shannon /efren #???

beatle

Verified Member
i dont like leaving the cue ball on the bottom rail with balls laying all around there. to easy for him to do something you will regret. thats why i like rods shot where you get a chance to make a ball and clean them out if you are still going to be down low.

against most players i would skim off the second ball and come back up table. against a great player you have to make better shots when you have a chance at improving the score as they get out too easily.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
shannon cut the 1 in and almost scratched...:eek:
so do you think this was a good shot??
lust askin....:rolleyes: ...

WOW! Shannon's cut took nerves of steel and an eagle eye. Grady's gauge on that shot is that if you can see the first diamond from the side pocket outside the cut angle, then the shot can be made without scratching. This one looks borderline; and even so could have very easily messed up.

Still, it was a great shot, but the unusual corner hook was an unfortunate outcome. Otherwise Shannon could have double banked the 2 to his hole (up and back), to put Efren in "check". If Efren then tried something heroic, it could have been "checkmate.";)

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Even though I shoot this shot well and have the gimmick of how to shoot it (or I should say I used to know it well), I think it was a poor decision in this spot when he had so many other options. Larry, when you come up to Chicago I'll give you the stuff Gene Skinner gave to me 40 years ago as to how to best shoot this shot. I was never any sort of famous long-shot maker, but I could make this shot under extreme conditions.

Beard

thanks freddy
i really appreciate that
larry
:)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I have seen this match, I think. I think it should be noted in the thread that Shannon won this match, I feel, precisely because he was shooting at, and making, everything. Shooting at everything is an exageration, but you can see from his selection here was wanted to pocket balls in the match, and did just that. It does suit his style. If they get into a cb moving battle, who do you think is going to win that. I think there is a lot to be said about playing to your strengths relative to who you are playing.