Best Super Senior 1 Pocket player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Super Senior 1 Pocket player?

For all our wise members here, in your opinion who plays the best 1 hole that is at least 70 years old? 75 years old?

I hope I don't ruin anyone's action, but its not like any of these guys are new kids on the block.

In honor of the 50th anniversary of Johnson City, maybe there should be a King of (Over) the Hill Challenge table at the Derby. Valid ID required.

My best guess would be that #1. in that age group could very well be 'Little Al' at Hard Times in L.A.

- Ghost
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost
      My best guess would be that #1. in that age group could very well be 'Little Al' at Hard Times in L.A.

- Ghost

What about Danny D. from Buffalo!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Comment

Originally posted by mr3cushion
        What about Danny D. from Buffalo!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Nope....with all due respect to Danny - he could not win playing Little Al One Pocket.

- Ghost

Comment

Originally posted by #Cruncher
          For all our wise members here, in your opinion who plays the best 1 hole that is at least 70 years old? 75 years old?

I hope I don't ruin anyone's action, but its not like any of these guys are new kids on the block.

In honor of the 50th anniversary of Johnson City, maybe there should be a King of (Over) the Hill Challenge table at the Derby. Valid ID required.
          My good friend John recently turned 70 and shoots as straight as can be. He's not a gambler, but he might be very interested in a challenge/tournament format.
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Ok, here's my picks

Best player in their 60s - Jose Parica or Nick Varner
            Best senior citizen (at least 65) - Buddy Hall or Cardone
            Best player in their 70s - Little Al with John H a close 2nd
            Best player at least 75 - San Jose Dick

Am I way off base?

Comment

I talked about this once about 6-7 years ago with a couple of guys...at that time I believed the best 70 or older One Pocket players were Jaffar 'Patcheye' Basheer and John Henry...maybe Squirrel also.

- Ghost
              Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 12-02-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #Cruncher

I can't see anyone around his age beating beating Little Al, especially at Hard Times in Bellflower. I might give him a tussle on my home court but would be taking a little the worst of it.

His 9 ball game is not too shabby either.
                JOHN HENDERSON
                Al Romero Cue
                Magic Chalk

Comment

Last time I saw PatchEye play was maybe 3 yrs ago. He played JAM up, solid A speed. I heard he had a stroke since then, and I don't know how well he plays now. But he was definitely in his 70's at the time.

Comment

I talked about this once about 7 years ago with a couple of guys...at that time I believed the best 70 or older One Pocket players were Jaffar 'Patcheye' Basheer and John Henry...maybe Squirrel also.

- Ghost
                    I don't know how old John Henry was back in 86-87 but he was the only player that I ever saw run 7 balls on the very tight 5X10 snooker table that was the primary gambling table in that room at that time. This includes(if memory serves correctly) Cornbread, Grady, Jimmy Reid, Miami, Horseface Harry, Cowboy Dennis, Chicken, Natural, Watson & several others.

John played strong.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by iusedtoberich
                      Last time I saw PatchEye play was maybe 3 yrs ago. He played JAM up, solid A speed. I heard he had a stroke since then, and I don't know how well he plays now. But he was definitely in his 70's at the time.

Yeah and I'll add this to agree with you...out of all the strong older players that I've seen play, after they were 70 or older - Patcheye played at the highest speed out of all of them.

- Ghost

Comment

Yeah and I'll add this to agree with you...out of all the strong older players that I've seen play, after they were 70 or older - Patcheye played at the highest speed out of all of them.

- Ghost
                        The three off the best I would pick are Taylor Wimpy Kelly. I think thesse three players could have beaten the 65 and over players. Especialy Taylor and Kelly.

But again thier were a lot off great players. And too pick one would be unfair and imposable. Because on any given day any one off the great player could have beat the other player.

Comment

Marshall Carpenter would definitely be the clear winner in the 80 or over category. I didn't realize that Little Al was that strong. Does he never leave Southern Commufornia?

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc
                            Marshall Carpenter would definitely be the clear winner in the 80 or over category. I didn't realize that Little Al was that strong. Does he never leave Southern Commufornia?

Doc
                            Not very often Doc, but he does come up north for the Chuck Markulis Memorial 9 ball & usually cashes.

He still makes cues in his shop at Hard Times, Bellflower and stays pretty busy.
                            JOHN HENDERSON
                            Al Romero Cue
                            Magic Chalk

Comment

Working...
                            X