The Players Have Arrived @ The Southern Classic

poolroom88

Hi Folks,

Many Of The Players Have Arrived To Get Ready For The Southern Classic Being Held At The Pool Room Sports Bar & Grille In Duluth (atlanta), Ga. On October 17th Through The 23rd.

The Following People Have Arrived: Buddy Hall, Grady Mathews, Tang Hoa, Mark Gregory, Ronnie Wiseman, Jose Parica, Cory Duel, Troy Frank, John Schmidt, Biloxi Mike, Cliff Joyner, And Many Others. There Was Action Last Night Between Cliff & Cory In One Pocket. Many Spectators And Players Were Treated To A Rare Match Up Between The Two.

I'll Keep Y'all Posted.

John

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
poolroom88 said:
Hi Folks,

Many Of The Players Have Arrived To Get Ready For The Southern Classic Being Held At The Pool Room Sports Bar & Grille In Duluth (atlanta), Ga. On October 17th Through The 23rd.

The Following People Have Arrived: Buddy Hall, Grady Mathews, Tang Hoa, Mark Gregory, Ronnie Wiseman, Jose Parica, Cory Duel, Troy Frank, John Schmidt, Biloxi Mike, Cliff Joyner, And Many Others. There Was Action Last Night Between Cliff & Cory In One Pocket. Many Spectators And Players Were Treated To A Rare Match Up Between The Two.

I'll Keep Y'all Posted.

John

Please do. I for one would love to hear about the Cliff vs Cory battle.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
47 players in the One Pocket

47 players in the One Pocket

Among them,
Danny Harriman
Ike Runnels (he's been getting around quite a bit lately!)
Grady Mathews
Cliff Joyner
Corey Deuel
John Schmidt
Shawn Putnam
Larry Nevel
Ronnie Wiseman (supposedly matched up with Mike Surber there)
Mike Davis
Shannon Daulton
Buddy Hall
Wade Crane
John Macias
Jerry Slivka
Tang Hoa
and many more I don't have time to type right now!

FoxyCoxy

Verified Member
From
Seneca, SC
Details Details Details

Details Details Details

John, Come on John more details on the matches and match ups. I am dying, not being able to be there. This darn job is cutting in to my fun time. If you have time ( I know you must be extremely busy) please post as much info as you can about whats transpiring. Thanks a lot, See you all Wednesday night STEVE.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I got word from Diane at The Pool Room 2 that the One Pocket is nearly down to the final 4 on the winner's side:
Larry Nevel
Jerry Slivka
Shawn Putnam
and the winner of the ongoing Brian Butler/Danny Harriman match

Still alive with one loss at this time includes:
Cliff Joyner
Chris Bartram playing Little John Macias
John Pinegar
Horace 'Groundhog' Godwin

They have a 10-ball ring game kicking off tonight, they had four names so far, looking for a total of six:
Cliff Joyner
Chris Bartram
Mark Gregory
Shannon Daulton

Reports are Tony Watson has rolled into town, too. Sounds like a great time; wish I was there!!

poolroom88

The Southern Classic

The Southern Classic

Hi Folks,

We Are So Busy Trying To Run A Smooth Tournament; Therefore, Our Time Is Very Limited.

Here It Goes: Brian Butler And Danny Harriman's Match Took 4 Hours To Complete. It Was A Battle Of Great Defense, Butler Came Through After Harriman's Missed A Makable Shot. Butler Won 3-2

Larry Nevel Bested Shannon Daulton 3-2 With 3 Wins In A Row.

Cliff Joyner Was Sent To The Left Side Of The Board By Jerry Slivka 3-1.

More To Come In A Little While.

John

poolroom88

Down To 6 @ The Southern Classic

Down To 6 @ The Southern Classic

Hi Folks,

We Are Down To 6 Men, 4 In The L Bracket & 2 In The W Bracket.

Shawn Putnam Will Face Jerry Slivka For The Hot Seat @ 1:00 Pm Wednesday Afternoon. Cliff Joyner Vs. Brian Butler And Chris Bartram Vs. Larry Nevel Will Face Each Other @ 11:00 Am On Wednesday For A Chance To Be In The Final.

John

diane

Verified Member
From
Gautier, Mississippi
Action, Action, Action...

Action, Action, Action...

When I left around 3am this morning, Tony Watson was matched up with John Hennessey on our one triple-shimmed Diamond table. It made me sick the way those two made it look so easy to play on. Truly, you'd have thought they were playing a bar table at times and believe me, this is one tough table. Mark and Tina Gregory installed all of our tables, so you know they're done right cause they are THE BEST AROUND; even Buddy Hall said he won't use anyone else for his!
I don't know the outcome of the match, but will keep you all posted.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I hear Larry Nevel defeated Shawn Putnam in the extended race to 5 finals for the One Pocket crown.

They also have something like 55 players in the 8-ball event which just got under way. Sounds like a real nice turnout for both events so far, with 9-ball still to follow.