Palmer /reyes #27

jalapus logan

Verified Member
thanks for this youtube video so the guys can watch it real time
the magician doing his magic
btw ghost it seems danny d liked your shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_yuUgEpEyg

This is a very interesting shot. Thanks for sharing. I experimented with a similar shot as this. The difference is that I shot it directly into the opposing point instead of hitting the short rail first and then into the point. The results were favorable for this shot as well. 80% of the time just hitting the point head on I was able to get good results, controlling the cue in a similar fashion as Efren here and leaving the object ball very close to my pocket or in the jaws. It never occurred to me that the point could be such a powerful tool. Again, thanks for bringing this up.

El Chapo

Verified Member
if that one stripe was not there i would be kicking the 4 two rails and going uptable.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Efren may have done one of his 'Efren shots' here...but as for players other than Efren...

Some think I'm a mover and not a shooter - don't believe it - and I'm shooting at my hole here..;)...well actually, I'm shooting and moving-at the same time - the best of both worlds..:heh...a shot that hasn't been mentioned - and it's the nuts, and laying perfect, the pink a very accommadating amount off the rail...

I'm loading up with left english, however much is needed from that angle, and kicking two rails into the pink - and very likely making it in my pocket - I love it when this shot comes up - I've shot it a million times...

It's a simple shot to shoot, and you can easily make the pink, run balls and maybe run out...and if you don't make the pink, it should end up in front of your pocket with the cueball snookering him behind the stack, as per the angle that the cueball comes off the second rail and then cutting the 4 ball...

- Ghost

PS, As previously mentioned, going off the pink and into the stack is an ok shot, but even with the shot hit perfectly, you don't gain much...your opponent is not in any trap - all he will do is take an intentional, banking off the side rail, and leave you on the bottom rail - or he may be able to thin a ball to get you to the bottom rail and not even have to take an intentional...

So, trust the Ghost here :) the kick is a much stronger choice, (as long as you have at least halfway decent kicking skills) with it's excellent chance of a huge payoff.

I like this shot the best....those older Diamond tit shots seem waay more realistic, than on the older cut GC's.

t-dog

Verified Member
Looks like the angle for your shot could be there. The cue ball maybe positioned slightly higher than I would like for shooting this shot, however, it can still be pulled off. There's also the possibility of shooting the shot and playing the 4ball into the 15 or 12ball. Just about the same hit except with this shot you hit more of the right side of the 4ball sending the cue ball safely away from the 4ball toward the side pocket. If you choose this shot you must make sure you hit the point or you could possibly get a kiss with the 4ball.

Dr. Bill

Its not as close to the opponents pocket but I learned, from a post of yours, about kicking the pink to your hole two rails, and going into the stack with the cue. Jeff Carter told me to learn to kick that like its straight in. :)