thread" Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
C'mon, Rod & Dennis. Those were the good old days! It's just a walk down unparagraphed, stream-of-consciousness, memory lane. ;) Things went well until the Artie knockers showed up, then all hell broke loose. But it was a more entertaining kind of knocker hell than we've had in a loooong time. :)

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
C'mon, Rod & Dennis. Those were the good old days! It's just a walk down unparagraphed, stream-of-consciousness, memory lane. ;) Things went well until the Artie knockers showed up, then all hell broke loose. But it was a more entertaining kind of knocker hell than we've had in a loooong time. :)

Skin

You've got a point there, at least AB didn't call posters names for not agreeing with his choice of shot, at least not that I recall (I was the 1st he ever admitted to that he was wrong about a shot and I can prove it). He certainly did give that impression though.

Which "Artie knockers" are you referring to? I've gone toe-to-toe with him more than anyone except SJD and Freddy and I don't recall any others:confused:.

Artie's O.K. in my book, he just needs to tone down the egomaniacal rantings & ravings.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
You've got a point there, at least AB didn't call posters names for not agreeing with his choice of shot, at least not that I recall. He certainly did give that impression though.

Which "Artie knockers" are you referring to? I've gone toe-to-toe with him more than anyone except SJD and Freddy and I don't recall any others:confused:.

Artie's O.K. in my book, he just needs to tone down the egomaniacal rantings & ravings.

Dennis

OldSchool and Lou started it.

I like Artie, also. In 2008 I was just picking pool back up and looking to learn 1p. Artie always gave me something to think about and overall, he helped "shape my head" for the game. ;) I never had a problem with his belief that he knew how to play the game better than anybody. The others sure did, though. :)

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
OldSchool and Lou started it.

I like Artie, also. In 2008 I was just picking pool back up and looking to learn 1p. Artie always gave me something to think about and overall, he helped "shape my head" for the game. ;) I never had a problem with his belief that he knew how to play the game better than anybody. The others sure did, though. :)

Skin

Old School & Lou F. never wrote an un-right word to AB in my opinion. Both are fair-minded men with no visible axe to grind. They simply pointed out his failings as he pointed out other's failings. All's fair either way.

I also believe I know the game better than anybody(for my money), not many could teach me anything but I don't say that BS 20 times a day. It would grow tiring:(.

Dennis

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Old School & Lou F. never wrote an un-right word to AB in my opinion. Both are fair-minded men with no visible axe to grind. They simply pointed out his failings as he pointed out other's failings. All's fair either way.

I also believe I know the game better than anybody(for my money), not many could teach me anything but I don't say that BS 20 times a day. It would grow tiring:(.

Dennis

LMFAO :rolleyes:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Oh really???

You're lucky he became an old fat drunken blind guy at 40 years old.

You're just trying to get to him because you know that nowadays he won't bet that fat meat is greasy.

If this was 1986 or 1987 he'd make you bet one thousand dollars of your own money and kick your ass all over a pool table.

Aint so funny now is it? :lol :lol :lol :lol

What a bunch of f@@king bozos

Jimmy B

Verified Member
OldSchool:

I responded to your post last night but deleted what I wrote this morning because my tone was no better than yours, and that is not how I wish to communicate. So, I am going to post anew.

My supervising professor for my PhD work used to remind his grad students when we would go trotting off, sure we were about to pull off the Nobel Prize winning experiment, "You know, a couple of months in the lab can save you a few days in the library." He almost always turned out to be right as we often discovered that somebody else had already done what we planned, had done it better usually, and often had proved us wrong. Getting shot down in flames before you get off the runway is a humbling experience you never forget. It teaches you the value of other people's knowledge and the hazard of thinking you're the smartest person in the room.

What's going on here is folks who want to learn the game are asking questions (they are going to the library first before they go to the lab), and outside of Artie and Dick, hardly anybody is answering. These two masters don't have to say anything, but the fact that they do is evidence of a certain generousity of soul for which they deserve praise and gratitude.

Perhaps to you and other critics, the level of discussion is not high enough to satisfy your cravings for knowledge. Fair enough. The soultion is for y'all to raise the level rather than, you in particular, dissing the process and the learners by calling them jock-sniffers and portraying the learners as too ignorant to understand that there is more to know than just what Artie has posted. Some of us are quite well-educated and master learners even if we are not master players.

Why don't you guys light a candle instead of cursing what you think is the daarkness? You'll probably discover that you don't know as much as you think you do, which is always the first thing a person who sets out to teach runs up against, and that is guaranteed if nothing else to produce respect for learners and the process where it doesn't already exist.

Skin

I knew it. I can tell you studied under The Great One for a while. It shows in your excellent shot selections and analysis of one pocket shots. Fantastic post here. I had to re-up it. The critics do not understand the value of repetition of certain important points that have to sink in. They don't know how to teach. A little example. When I had a certain business on the border of two states, customers poured down the interstate from SC to Ga right at the line to buy the lottery from me. I had two terminals and really needed three. I would hire a young pretty girl to attract a certain clientele. I knew she needed extensive on the job training but we had so many customers that they would learn everything fast. It was not easy. You had to really get with the machine. You had to know all about the cash 3, the cash 4, the fantasy five. What a combo was. What a box was. All about the straight box bets as well as all the info about scratch offs, how to change the paper in the machines. I had went to school on it, but you don't retain shit. You learned on the job. I had to repeat instructions over and over and over. I might have to show one girl just tow or three times how to punch in powerball quick picks, but show her ten times how to change the tape, especially if it was allowed to run all the way out. Artie Bodendorfer realized this and was trying to help the MB members. Probably one of the greatest men who ever lived, I would say. In the top twenty for sure..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Oh really???

You're lucky he became an old fat drunken blind guy at 40 years old.

You're just trying to get to him because you know that nowadays he won't bet that fat meat is greasy.

If this was 1986 or 1987 he'd make you bet one thousand dollars of your own money and kick your ass all over a pool table.

Aint so funny now is it? :lol :lol :lol :lol

What a bunch of f@@king bozos

You might be right.. he probably could have given me 8 to 7 in 1986 or 1987.... but I didnt start playing until 1990 after that he was ****ed!!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
You might be right.. he probably could have given me 8 to 7 in 1986 or 1987.... but I didnt start playing until 1990 after that he was ****ed!!:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, you're real funny.

Listen, Dennis and I are the same age (54) and he quit playing over 10 years ago when he started going blind but I know if he wanted to, he could get back in stroke and you wouldn't like it.

I know for sure he would get you out of your comfort zone and make you bet a thousand dollars! How you like that?

Damn man, he was threatening to play Artie for 10 or 20 or 30,000 whatever it was, think you worry him. HA!

Yeah...you probably watch TV too. :eek:

F@@kin imbeciles. :lol