Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little, Little Richard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little, Little Richard

    Here is a clip from when Little Richard was really little.
    Is it any wonder he was an all-time great? http://www.wimp.com/oldschool/

    Beard

    Those of you who werent around in the 50s have no idea how exciting people like Little Richard and Chuck Berry were. I feel for the younger generation that have no such stars to get excited over. Somebody want to compare rappers to
    Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Jerry Lee Lewis?
    New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
    www.bankingwiththebeard.com

  • #2
    And, Buddy Knox.

    Comment


    • #3
      that was great
      you cant teach talent

      Comment


      • #4
        That was amazing. No way to teach that. Some people are just born with the talent. Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it.

        Comment


        • #5
          o
          Great stuff...reminds me of how I played pool ay his age...

          Comment


          • #6
            that's a great site, Freddy... thanks for sharing it.

            It's mind boggling to see what gifted kids can do, when the majority of kids have the attention span of all of 1 minute. That's was very entertaining to watch, it was evident he was enjoying himself.

            Comment


            • #7
              That was really great. I couldn't help but try to draw a lesson from watching this that was transferable to one pocket. Just shoot me. You can tell by the way he 'fingered' the keys that he had been able to find a way to achieve his desired result, the sound he wanted, by original invention or art. It is my belief that all champions posess this virtue the same way Mohamed Ali invented rope-a-dope on the spot as a way to deal with George Forman's overwhelming firepower. There are times when you just have to find a way to win that you didn't previously know.

              On another part of you post, Freddie, I'm an old schooler who didn't like any rap until I heard M&M do "You've Got to Lose Yourself" for the first time. It stirred my heart and my brain in such a way that forever after I listen for his music. Not sure he's as great as Little Richard or Chuck Berry or Paul McCartney but he is exciting and talented and artistic.

              Comment


              • #8
                Like anything...

                Originally posted by petie
                That was really great. I couldn't help but try to draw a lesson from watching this that was transferable to one pocket. Just shoot me. You can tell by the way he 'fingered' the keys that he had been able to find a way to achieve his desired result, the sound he wanted, by original invention or art. It is my belief that all champions posess this virtue the same way Mohamed Ali invented rope-a-dope on the spot as a way to deal with George Forman's overwhelming firepower. There are times when you just have to find a way to win that you didn't previously know.

                On another part of you post, Freddie, I'm an old schooler who didn't like any rap until I heard M&M do "You've Got to Lose Yourself" for the first time. It stirred my heart and my brain in such a way that forever after I listen for his music. Not sure he's as great as Little Richard or Chuck Berry or Paul McCartney but he is exciting and talented and artistic.
                ...there is good and bad. I have to admit that I have heard some rap numbers that I enjoyed, but the percentages for me run about 98% shit and 2% "george."

                Beard
                New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fred bentivegna
                  ...there is good and bad. I have to admit that I have heard some rap numbers that I enjoyed, but the percentages for me run about 98% shit and 2% "george."

                  Beard


                  I like rap more than you I guess Freddy. In fact I would say that I'm up to 3.5 to 4 % george and 96% shit. I remember liking some early things by Tone Loc or somebody because it had a decent melody and hook. I remember liking Tupacs Tell Me How You Want It when girls stripped by it. Eminen (Marshall MAthers) is cool but the ones with just boring lines of goofy rhymes is not good for me. That reminds me of a story. I use to go to Atlanta to a strip club called InterSEXtion or something like that quite a few years ago. The girl I liked most would always dance to David Bowies' Young Americans. I was talking to her and naturally I wanted to know about her music choices. I said something like, you really like that Bowie song girl. The lyrics are weird as hell though right?? Even if the tune is fantastic. She replies-I use it because it lasts a long time and I can earn more and the folks seem to like it ok. She was not a strong music connoisseur but a strong earner

                  By the way thanks for that great site. I did not know the Little Richard playing as a child thing existed. I read his autobiography but It was a long time ago. A real wild man. I don't know how he kept from going down in "flames" Also that site got me stirred up and guess what. I am going to break out my gear and go do some wingsuit flying this afternoon. By the way when we sail down through the crevaces and valleys like that we call it grinding the crack. Please don't try this unless you take precautions and have proper training, but believe me, it's a lot of fun.........
                  "Born Into This"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Windsuit flying?

                    Originally posted by Jimmy B
                    I like rap more than you I guess Freddy. In fact I would say that I'm up to 3.5 to 4 % george and 96% shit. I remember liking some early things by Tone Loc or somebody because it had a decent melody and hook. I remember liking Tupacs Tell Me How You Want It when girls stripped by it. Eminen (Marshall MAthers) is cool but the ones with just boring lines of goofy rhymes is not good for me. That reminds me of a story. I use to go to Atlanta to a strip club called InterSEXtion or something like that quite a few years ago. The girl I liked most would always dance to David Bowies' Young Americans. I was talking to her and naturally I wanted to know about her music choices. I said something like, you really like that Bowie song girl. The lyrics are weird as hell though right?? Even if the tune is fantastic. She replies-I use it because it lasts a long time and I can earn more and the folks seem to like it ok. She was not a strong music connoisseur but a strong earner

                    By the way thanks for that great site. I did not know the Little Richard playing as a child thing existed. I read his autobiography but It was a long time ago. A real wild man. I don't know how he kept from going down in "flames" Also that site got me stirred up and guess what. I am going to break out my gear and go do some wingsuit flying this afternoon. By the way when we sail down through the crevaces and valleys like that we call it grinding the crack. Please don't try this unless you take precautions and have proper training, but believe me, it's a lot of fun.........

                    I dont know what that is, but I can guess. I think.

                    Beard
                    New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                    www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I feel for the younger generation that have no such stars to get excited over. Somebody want to compare rappers to
                      Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Jerry Lee Lewis?[/QUOTE]

                      Question for the day...if Buddy Holly lived would Elvis still be the King?
                      there is a song on youtube that I ran across "your the one" that Buddy and Waylon wrote,thats what I think of when I hear this seems they all had a lot of natural talent. CC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the 98% percent crap, 2% good music ratio applies to almost every genre.

                        Some of my favorite music is the best of rap or heavy metal, but when its bad, its intolerable. I like a fair amount of country music, but the few times I watched the country music channel, it was as bad or worse than MTV.

                        Give me a time machine and I'd still rather go see Jimi Hendrix than all the others from the 50's and 60's. The guys you mentioned Freddie were great, but the jazz artists around then are more interesting to me. Miles Davis, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, etc...now we get freakin' Kenny G.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Did Elvis write any of his music? If not, I really wonder if he belongs in the field.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Have you ever seen Lady GaGa?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by petie
                              Did Elvis write any of his music? If not, I really wonder if he belongs in the field.
                              Well, they didn't call him " King " because he's buried in the yard.
                              Rod.
                              Rod.

                              Rodney Stephens.
                              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X