New rules Idea

John Brumback

Verified Member
androd said:
Skipper, I always spot a ball with the # up as a courtesy. It doesn't matter how they spot it for me.
Ask your opponent what ball he'd like up front, Then put it in the middle of the pack. :D
Rod
PS. You have on one blue and one black sock. I'll bet you have another pair just like them in your sock drawer. :)

Oh man your kidding tell me your kidding.I might have.You wouldn't believe
how colored blind I am..LOL Thanks little buddy,I'll have someone check me out next time.But they'll probably lie.haha John B.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
As a courtesy most times I am playing someone I don't know, it's the one in front with a stripe then a solid. If they put the eight or the six up there when I'm breaking from then on out it's the four, eight, six, seven, two.

u12armresl

Verified Member
I try not to rack very often, my back hurts so bad that racking the balls 10 times is the equivalent of me playing for 3 hours.

When I do rack, I ask if someone would like a particular grouping up front.
Sometimes the answers I get are not nice "MF rack the fN balls I don't give a bleep bleep what balls you put where, etc."

Other times people are very nice and thank me for taking the time to ask them. I even remember Billy saying about using the stripes up front because they see the least action and are the purest balls on the table, so less chance for a roll off, etc.

I break siderail first, so the only thing I'm interested in is that the balls are tight, not if solid of stripe.

But I do agree John something would be nice. As an example on the part where you talk about numbers, if I am shooting a spot shot and the number is facing me, I would prefer that it didn't and it's on the table so now I have to ask if it can be moved to where the number is not showing etc. A rule about ball placement and numbers would be nice.

QUOTE=John Brumback]So It aint gonna work cause everyone does it different.That's why i think there needs to be a rule about this.Everybody's got their own little reasons.

Ok,so what about the number pointing up when you spot the ball?What about that one?
I don't care who makes the rules just so somebody makes some.I want the one well i want the 3 well I want... don't put that 8ball up there..are you pulling a move on me.on and on.See there needs to be a rule.Seems pretty simple to me.And on top of that I'm colored blind.lol Well whatever,just thought I would throw this out and see.I would just like to get rid of everything little thing that some people try to make moves and sharking out of.I guess If we play rack your own,then It won't matter.John B.[/QUOTE]

u12armresl

Verified Member
There are several people who would have problems playing rack your own if they play more than the 2 and out matches. I had someone the other day tell me they hurt just as bad when racking.

sappo said:
I dont know why the tournaments doesnt play rack your own. the non breaking player can inspect the rack and if there is a problem can ask for a rerack. It seems to be such a simple solution.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
When someone wants to rack their own, I say great you can just rack for both of us. It's tiresome for me also. I am not picky about the rack. Just don't turn it completely sideways and I'm good. I don't care if they're loose. I believe you rack tight for your own protection if your opponent's breaking.
Rod. :p :D
PS, I'm probably the only guy that feels this way.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
no.....

no.....

Androd,Im with you.Part of your game is acting like you dont have a care in the world.If their good men it will show.If they try and burn you we just shine em on.Bigger than life,we can fake it till we make it.Like the mining camps in California in 48,49 men left gold dust and all their stuff alll day while they were out digging and the rule was frontier justice.I know I can come up with something as yourself,cheers,B

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Fast Lenny said:
In all games I put the 1 ball in front, I think in one pocket putting the 1 ball in front and 2 dark balls behind it are the best bet so you can see better where you need to hit on the break.

That's really a good rule, especially for us older folks.:) Rack your own is commonly used around here.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
When someone wants to rack their own, I say great you can just rack for both of us. It's tiresome for me also. I am not picky about the rack. Just don't turn it completely sideways and I'm good. I don't care if they're loose. I believe you rack tight for your own protection if your opponent's breaking.
Rod. :p :D
PS, I'm probably the only guy that feels this way.

Played that way all my life too Rod...9B or 1P...It seems the new breed of players want a perfect rack every time, or spend 20 minutes trying to get one. Just put 'em up there, and lemme mash 'em...:cool: ...Loose racks can help you, or hurt you, just like tight ones.