Efren/shane 2012 dcc #1

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Straight back on the one. With the over cut that is needed the cue goes above the stack near the opposite side.

This is what I said on the first page, it is such a simple shot with almost no negitives. Heck he only need one ball and he gets safe if he misses.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Efren may very well shoot that bank, but I dont like it. All the places that one can go and every ball is pretty much in play. I think that is a big time relative loser from here if you played this position 100 times. In fact, hard to think of a better way to lose... putting the one ball out of play in play. Anyway, if he shoots it he will probably knock it right in :) still the "wrong shot"?? :confused:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Efren may very well shoot that bank, but I dont like it. All the places that one can go and every ball is pretty much in play. I think that is a big time relative loser from here if you played this position 100 times. In fact, hard to think of a better way to lose... putting the one ball out of play in play. Anyway, if he shoots it he will probably knock it right in :) still the "wrong shot"?? :confused:

OMG you must you must have lost your mind. 1st your taking away the play on the 1b. 2nd your placing the QB where others want it to go after thinning the 4b. If you over cut the 1b it hits the 4b it hangs in the hole. Of coarse you can always screw up anything, even a straight hangar:eek:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
OMG you must you must have lost your mind. 1st your taking away the play on the 1b. 2nd your placing the QB where others want it to go after thinning the 4b. If you over cut the 1b it hits the 4b it hangs in the hole. Of coarse you can always screw up anything, even a straight hangar:eek:

The point really is though you can hit that "good" and lose the game easily, in fact, the better you hit it the worse off you may be if it rattles. There are shots you can just throw your stick at the cue and be safe and get a ball out of play.

I see these as prolong the game shots. HE is a little awkward here. Move a ball out of play, make sure you dont leave a game losing shot, and you will have a good shot to move balls your next inning i bet. There simply just arent too many spots he can put you to lock you up, so why take a chance at losing the whole game from here, and not even getting back to the table? Also, I dont like that potential 2 railer on the 15 and leave white in the upper right after shooting your bank. OR what about 1 rail the 15 and go three rails around with whity?? Could even lock you behind the 4 and you lose with that shot (that 4 can do nothing but hurt you -- he can lock you behind it etc, my shot it to move that). Actually, many things i dont like with where you want to leave whity, but if we all liked the same thing this forum would be boring as hell :)

And, by the way, where does the 4 ball go in that situation you say where the 1 goes off it and rattles?

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The point really is though you can hit that "good" and lose the game easily, in fact, the better you hit it the worse off you may be if it rattles. There are shots you can just throw your stick at the cue and be safe and get a ball out of play.

I see these as prolong the game shots. HE is a little awkward here. Move a ball out of play, make sure you dont leave a game losing shot, and you will have a good shot to move balls your next inning i bet. There simply just arent too many spots he can put you to lock you up, so why take a chance at losing the whole game from here, and not even getting back to the table? Also, I dont like that potential 2 railer on the 15 and leave white in the upper right with your shot after shooting your bank. OR what about 1 rail the 15 and go three rails around with whity?? Actually, many things i dont like with where you want to leave whity, but if we all liked the same thing this forum would be boring as hell :)

And, by the way, where does the 4 ball go in that situation you say where the 1 goes off it and rattles?

Thinning the 4 ball is an ok shot, but I've seen too many guys kick off the bottom rail and cross the ball over. Also the one rail kick from the head rail might also work leaving the qb in the jaws. The 2 rail would be my 3rd choice.

If you hit the 4 with the 1 ball the 4 should not move much and now you have two balls right in front of your hole. The two bad possible out comes are if the 1 hits the side point or you draw or follow the qb and not hide behind the HUGE amount of blocker balls.

Just shoot and win the game. A lame bump will cost you the game.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Thinning the 4 ball is an ok shot, but I've seen too many guys kick off the bottom rail and cross the ball over. Also the one rail kick from the head rail might also work leaving the qb in the jaws. The 2 rail would be my 3rd choice.

If you hit the 4 with the 1 ball the 4 should not move much and now you have two balls right in front of your hole. The two bad possible out comes are if the 1 hits the side point or you draw or follow the qb and not hide behind the HUGE amount of blocker balls.

Just shoot and win the game. A lame bump will cost you the game.

You and I see that one ball bank very differently. To get the cb over to where it is in that diagram you have to hit that ball firm/hard, at least thats what i think -- one ball will be moving :cool:

My shot is to bump the 4 into the 1 btw with a little inside and kill whity and leave nothing (as i see it), so you can hate on it all you want, i'd love to hear it, sincerely :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
You and I see that one ball bank very differently. To get the cb over to where it is in that diagram you have to hit that ball firm/hard, at least thats what i think -- one ball will be moving :cool:

My shot is to bump the 4 into the 1 btw with a little inside and kill whity and leave nothing (as i see it), so you can hate on it all you want, i'd love to hear it, sincerely :)

I'm not going to hate on that shot. Its just that I've seen the table turned around so fast on what I thought was a safe shot its made my head spin.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'm not going to hate on that shot. Its just that I've seen the table turned around so fast on what I thought was a safe shot its made my head spin.

Me too :) He can perhaps 2 rail the 4 or 1 on my shot and float downtable. Very interesting situation here though. I wanna get one more outta play, others want to put the 4 closer to their hole, you wanna win the game here -- I guess all have their strengths and weaknesses is the truth, and run the complete gamut from all out bunt safe to full blow attack.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Me too :) He can perhaps 2 rail the 4 or 1 on my shot and float downtable. Very interesting situation here though. I wanna get one more outta play, others want to put the 4 closer to their hole, you wanna win the game here -- I guess all have their strengths and weaknesses is the truth, and run the complete gamut from all out bunt safe to full blow attack.
Very true, that is entertaining all the options that have been discussed. In situations like this one, when the shooter needs one ball to his opponents seven or eight, imo the mindset should be to choose a shot not to lose with
as opposed to a shot to win with. That holds even truer when you're playing a top player. Always remember that spectacular is often not as good as solidness. Ain't that right Artie??;)

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Very true, that is entertaining all the options that have been discussed. In situations like this one, when the shooter needs one ball to his opponents seven or eight, imo the mindset should be to choose a shot not to lose with
as opposed to a shot to win with. That holds even truer when you're playing a top player. Always remember that spectacular is often not as good as solidness. Ain't that right Artie??;)

Dr. Bill

Its mostly about the odds. The odds losing shooting the 1 ball is only slightly higher than the other shots. Winning shooting the 1 ball is probably 10 times higher than losing. Take your pick. Win or lose, its all in your hands.

backplaying

Verified Member
I don't see how you can bank the 1 back and get your cueball back across the table. What about it John or Beard?