What Do You Do Here?

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
The other day, a guy missed his game ball (which was also my game ball) and left it like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ILfn3PJba4qWbeMy_Pocket&ZZ3raUfHis_Pocket&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Balls are *NOT* frozen, but only a 1/2 an inch between them.

How do you defend with this layout? I tried to thin off the top side with lots of spin and CB back up near the head rail, but that still left it as a make-able thin cut (young guy, good eyes).

I just had a thought, literally right this moment as I was previewing my post.

ugh. sometimes I just need to write out the question before I can see the answer.

Is there another option?

Attachments

• lastball1p.jpg
    lastball1p.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Taking a random stab at this, since I need to get me some learnin'..

Couldn't you bank the 9 down to the short rail, taking the CB around to the upper-right part of the table or close to the other short rail?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
stljohnny said:
The other day, a guy missed his game ball (which was also my game ball) and left it like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ILfn3PJba4qWbeMy_Pocket&ZZ3raUfHis_Pocket&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Balls are *NOT* frozen, but only a 1/2 an inch between them.

How do you defend with this layout? I tried to thin off the top side with lots of spin and CB back up near the head rail, but that still left it as a make-able thin cut (young guy, good eyes).

I just had a thought, literally right this moment as I was previewing my post.

ugh. sometimes I just need to write out the question before I can see the answer.

Is there another option?
extending your original thought what about this
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ILfn3PJba3dLfn3dbBQ3dPQd3dOSe3kJba4kKKh4kary2kaRy2kPAa2kPIX2kOrc4qWbeMy_Pocket&ZZ3raUfHis_Pocket&ZZ4uDCO@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Banks said:
Taking a random stab at this, since I need to get me some learnin'..

Couldn't you bank the 9 down to the short rail, taking the CB around to the upper-right part of the table or close to the other short rail?

It's often easier to cut these shots with inside English as it helps with a thinner cut. Your idea is what I like here.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
androd said:
It's often easier to cut these shots with inside English as it helps with a thinner cut. Your idea is what I like here.
Rod.

I was just a little worried that the hit towards the short rail would push the OB towards the pocket. That being said, I was questioning my approach a bit with using left as once in a while it results in too soft of a hit.. the hit with right spin looks much easier to execute with similar results. Thanks.