Ask Artie Holiday Special

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Question For Artie

Question For Artie

hi artie, thanks in advance for your time and help. heres my question, when i have a good lead in a game, say im winning 6 to 2 and i have gotten all the balls up table and pretty much out of play i find my opponent eating into my lead one ball at a time. im obviously playing to tight in that i dont shoot enough for fear of selling out the object ball. when you have this type of situation what do you do to finish off the game? i know this is not a specific situation but it comes up a lot. thanks sappo

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
Crickets.

All I'm hearing out there is crickets. It sort of reminds me of a college professor accidentally walking into a graduate level seminar and launching into an introductory, 101-level discussion about how to play the game right.

I mean, unless I've got the wrong read on the crowd here, most do not need the "1pocket for Dummies" version. And so far that's been about it. Most here know to play the score, and to think ahead, and make the other guy do what you want him to do. And we all want and would love to play perfect 1pocket. But just saying that over and over (along with "never make a mistake") isn't really of much practical help.

For my taste, I think I can pick, at random, almost any Accu-Stats match, with Billy and Grady doing the commentary, and get more, good, hardcore information about how to play the game right, than from what I've been reading here lately. Freddy, in a favorite aphorism, has repeatedly taught us all more, in one beautiful, short, memorable sentence, than all of the recent (and monstrously mangled) gobbldygook put together: "Never give up 'the move.'"

Maybe I'm alone in this opinion (and after all, that's all it is), but that's my 2cents.

Lou Figueroa
You are intitled to your opinon But the people who want to learn and I hope the learn dont pass up the chance to Dace I hope you Dance dont sit it out. Their are lots of people who mite not agree or think the are smarter. But I will go up aginst any one or I will even let the top five but all their inginuitei together. And I will use what I no and my knowledge I diont need no cosigners and I dont need mr reputation and win percentage. All I need is me and my knowledge. Their is always one person in the crowed that wants to sabatash something good . And the dont want no one to learn. Because the are misrable and all the can do is critizize and complain. THats your role in life what is your claim to fame. What have you done to help someone? You havant said one thing to show all these readers and learners what to do to help their game. Everthing out of your mouth is nothing but words. And all you can do is knock for whatever reason you are doing it of whoever put yopu up to it. I stand alone I dont have no anamasotie or bitterness twords anyone. I will stand up for myself. And if anyone wants to chalange what I wrote fine put your money and your knowledge were your mouth is. I would like for you to answer some quistions since you are so smart and think you no something. Let me her from you what one pocket is and how can people improve their game. And can you tell me what the correct shot is. And what you are supose to to on every shot and why. Do you no anything at all about one pocket. You explain the game. and how you play the game. You came out of the clear blue and started knocking and were hard on the people who want to learn. Does anyone no you on this sight. I would like to no what you no about one pocket not who you played or who you beat but what you no. You have made statments about what I wrote do you want to have a one pocket chalange and see how much you realy no. Or are just another catoon caracter that wants to be herd. I can tell everyone who red what I wrote you dont even have to belive what I wrote. But if you do what I said you will improve your game and you can prove it to yourself. What I have given you is stronger than in any one pocket book and it will work and apply to all games not just one pocket. And I hope you learn. Dot let some person discourage you from learning. And if you no some one pocket you will no what I wrote makes sense. And I dont see no open chalanges. Its all behind closed doors. You no who I am and I am out in the open. And I will back up what I wright. I hope you can do the same. Or keep knocking and hiding. Or come out in the open and take the bet like a man. NOt like a wessal. And I will bet you dont even answer my quistions. Because you are a Bum. A real Bum. Let me her what you have to give to help people with their one pocket game. What is your cotrabution and gift to one pocket. I hope we can get together and you can bet real high. Because I have had a lot of people call me already and the want to take part of my bet. SO dont be shy speeck up I love it. People need to see for themselves who is real and who is bull shit. and it will not take long if the no how to play to play avarage one pockit. And you dont even have a clue what it means what I wrote. What I wrote is also for the champions because the dont no what I wrote and the dont do that in a game. Its very practical if you learn it and do it. And what I wrote is correct. And what do you have to conribute beside nothing. You havant said one thing about how to play the game. Not one thing. And all those taps are nothing but a replay of the games people played. And people need more than just to watch taps to play. THe need to no what to do. TAps atre great but knowing wat to do is even greater. Lets both of us tell the people something that the dont no and we will go from their. Let me herb what you can tell them. Or dont you no anything?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You are intitled to your opinon But the people who want to learn and I hope the learn dont pass up the chance to Dace I hope you Dance dont sit it out. Their are lots of people who mite not agree or think the are smarter. But I will go up aginst any one or I will even let the top five but all their inginuitei together. And I will use what I no and my knowledge I diont need no cosigners and I dont need mr reputation and win percentage. All I need is me and my knowledge. Their is always one person in the crowed that wants to sabatash something good . And the dont want no one to learn. Because the are misrable and all the can do is critizize and complain. THats your role in life what is your claim to fame. What have you done to help someone? You havant said one thing to show all these readers and learners what to do to help their game. Everthing out of your mouth is nothing but words. And all you can do is knock for whatever reason you are doing it of whoever put yopu up to it. I stand alone I dont have no anamasotie or bitterness twords anyone. I will stand up for myself. And if anyone wants to chalange what I wrote fine put your money and your knowledge were your mouth is. I would like for you to answer some quistions since you are so smart and think you no something. Let me her from you what one pocket is and how can people improve their game. And can you tell me what the correct shot is. And what you are supose to to on every shot and why. Do you no anything at all about one pocket. You explain the game. and how you play the game. You came out of the clear blue and started knocking and were hard on the people who want to learn. Does anyone no you on this sight. I would like to no what you no about one pocket not who you played or who you beat but what you no. You have made statments about what I wrote do you want to have a one pocket chalange and see how much you realy no. Or are just another catoon caracter that wants to be herd. I can tell everyone who red what I wrote you dont even have to belive what I wrote. But if you do what I said you will improve your game and you can prove it to yourself. What I have given you is stronger than in any one pocket book and it will work and apply to all games not just one pocket. And I hope you learn. Dot let some person discourage you from learning. And if you no some one pocket you will no what I wrote makes sense. And I dont see no open chalanges. Its all behind closed doors. You no who I am and I am out in the open. And I will back up what I wright. I hope you can do the same. Or keep knocking and hiding. Or come out in the open and take the bet like a man. NOt like a wessal. And I will bet you dont even answer my quistions. Because you are a Bum. A real Bum. Let me her what you have to give to help people with their one pocket game. What is your cotrabution and gift to one pocket. I hope we can get together and you can bet real high. Because I have had a lot of people call me already and the want to take part of my bet. SO dont be shy speeck up I love it. People need to see for themselves who is real and who is bull shit. and it will not take long if the no how to play to play avarage one pockit. And you dont even have a clue what it means what I wrote. What I wrote is also for the champions because the dont no what I wrote and the dont do that in a game. Its very practical if you learn it and do it. And what I wrote is correct. And what do you have to conribute beside nothing. You havant said one thing about how to play the game. Not one thing. And all those taps are nothing but a replay of the games people played. And people need more than just to watch taps to play. THe need to no what to do. TAps atre great but knowing wat to do is even greater. Lets both of us tell the people something that the dont no and we will go from their. Let me herb what you can tell them. Or dont you no anything?
And why would you care if someone is learning something?

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
OldSchool said:
Mr. lfigueroa, on the contrary, what you just wrote was NOT just your opinion, what you just wrote was THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I've wanted to post the same TRUTH myself, but I didn't think it was worth the bother -- but you inspired me. All of this supposed fantastic instruction that the great Artie has been monotonously posting for days and days is just obvious, common sense, one pocket thinking that any halfway decent one pocket player knows, and Artie says it as if he's saying something original -- what a freaking joke. I've showed these posts of his to a few strong one pocket players that I know, and they also think it's a joke. And these jock sniffers on the site here who keep posting things like, "wow Artie, thanks so much for sharing all of your knowledge" --- man, that is pathetic. And haven't you 'seekers of the magic knowledge' noticed that the few times you've asked Artie to give his actual shot choice in a specific situation, he doesn't answer -- just like a politician who avoids answering the question asked -- Why doesn't he answer ? -- because then his shot choices could be analyzed and found to be the same choices other seasoned one pocket players would choose -- revealing that THE SECRET MAGIC ARTIE KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST. And like I said before in an earlier post, Artie was a great one pocket player, and I know his game as well as any living human. I've seen Artie play many, many times, and studied his moving and shot choices countless times, and he didn't play with any SECRET MAGIC KNOWLEDGE -- he just played extremely smart, and executed extremely well -- that's THE REAL TRUTH, believe it.

And last of all, I also think Artie is ruining this site, posting 20 times a day and infiltrating every post with his egomaniac bs, and half of the time his posts aren't even referring to what the original post was about -- he obviously doesn't know what hijacking threads means.

OldSchool

I tried to make a joke about Lou F.'s post. But I think your post, Old School, is unnecessarily harsh. Ruining the site ? Please explain how. It seems to me that Artie is genuinely trying to add something. Just what are you accomplishing (much less contributing) with your harsh criticism ?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
oldspuruy said:
I tried to make a joke about Lou F.'s post. But I think your post, Old School, is unnecessarily harsh. Ruining the site ? Please explain how. It seems to me that Artie is genuinely trying to add something. Just what are you accomplishing (much less contributing) with your harsh criticism ?
Idont no what your problem is but thats for you to figure out. Everyone has a imagination and youres is running away and gitting the best of you. And to bad mouth the whole site is wrong. Your problem is with me and I dont even no you. And Dont care who you are. And I still havant herd you give any positve enformation or how to play the game. And if you think you no how toplay then but up your money and lets see who wins. I dont think you no anything and you still havant said anything. And I have been around the best and the smardest pool players in life and i have never herd any off them say what I said . Mabe you can tell me what tap to get and I will see if you have any credibility what you say. I have had 30 and 40 people working for me in Las Vegas and I was number one at that too maybe I cant teach someone how to beat betting sports either. But all you have to do is ask the top bettors. And as far as one pocket goes you can pick 10 people to help you with your one pocket information and we will have a nice friendly bet. The people on the sight are just trying to learn. Or is it upsetting you that I am doing it free. Or dont you want anyone to learn tyo play correct one pocket mistake free. And you can even get teackers and instruicters to help you. Because I belive in what I say. And the truth will always win over BS. We can both put up the moey with Steve Booth and we can see who knows the most and is the most qualified. Since you no so much can you tell me what the most important shot is in one pocket.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Idont no what your problem is but thats for you to figure out. Everyone has a imagination and youres is running away and gitting the best of you. And to bad mouth the whole site is wrong. Your problem is with me and I dont even no you. And Dont care who you are. And I still havant herd you give any positve enformation or how to play the game. And if you think you no how toplay then but up your money and lets see who wins. I dont think you no anything and you still havant said anything. And I have been around the best and the smardest pool players in life and i have never herd any off them say what I said . Mabe you can tell me what tap to get and I will see if you have any credibility what you say. I have had 30 and 40 people working for me in Las Vegas and I was number one at that too maybe I cant teach someone how to beat betting sports either. But all you have to do is ask the top bettors. And as far as one pocket goes you can pick 10 people to help you with your one pocket information and we will have a nice friendly bet. The people on the sight are just trying to learn. Or is it upsetting you that I am doing it free. Or dont you want anyone to learn tyo play correct one pocket mistake free. And you can even get teackers and instruicters to help you. Because I belive in what I say. And the truth will always win over BS. We can both put up the moey with Steve Booth and we can see who knows the most and is the most qualified. Since you no so much can you tell me what the most important shot is in one pocket.
I dont critiziseI answer ouistions with answeres. How to play the game mistake free. Or do you do that to_Or would you like for me to show you how to do that. You are a ver criticale person and you have not answered one quistion. You must be a smart man.I hope you teach us somthing about knowledge because you havant tought anyone anything yet. About the game of one pocket. You must be a very intellagent person. You sound very knowlegable. It only takes you 5 minutes to answer. How long will it take you to put up your money. I am glade this isnt a cosperacy. But keep learning and you will be ok. You will get cured from your one pocket disease.
You sound like someone that has never played one pocket. And in joys conflicte because you don like it when people say nice things about other people. But you will be ok. Keep giving feed back on all of the iportant things you have said. And you have tought me so much. Your kindness will never be forgotten.

chicagomike

Verified Member
As the holiday comes to a close I feel like I have a developed a better insight to the game of one pocket. Thanks for all the great questions and answers.

Artie,
You are a man of your word. You have spent all day answering questions just like you said you would. Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort to make your contributions. We have alot of great members on this site who are sincere in their desire to learn. If everyone can keep giving a little through their questions, answers, comments, and experiences I believe we can all take our own games to the next level of play.

-Chicagomike

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
chicagomike said:
As the holiday comes to a close I feel like I have a developed a better insight to the game of one pocket. Thanks for all the great questions and answers.

Artie,
You are a man of your word. You have spent all day answering questions just like you said you would. Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort to make your contributions. We have alot of great members on this site who are sincere in their desire to learn. If everyone can keep giving a little through their questions, answers, comments, and experiences I believe we can all take our own games to the next level of play.

-Chicagomike
THanks a lot Chicago mike and thanks for posting theb reply thread and I wis their would have been more people to learn and read. But it does not matter what other people say. And I no it works and I have won more money gambling then any won. And I did real good in pool And I never had a real job in my life. But you have been very help full and nice. And you have one of my best friends name CHICAGO MIKE. Every time I hear that name it reminds me of him. ANd he played pool his whole life and he was a good boxer. People were scared to death of him. BUt if you ever need to no anything about one pocket dont hesatate to ask. And I hope you realy improve your game and this is sincere coming from me. I can answer any quistion you want answered and I will bet on my aswer over anyones elses answer. THe one thing I no is how to play correct one pocket mistake free and as soon as it gets out. The whole world will be doing it and talking about it. It would also be nice if everyone would contribute and answer what will help one pocket. Every one that read what I wrote I would bet every dollaer I have that the information is correct and it will work. Just learn it and you will see for yourself. Allways practice hard dont just bang balls around. I hope you had a great coulombas day. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Which pocket is mine?

Verified Member
Big thanks artie

Big thanks artie

Takes courage to face the public with ideas that different from the aggressive
one pocket style we now play I assume you hAVE ABOVE AVERAGE CUEBALL
CONTROL maybe your detracters should pony up some money Lot of players can run out but you got to have the first shot

Best regard
Jim

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Which pocket is mine? said:
Takes courage to face the public with ideas that different from the aggressive
one pocket style we now play I assume you hAVE ABOVE AVERAGE CUEBALL
CONTROL maybe your detracters should pony up some money Lot of players can run out but you got to have the first shot

Best regard
Jim
Thanks JIm I can tell you if we all stick together and learn together we will all be smarter and play better one pocket. Its always the unknown people are afraid of. But some body has to steep up and tell it like it is. Their is more to onepocket then shooting and bankink. The best shooter and banker does not have to win. Yes I had good cue ball control becuse I tought myself. . THE FIRST SHOOT IS BIGGER THEN LIFE. How much is the first shot worth. I remember Chicago mike he was a boxer and he use to say nobody can spot him the first shot. And he knocked out a lot of people and he never lost. And no I herd it from you YES the first shot is very strong. I dont her one champion or one great player saying anything about what I wright and say. THeir must be a reason why none of the champions are challanging me. And we all no the have backers. So why wouldnt the get a backer and win the 30 thousand dollares. But whoever the knocker was had something personale it had nothing to do with pool. But I dont no and dont care. Do I no you Jim. If you need to no any answeres to one pocket. I will be glade to give you the answer and why. How much would it help your game if you could learn to get the first shot. I have champions that want me to show them how to play correct one pocket. Mistake free. I am going to call one of them this week and see what I will do to help his game. And he is a champion and a all around world champion. So I guess he must belive what I wright about. Excepte I mite tell him the whole key and secret to the game because he desirves it for all his dedication and loyalty to the game. I am the worst on the sight using the computor. And I realy dont nowhat I am doing or what I can do and cant do. I dont no the rules and how the work and if I dont no something I admite it . I have no problem saying I dont no how to do something. Because thier are lots of things I cant do But their are lots of things I can do and no how to do. And thats Pool sports and Gambling. And I have won at it my whole life. So why would you not belive a winner? But thanks again jim you have my support if I can help you in any way. Just ask.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
sappo said:
hi artie, thanks in advance for your time and help. heres my question, when i have a good lead in a game, say im winning 6 to 2 and i have gotten all the balls up table and pretty much out of play i find my opponent eating into my lead one ball at a time. im obviously playing to tight in that i dont shoot enough for fear of selling out the object ball. when you have this type of situation what do you do to finish off the game? i know this is not a specific situation but it comes up a lot. thanks sappo
You are not playing to tight you are playing the wrong shots because if he is pecking away at the lead you are leaving him the shots . And you have to learn. what shots to shoot and why. You are giving himmfree shots. And you are on defese you hant to keep your opponent on deffense thats why you have to learn what shots to shoot and were to but the object ball and cue ball for his next shot. Learn not to give him free shots. If he shoots at a shot and doesnt make the shot you should get a shot at your pocket. And if his shot is totaly free I would tell you to learn the shoots. SEt up your shoots and what happened and do you have any good one pocket players were you are and ask them what the correct shot and position of the cue ball is. You have to get your opponent were he is on deffense and you are shooting at your whole . And if you keep a ball in front of your pocket he cant shoot because if he misses you will have a easy shot. So if you put a ball in front of your pocket he has to take his turn shooting the ball away from ypur pocket. And if it is the other way around you will be on deffense and he will be on offense. keep playing and practicing and play against yourself and you will learn what shot to shoot and what you have to do. Because you will see the resulte from both sides. This is a good quistion. And If I was playing I would position the balls and the cue ball were the would help my game and I would manover the cue ball were I would get a shot or he would make a mistake. Excepte I would have a big edge because I no what to do and you still have more to learn. You are not playing to tight. You just have more to learn. And with time and practice you will learn. And once you learn it you will not forget it. It will be like wrighting your name. But that is what you have to learn. He is beating you to the shot. And he knowes what to do to get that advantage. Stick with it you will learn it and then you will have the edge. Good luck.

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Artie, I know you always click on the Quote button to make a reply, but I hope you weren't talking to me when you said in your post about "trying to ruin the site". If you read my post, you will see that I am on your side. I will assume that you were referring to Old School, or some other poster that criticized you. Have a great day.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I have toght Larry Schwartz a lot of great and important information on all pool games. And he is the best teacher and the most qualified pool teacher in Chicago. MR. Larry Scwartz Mr Larry Schwartz he desirves the recignition and he is a clasy guy. And he is great at giving pool lessions if someone is looking for a great teacher. I dont no if he is avalable but I am sure someone can get ahold of him . Even Phil Welch can get ahold of him. I have his number but I cant give out someones phone number. But if someone wants some pool lessions he does not charge a lot. And its great for people who live in chicago. I charge a thousand dollares a houer and I no thats out of the reach for 99% of the people. But I am giving you all this information FREE. And i will keep helping everyone tell. Its time t hang it up. And I will not charge anyone for any quistions. And I no I could have opened up a sight and charged to answer peoples quistions and how to play correct one pocket mistake free. BUt Larry Schwartz is very sociable and a lot of people like him. And he will give you a great lession. And he is honest and sincere when he gives lessions. And I am AB And I approve this message.

Larry Schwartz gave me a couple lessions in 92 here in Vegas and Artie is 20000% right he is a great teacher, especially for good players who want to learn 1P-not for C players to learn how to hold a cue, he would be good at that too, but he is best for 1P and advanced stuff.

If one mans help does infact help others, then a 3rd mans opinion dosent matter. That is simple logic. Instead of tearing things down do something positive. <-----not a knock as I respect everyone here!

respectfully

eric P

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
artie, i have read and reread many of your posts and am practicing to learn . i hope i can one day play correct and mistake free one pocket.i enjoy the journey of learning.thank you for sharing your knowledge. there is no question your results speak for themselves. its too bad some people want to be negative. it great your strong personality does not let it bother you.if you look at how many posts there are on the various threads you have participated i know i can only speak for myself but it appears there are many besides myself who sincerely want to learn and appreciate your time and knowledge.thank you.

Skin

Verified Member
OldSchool said:
Mr. lfigueroa, on the contrary, what you just wrote was NOT just your opinion, what you just wrote was THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I've wanted to post the same TRUTH myself, but I didn't think it was worth the bother -- but you inspired me. All of this supposed fantastic instruction that the great Artie has been monotonously posting for days and days is just obvious, common sense, one pocket thinking that any halfway decent one pocket player knows, and Artie says it as if he's saying something original -- what a freaking joke. I've showed these posts of his to a few strong one pocket players that I know, and they also think it's a joke. And these jock sniffers on the site here who keep posting things like, "wow Artie, thanks so much for sharing all of your knowledge" --- man, that is pathetic. And haven't you 'seekers of the magic knowledge' noticed that the few times you've asked Artie to give his actual shot choice in a specific situation, he doesn't answer -- just like a politician who avoids answering the question asked -- Why doesn't he answer ? -- because then his shot choices could be analyzed and found to be the same choices other seasoned one pocket players would choose -- revealing that THE SECRET MAGIC ARTIE KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST. And like I said before in an earlier post, Artie was a great one pocket player, and I know his game as well as any living human. I've seen Artie play many, many times, and studied his moving and shot choices countless times, and he didn't play with any SECRET MAGIC KNOWLEDGE -- he just played extremely smart, and executed extremely well -- that's THE REAL TRUTH, believe it.

And last of all, I also think Artie is ruining this site, posting 20 times a day and infiltrating every post with his egomaniac bs, and half of the time his posts aren't even referring to what the original post was about -- he obviously doesn't know what hijacking threads means.

OldSchool

OldSchool:

I responded to your post last night but deleted what I wrote this morning because my tone was no better than yours, and that is not how I wish to communicate. So, I am going to post anew.

My supervising professor for my PhD work used to remind his grad students when we would go trotting off, sure we were about to pull off the Nobel Prize winning experiment, "You know, a couple of months in the lab can save you a few days in the library." He almost always turned out to be right as we often discovered that somebody else had already done what we planned, had done it better usually, and often had proved us wrong. Getting shot down in flames before you get off the runway is a humbling experience you never forget. It teaches you the value of other people's knowledge and the hazard of thinking you're the smartest person in the room.

What's going on here is folks who want to learn the game are asking questions (they are going to the library first before they go to the lab), and outside of Artie and Dick, hardly anybody is answering. These two masters don't have to say anything, but the fact that they do is evidence of a certain generousity of soul for which they deserve praise and gratitude.

Perhaps to you and other critics, the level of discussion is not high enough to satisfy your cravings for knowledge. Fair enough. The soultion is for y'all to raise the level rather than, you in particular, dissing the process and the learners by calling them jock-sniffers and portraying the learners as too ignorant to understand that there is more to know than just what Artie has posted. Some of us are quite well-educated and master learners even if we are not master players.

Why don't you guys light a candle instead of cursing what you think is the daarkness? You'll probably discover that you don't know as much as you think you do, which is always the first thing a person who sets out to teach runs up against, and that is guaranteed if nothing else to produce respect for learners and the process where it doesn't already exist.

Skin

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Skin said:
OldSchool:

I responded to your post last night but deleted what I wrote this morning because my tone was no better than yours, and that is not how I wish to communicate. So, I am going to post anew.

My supervising professor for my PhD work used to remind his grad students when we would go trotting off, sure we were about to pull off the Nobel Prize winning experiment, "You know, a couple of months in the lab can save you a few days in the library." He almost always turned out to be right as we often discovered that somebody else had already done what we planned, had done it better usually, and often had proved us wrong. Getting shot down in flames before you get off the runway is a humbling experience you never forget. It teaches you the value of other people's knowledge and the hazard of thinking you're the smartest person in the room.

What's going on here is folks who want to learn the game are asking questions (they are going to the library first before they go to the lab), and outside of Artie and Dick, hardly anybody is answering. These two masters don't have to say anything, but the fact that they do is evidence of a certain generousity of soul for which they deserve praise and gratitude.

Perhaps to you and other critics, the level of discussion is not high enough to satisfy your cravings for knowledge. Fair enough. The soultion is for y'all to raise the level rather than, you in particular, dissing the process and the learners by calling them jock-sniffers and portraying the learners as too ignorant to understand that there is more to know than just what Artie has posted. Some of us are quite well-educated and master learners even if we are not master players.

Why don't you guys light a candle instead of cursing what you think is the daarkness? You'll probably discover that you don't know as much as you think you do, which is always the first thing a person who sets out to teach runs up against, and that is guaranteed if nothing else to produce respect for learners and the process where it doesn't already exist.

Skin
Thank you very much for posting this.

Lou F also has a lot he could add, in terms of lighting a candle.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
skin, very articulate. well written and i agree with you one hunded percent.if the champions would all voice their opinion we could all learn alot. even with all the knowledge not all of us will be able to execute it under pressure for the cheese. so sharing it will not keep the champions from winning.

Which pocket is mine?

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thanks JIm I can tell you if we all stick together and learn together we will all be smarter and play better one pocket. Its always the unknown people are afraid of. But some body has to steep up and tell it like it is. Their is more to onepocket then shooting and bankink. The best shooter and banker does not have to win. Yes I had good cue ball control becuse I tought myself. . THE FIRST SHOOT IS BIGGER THEN LIFE. How much is the first shot worth. I remember Chicago mike he was a boxer and he use to say nobody can spot him the first shot. And he knocked out a lot of people and he never lost. And no I herd it from you YES the first shot is very strong. I dont her one champion or one great player saying anything about what I wright and say. THeir must be a reason why none of the champions are challanging me. And we all no the have backers. So why wouldnt the get a backer and win the 30 thousand dollares. But whoever the knocker was had something personale it had nothing to do with pool. But I dont no and dont care. Do I no you Jim. If you need to no any answeres to one pocket. I will be glade to give you the answer and why. How much would it help your game if you could learn to get the first shot. I have champions that want me to show them how to play correct one pocket. Mistake free. I am going to call one of them this week and see what I will do to help his game. And he is a champion and a all around world champion. So I guess he must belive what I wright about. Excepte I mite tell him the whole key and secret to the game because he desirves it for all his dedication and loyalty to the game. I am the worst on the sight using the computor. And I realy dont nowhat I am doing or what I can do and cant do. I dont no the rules and how the work and if I dont no something I admite it . I have no problem saying I dont no how to do something. Because thier are lots of things I cant do But their are lots of things I can do and no how to do. And thats Pool sports and Gambling. And I have won at it my whole life. So why would you not belive a winner? But thanks again jim you have my support if I can help you in any way. Just ask.[/QUOTE

Well Artie since you offer to help, the secret and the whole key to the game
would be of greatly appreciated .I live in Detroit and have seen Bugs play a
lot I ask him about strong players in chiago yours was at the top of the list
you may send me a private message. I really dont understand the critics,
Legends earn there statis and you earn your at one of the great pool halls
ever

Best regards
Jim

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Which pocket is mine? said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thanks JIm I can tell you if we all stick together and learn together we will all be smarter and play better one pocket. Its always the unknown people are afraid of. But some body has to steep up and tell it like it is. Their is more to onepocket then shooting and bankink. The best shooter and banker does not have to win. Yes I had good cue ball control becuse I tought myself. . THE FIRST SHOOT IS BIGGER THEN LIFE. How much is the first shot worth. I remember Chicago mike he was a boxer and he use to say nobody can spot him the first shot. And he knocked out a lot of people and he never lost. And no I herd it from you YES the first shot is very strong. I dont her one champion or one great player saying anything about what I wright and say. THeir must be a reason why none of the champions are challanging me. And we all no the have backers. So why wouldnt the get a backer and win the 30 thousand dollares. But whoever the knocker was had something personale it had nothing to do with pool. But I dont no and dont care. Do I no you Jim. If you need to no any answeres to one pocket. I will be glade to give you the answer and why. How much would it help your game if you could learn to get the first shot. I have champions that want me to show them how to play correct one pocket. Mistake free. I am going to call one of them this week and see what I will do to help his game. And he is a champion and a all around world champion. So I guess he must belive what I wright about. Excepte I mite tell him the whole key and secret to the game because he desirves it for all his dedication and loyalty to the game. I am the worst on the sight using the computor. And I realy dont nowhat I am doing or what I can do and cant do. I dont no the rules and how the work and if I dont no something I admite it . I have no problem saying I dont no how to do something. Because thier are lots of things I cant do But their are lots of things I can do and no how to do. And thats Pool sports and Gambling. And I have won at it my whole life. So why would you not belive a winner? But thanks again jim you have my support if I can help you in any way. Just ask.[/QUOTE

Well Artie since you offer to help, the secret and the whole key to the game
would be of greatly appreciated .I live in Detroit and have seen Bugs play a
lot I ask him about strong players in chiago yours was at the top of the list
you may send me a private message. I really dont understand the critics,
Legends earn there statis and you earn your at one of the great pool halls
ever

Best regards
Jim
Idont no how to send a private message I am the worst on the sight with comutors you cand tell how I post and all that stuff. Did you no Detroit Jimmy that use to run around with harold? He played cards and pool and sports he turned out to be one of the greatest hustlers in life. He learned a lot. You aked Harold if I would teach him how to hustle and he would pay me and give me a peace of his winnings. And I said ok I showed him how to hustle and how to make games and how to keep his game 2 balls under his speed. And when a score showes up you will win easy. And I told him lots of things about pool and hustling. Jimmy beat everyone in detroit playing pool and cards. And I told him if he needs to no how to take off a score to call me and I will tell him how to do it. Jimmy use to send me acheck every month and I could belive how much he sent. And he did it for years. And he also beat everyone in Chicago he played. He never booked a looser. He was perfect hustler and he listened and learned. He was a top hustler. And he had all the tools to be a great hustler. And hhe use to come to Las Vegas and we would cut up old jackpots. And he learned how to hustle and he new when he had a sucker. In all games. But jimmy died a sad death over a woman and a boy and It was one of the sadest storyies I ever herd And I realy liked Jimmy and I was very proud of him. THat he became the hustler he wanted to be. Did you no Detroit Jimmy. Detroite had a lot of great hustlers. But we will get back to Learning about pool. And I dont no why some one would knock what I said about pool. When its all free and the dont have to read it. Maybe because its one of those suckers I beat trying to get even. I beat one guy so bad in Chicago he use to call the police and say I did this and I did that. And the would come to my house with search worants and look around. But the never found nothing. Because I didnt do any of the things I was accused of. But suckers do funny things. And a sucker will never smarten up because that is what he wants to be. BUt for the people who want to learn about one pocket I will continue to answer your Quistions and help you with your game. Looking at taps is great but learning the answers to your quistions is more important than watching a reaplay. And learning will help and improve your game. I was surprised that 800 viewers Looked at the holiday special is that a lot of people. I hope the learned to help their mind and game. To be a good one pocket player YOU have to learn what to do to become the player. You want to be. Let me no how your game is coming and did it help your game. Have a great day.

frmn

Verified Member
i have to agree that what is being said here is very repititious.it's like walking through what you were told was a gold field looking around any saying " where are all the nuggets?". it turns out you had your foot propped on the biggest one. error free onepocket. no mistakes. oh yeah i know that but i'm just going to try this one shot.and now you've sold out. i know for the past few weeks i have started to reevalute my shot selection by thinking more about error free onepocket and it has made my game better. when i start loosening my shot selection up my game goes back down. hold the idea close to your heart error free one pocket