New upcoming Beard book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
    Am I to take that as a NO ?..Thats all my fans have, is memorabilia and memories..
    WE can only hope! soooo

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
    http://mr3cushion.com

Comment

Am I to take that as a NO ?..Thats all my fans have, is memorabilia and memories..
      Let me reiterate. As a courtesy to the forum people and your multitude (sic) of fans, I would include your contribution if:

"Since you and I have no shared experiences, whatever Bio appears -- under "S," will have to be self-provided by you -- or somebody else."

Doesn't anybody wuv you enough to chronicle you? Fast Lenny? If Fast Lenny does it, tell him to leave Frankie the dog out of it. Since she is a doxie, the dog can have her own spot.

Beard
      New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
      www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
        Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post

WE can only hope! soooo

Bill Smith "Mr Pincushion"

As usual, all of my posts in this thread, have sailed right over his feeble head !
        Last edited by SJDinPHX; 10-27-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

As usual, all of my posts in this thread, have sailed right over his feeble head !
          [ATTACH]6835[/ATTACH]
          Members of the SS, get first consideration, nothing for youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. BTW,What is your memorabilia, a signed and dated empty YJ bottle!

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
            should be a great read freddy
            i forgot to add
            put me on the list to get a copy

Comment

Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post

P.S. BTW,What is your memorabilia, a signed and dated empty YJ bottle!
              It might be...But I'll tell you what it WON'T be, it won't be a memo pad, from the Executive West, signed by Scott Frost saying ....
              "Thanks Dick, for teaching me how to to play one pocket"... (a thinly veiled comparison only. )

I don't know why I bother..I'm sure this also, will 'sail right over your head'..AGAIN !...

Comment

I been waiting for volume 3!!!

Please put me on the list of the peeps in pooldom eagerly awaiting your latest expose'!
                Do you have any stories planned on Gary Spaeth or Larry Lisciotti?
                Jesus said- I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Ardeno View Post
                  Please put me on the list of the peeps in pooldom eagerly awaiting your latest expose'!
                  Do you have any stories planned on Gary Spaeth or Larry Lisciotti?
                  A couple of mentions for sure.

beard

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                    Here is a little snippet of my upcoming book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers. The hustlers will be cataloged alphabetically.

Bobby Riggs/Billy Jean King
                    Did he toss that match?
                    I got it from a near-unimpeachable source that the Bobby Riggs/Billy Jean King, celebrated Tennis match was a dump. I got it from a guy that used to keep Bobby Riggs broke; I won't give his name even though he's dead. His nickname was, "The Fat Man." He was a champion golf hustler. He was not the pool player/hustler, Minnesota Fats.
                    In the 60s, the lifetime proposition- hustler and con man, Bobby Riggs, had an interest in an unrelated business venture in Ft Lauderdale back then. I was hanging out at the Miscue Lounge in Ft. Lauderdale with pool and golf hustlers, and other assorted thieves that knew and associated with Bobby. That group included the Fat Man.
                    The Fat Man said Lamar Hunt paid Bobby off to toss the match. Lamar was the backer of the Women’s Tennis Association which took off like a rocket after Bobby lost. If anyone recalls, after Bobby beat Margaret Court the first female champion he played, there was absolutely no buzz about it, but when he lost to Billy Jean, it got world-wide attention, and women's tennis came to life. Before that match, the women were playing for a hot dog and a coke. I wouldn’t have snitched that off, as it is an absolute violation of the “Hustler’s Code,” except many years have gone by and most of the constituents are dead.

Beard

The book is months away from publication. Periodically I will drop a few more morsels to 1pkt.org.
                    I had similar feeling about Sigel playing Lori Jon Jones for the Trudeau Dough. I thought Sigel should of played Allison Fisher and lost. At that time he would of had his hands full anyway. It could also have been a Game Changer for pool simliar to the Color of Money, and the Hustler.
                    Bill Meacham
                    WBT
                    www.worldbilliardtour.com
                    no link....

Comment

... Marvin played so badly, and Pancho had to miss so many balls in order to lose, and the match looked so bad; it is nothing short of a miracle that Pancho got out of there with his life. One of Specter's bodyguards was a very bad, ex-mob guy from New York who had spent plenty of time in pool rooms. Beard
                      That may have been a guy named George. Can't think of his last name. If it's the guy I knew of, we used to see him down at Mr. Pockets on 6th St. in L.A. He both chauffeured and bodyguarded Specter. He was a scary looking SOB, but wasn't too nasty to people he liked. He used a 36 ounce cue! Yet he had a light touch with it, and said he even used it for snooker!

Doc

Comment

Unless you plan on putting the golf hustling stories in your book, which I will of course buy like the first two, can you post a few more stories of the golf hustlers you knew?

For those who like gambling stories, read the section in Rick Reilly's "Who's Your Caddy?" book about how high they bet in Vegas. One story talks about a poker player bringing 400k in cash and waving it to his opponents saying "You ready to bet this much?". He later says " That always putts a tremble in their stroke"

Titanic Thompson was also a fantastic golfer for the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                          That may have been a guy named George. Can't think of his last name. If it's the guy I knew of, we used to see him down at Mr. Pockets on 6th St. in L.A. He both chauffeured and bodyguarded Specter. He was a scary looking SOB, but wasn't too nasty to people he liked. He used a 36 ounce cue! Yet he had a light touch with it, and said he even used it for snooker!

Doc
                          That has to be the guy. He played a little and staked a little at Ye Billiard Den.

Beard

Comment

Originally posted by BUD GREEN View Post
                            Unless you plan on putting the golf hustling stories in your book, which I will of course buy like the first two, can you post a few more stories of the golf hustlers you knew?

For those who like gambling stories, read the section in Rick Reilly's "Who's Your Caddy?" book about how high they bet in Vegas. One story talks about a poker player bringing 400k in cash and waving it to his opponents saying "You ready to bet this much?". He later says " That always putts a tremble in their stroke"

Titanic Thompson was also a fantastic golfer for the dough.
                            Sorry Bud, I dont have many golf stories. Those golf hustlers that hung out at the Miscue Lounge in Lauderdale, along with the Fat Man, made their headquarters at the Plantation Golf Course. They used to like to travel with Sugar Shack and me when we were out hustling the bars. They loved to see people getting beat so much that they would pay for all the drinks and expenses, and didnt want any cut of the money Sugar and I would win.

Beard

Comment

Sorry Bud, I dont have many golf stories. Those golf hustlers that hung out at the Miscue Lounge in Lauderdale, along with the Fat Man, made their headquarters at the Plantation Golf Course. They used to like to travel with Sugar Shack and me when we were out hustling the bars. They loved to see people getting beat so much that they would pay for all the drinks and expenses, and didnt want any cut of the money Sugar and I would win.

Beard
                              During your time down there, did anyone sneak up on ya? FL had some interesting characters back in the Jr Golf/Tampa and Congress days near Opalaka?
                              Bill Meacham
                              WBT
                              www.worldbilliardtour.com
                              no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                                During your time down there, did anyone sneak up on ya? FL had some interesting characters back in the Jr Golf/Tampa and Congress days near Opalaka?
                                I was not easy to trap. I usually played everybody anyway. Those that I didnt know and was suspicious about I made them play bank pool, so it didnt much matter who they were. I knew all the guys that could beat me playing banks.

The only guy who almost trapped me was Jack Cooney. At the Congress Bowl, h
                                He laid it down great and I was definitely going to go for it. Unfortunately for him he went to the bathroom and a stinkin' sweater snitched him off. Even tho he saved me I still cursed the knocker out.

Beard

Comment

Working...
                                X