Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
    Great post Spidey,

I for one, truely appreciate your sense of humor, regarding what has become a very awkward subject on this forum !..I wish I had been able to come across as well as you did !.. My attempts at humor, were often very hurtful towards Fred, and one thing led to another, and pretty soon it became a contest, to see which one could fire the most personal insults, at the other !... It did not make it any easier, when others joined in, (on either side) and fanned the flames, as happened quite often !

I really don't blame Fred, for reacting the way he did !..I would like to apologize to him, for many of the things I said, regarding his level of play, and his recall of his many experiences !..It was a bitter defense mechanism, and many times I wish I could have bitten my tongue, and STFU !

I would hope the feeling is mutual, and we could make an effort to start over again with a clean slate !..If that is something he will never be comfortable with, I will understand..But, I see no need to continue this senseless sniping, and bitterness between us, much less extend it over to AZB, where they LOVE flame wars !..I am in hopes we can find a way to forgive and forget !..I know I can !

SJD

SJD
    Well done, Dick.

Comment

Dick,

That is one of your best apologies so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SJDinPHX View Post
        Great post Spidey,

I for one, truely appreciate your sense of humor, regarding what has become a very awkward subject on this forum !..I wish I had been able to come across as well as you did !.. My attempts at humor, were often very hurtful towards Fred, and one thing led to another, and pretty soon it became a contest, to see which one could fire the most personal insults, at the other !... It did not make it any easier, when others joined in, (on either side) and fanned the flames, as happened quite often !

I really don't blame Fred, for reacting the way he did !..I would like to apologize to him, for many of the things I said, regarding his level of play, and his recall of his many experiences !..It was a bitter defense mechanism, and many times I wish I could have bitten my tongue, and STFU !

I would hope the feeling is mutual, and we could make an effort to start over again with a clean slate !..If that is something he will never be comfortable with, I will understand..But, I see no need to continue this senseless sniping, and bitterness between us, much less extend it over to AZB, where they LOVE flame wars !..I am in hopes we can find a way to forgive and forget !..I know I can !

SJD
        First of all both you and Freddy are true legends, I think Freddy will except your apology and forgive and forget the whole thing between you guys. Freddy remember things get said in heated arguments that can be forgiven because they are said without thinking it through and most of the time you wished you didn't say it. I hope you guys do regret the whole thing and forgive each other. Life is too short to hold grudges. SJD did make an honest offer to heal things between you guys which to me he is sorry it ever happened.I hope you feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by BillPorter View Post
          Dick, I plan on being in Arizona next March to visit a couple of people, including Alfie Taylor. I first saw you play back in the 1960s at Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas. You and Billy Stroud were my "pool heroes" at that time. I'd love to stop by and say hello if you will be there next March.
          Hi Bill,...I think Stroud will be in town then, and the four of us can get together and tap a keg !..Also, a ton of top notch
          restaurants here, as usual !

Very much looking forward to it !

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Don Smith View Post
            Dick,

That is one of your best apologies so far.
            Truer words were never spoken.

Beard
            New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
            www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
              First of all both you and Freddy are true legends, I think Freddy will except your apology and forgive and forget the whole thing between you guys. Freddy remember things get said in heated arguments that can be forgiven because they are said without thinking it through and most of the time you wished you didn't say it. I hope you guys do regret the whole thing and forgive each other. Life is too short to hold grudges. SJD did make an honest offer to heal things between you guys which to me he is sorry it ever happened.I hope you feel the same way.
              isreal: fuk it, 1972 is cool by us.....

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                Truer words were never spoken.

Beard

it would bee nice to see a cease fire.....

Comment

come on

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                  it would bee nice to see a cease fire.....
                  why does anyone even care??????

Comment

ditto

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                    why does anyone even care??????
                    ditto ditto

Comment

HaHaHa...It's like I never left! Still the same ol'e same ol'e Hope everyone's doing well ... miss all you grouches!
                      XOXO

Comment

Originally posted by Fanatic View Post
                        HaHaHa...It's like I never left! Still the same ol'e same ol'e Hope everyone's doing well ... miss all you grouches!
                        XOXO
                        Finally, a post I can pay attn to from the lovely "Peaches"( Fanny). Where ya bin, doll?

Beard

Comment

Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                          Finally, a post I can pay attn to from the lovely "Peaches"( Fanny). Where ya bin, doll?

Beard

Hey Beard...How are you...hope alls good!!!....I hear you have a new book out babe lots of luck!...LOL..I on the other hand am never really home anymore (working & playing) and it's tough to browse with the phone but I do lurk every so often ,,,I do miss it here though...the fighting is priceless! I'll keep in touch!
                          XOXO

Comment

Originally posted by Fanatic View Post
                            Hey Beard...How are you...hope alls good!!!....I hear you have a new book out babe lots of luck!...LOL..I on the other hand am never really home anymore (working & playing) and it's tough to browse with the phone but I do lurk every so often ,,,I do miss it here though...the fighting is priceless! I'll keep in touch!
                            XOXO
                            You have a friend that procured my book for you. It is on the way. Good luck with it.

Beard

Comment

Working...
                            X