Let Tony go free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Tony go free

Does anyone know when Tony is supposed to get out?

If you're referring to Tony Chohan, according to an insider (who happens to be a lovely lady), Tony got 7 years. He's done about 2-1/2, so he likely has about 4 left. It would be nice if he got out early for good behavior.

Sure hope he straightens out his life, and that he also can regain his championship level pool game.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by petie View Post
      Does anyone know when Tony is supposed to get out?
      It says here in 2016:

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSear...d=A619088&pg=x

Comment

Seriously.

1.) Do they have pool tables in school?
        2.) Has any pool player ever been able to play like they once did after they get out of school?

Ken

Comment

For years there was a pocket billiard curriculum at Michigan State.

Comment

Federal Prison time is shortened by parole, if applicable, only after 75% of the term is served.

7 years starting in Jan 2010, 75% of 7 years is 5yrs 3 months. so Tony is looking at April 2015.

We will have a party.
            Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Federal? at the Ohio pen?

Comment

Chohan

I don't think that's a federal case. It looks like in Ohio they can knock up to 8% off by being in the designated programs, etc. I'm not sure what they say he did, other specific things about the crime he was convicted of or pled to can impact how much of the sentence he has to do.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2967.193

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_4fun View Post
                  Seriously.

2.) Has any pool player ever been able to play like they once did after they get out of school?

Ken
                  Rodney Morris
                  Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                  (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by RedCard View Post
                    I don't think that's a federal case. It looks like in Ohio they can knock up to 8% off by being in the designated programs, etc. I'm not sure what they say he did, other specific things about the crime he was convicted of or pled to can impact how much of the sentence he has to do.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2967.193
                    I think it was possession or delivery with intent to distribute....cocaine. This lead my late great partner Side Spin Jim Dougherty to say, "Never be you own mule."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_4fun View Post
                      Seriously.

Ken
                      Androd already mentioned Rodney Morris. Other players who may have played at a higher level after a stay at the Gray Bar Hotel would be Dennis Hatch, and possibly Clem Metz and Sonny Springer (neither of whom I witnessed -- no pun intended, lol). But I talked to Sonny about that. With a lot of time on their hands in the house, pool players often comment that they spent a lot of time running racks and "practicing" in their minds, and studies have shown that practice like that can actually be very effective! I gave that advice to a pretty good local player to try during his six month stay and it seemed to work for him too. Don't be at all surprised if Tony comes out shooting great -- whether there is a table in the house or not!!
                      "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

To follow-up

More information about "mental practice"

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...sical-practice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_imagery

http://www.d.umn.edu/~dmillsla/cours.../chapter18.pdf
                        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Years ago I asked a really good player to help me with my game. It was 9-ball back then. He said, "It starts with your mind." Sage words.

Comment

Sentences

Originally posted by petie View Post
                            I think it was possession or delivery with intent to distribute....cocaine. This lead my late great partner Side Spin Jim Dougherty to say, "Never be you own mule."
                            The Ohio cocaine sentences, as probably in most states, depend heavily on the amount and previous criminal history of the defendant. There are mandatory minimum sentences for some coke charges in Ohio. I hope Chohan is getting the proper advice to pare all he can off his sentence, if that is possible at this point. Maybe if he's been an exemplary inmate he can be moved to a less restrictive facility, one with a pool table or at the very least a Tonk area, to finish his sentence.

The 'never be your own mule' rule should be observed. If you get caught with it, it's yours. You'll look around, secure in the knowledge the prosecutors have determined you could personally never afford what you were caught with, and wonder where everybody went. All your good friends and financiers have scattered. You now own it, even though you didn't have a dime invested and it sits in a property room waiting to be schleped into a courtroom.

Comment

What's the over under he goes back in? I doubt this was his first time, just his first time caught...

Comment

Working...
                              X