2011 DCC - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 3 -"The Match"

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Finally!!! A match that was developed here and talked about for months, is finally being shown for all of the faithful here, that did not get to go to the Derby. I remember last year, we were supposed to get to see Artie and John, as it was being taped, but I never saw any of that.:(

Anyways this is a 50 min chunk of the matchup between jrhendy against berniep and One Pocket Ghost. It was a race to 6, for 1k a team. It never got finished though.

This is not a highlight reel of each player, it's just 50 mins of raw video, so keep that in mind. There were good shots made and there were bad shots made.... it's just like... "cough".... a real pool game:D

I took the liberty of injecting a few comments in, to make it more fun to watch, as there wasn't much ribbing going on in the piece I taped. Surely the comments will be taken in good fun and no one will get their feelings hurt:D

Hope you enjoy it, fellow onepocket.org members. For everyone that followed the thread where it all started..... http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4194 , it's nice to be able to see some of the actual event as it unfolded.

DeeMan also provided some updates live as it happened in this thread.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4784

Once again, don't forget to hit the full screen icon just to the left of the Vimeo logo at the bottom right of this video below. It's in High Definition, so it should come out pretty clear full screen.
vimeofullscreen.jpg

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=19967179&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="506" width="900">

[ame="http://vimeo.com/19967179"]"The Match" (Berniep, jrhendy and One Pocket Ghost)[/ame] from Greg on Vimeo.
This is a 50 min chunk of a match that developed on onepocket.org, to take place at the Derby. It all started in this thread. http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4194 It was a Race to 6, jrhendy being his own partner against berniep and One Pocket Ghost for $1k per team. Unfortunately, the match was never finished due to time conflicts and sickness.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
Finally!!! A match that was developed here and talked about for months, is finally being shown for all of the faithful here, that did not get to go to the Derby. I remember last year, we were supposed to get to see Artie and John, as it was being taped, but I never saw any of that.

Anyways this is a 50 min chunk of the matchup between jrhendy against berniep and One Pocket Ghost. It was a race to 6, for 1k a team. It never got finished though.

This is not a highlight reel of each player, it's just 50 mins of raw video, so keep that in mind. There were good shots made and there were bad shots made.... it's just like... "cough".... a real pool game:D

I took the liberty of injecting a few comments in, to make it more fun to watch, as there wasn't much ribbing going on in the piece I taped. Surely the comments will be taken in good fun and no one will get their feelings hurt:D

Hope you enjoy it, fellow onepocket.org members. For everyone that followed the thread where it all started..... http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4194 , it's nice to be able to see some of the actual event as it unfolded.

DeeMan also provided some updates live as it happened in this thread.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4784

Once again, don't forget to hit the full screen icon just to the left of the Vimeo logo at the bottom right of this video below. It's in High Definition, so it should come out pretty clear full screen.
View attachment 2474

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=19967179&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="506" width="900">

"The Match" (Berniep, jrhendy and One Pocket Ghost) from Greg on Vimeo.
This is a 50 min chunk of a match that developed on onepocket.org, to take place at the Derby. It all started in this thread. http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4194 It was a Race to 6, jrhendy being his own partner against berniep and One Pocket Ghost for $1k per team. Unfortunately, the match was never finished due to time conflicts and sickness.

After watching this clip, I must apologize to the Ghost, for not believing he was a hell of an athelete in his youth.

I have NEVER seen anyone jump higher, from a crouched position, in my entire life...and he does it every shot too...I will never doubt your athletic prowess again Ghosty...Simply amazing..:eek: :p :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
After watching this clip, I must apologize to the Ghost, for not believing he was a hell of an athelete in his youth.

I have NEVER seen anyone jump higher, from a crouched position, in my entire life...and he does it every shot too...I will never doubt your athletic prowess again Ghosty...Simply amazing..

Papie, Papie, Papie, you're so predictable - I was expecting a dis from you right quick on this thread..:)..

First of all let me thank you for complimenting me on my athletic ability...

Now then........You're right Papie, I totally agree - sad isn't it, how bad the Ghost's pool-playing physical fundamental's are...to go along with his bad vision..:(....that said...

...Playing with those disadvantages, it's pretty amazing that over the last several years, the only times that Goasty ever played Danny Harriman, David Matlock, Billy Palmer, and Ike Runnels in One Pocket tournaments, playing even - the Ghost won..:eek:...and the only times that Goasty played Cliff Joiner (twice), Bugs, Rafael Martinez, Richie Richeson, Santos Sambajon, Jeremy Jones, and Shannon Daulton in One Pocket tournaments, playing even - the Ghost lost hill-hill...

...Just think Papie, how good the Ghost could play if he only had good fundamentals..:)...

You know Papie, sure is a good thing then, that the Ghost moves like a ghost - and then some...:cool:

XXOO, Goasty

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ghost i havent watched more than alittle so far (plan to watch the whole thing when i have the time)
but you did kick at a ball that was on the short rail near his pocket towards your pocket with good results(dont know if you used inside english:D )
but it shows that you do shoot for money the shots you advocate:)
shows you beleive in them

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Well after watching all of this, my conclusion is this must be a very tough table.:p
I'll never again need to be scolded about my shot choices, as these guys are just hackers like myself (only slower).:D
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Well after watching all of this, my conclusion is this must be a very tough table.:p
I'll never again need to be scolded about my shot choices, as these guys are just hackers like myself (only slower).:D
Rod.

Please don't tell me you can jump as high as the Ghost...You are way too old for that Rod..:D :D :p

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Papie, Papie, Papie, you're so predictable - I was expecting a dis from you right quick on this thread..:)..

...Just think Papie, how good the Ghost could play if he only had good fundamentals..:)...

XXOO, Goasty

Goasty, Goasty, Goasty...Please check the 4:02, the 7:00, and the 9:20 spots on Gregs excellent video. In fact, at the 9:20 point, he injected a comment, which I thought was quite appro po....(note to self, do not stand to the Ghosts right)

I would only extend that to say...Do not stand anywhere near the Ghost, during the entire shot sequence..I've seen eyes gouged out by cue sticks...not a pretty sight. Also, I must ask..Have you ever injured yourslf on overhead lights ?..

PS..Nice 'beat list' though...As Vapros would say, "I'm compressed"....Also, may I have your phonograph, and an 8X10 glossy ?..:p

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
androd said:
Rod.

I immediately went into the stall when I saw the camera rolling. How do you think they tied up the score to 3/3?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
Well after watching all of this, my conclusion is this must be a very tough table.
Rod.

Rod....we were all stalling...:cool:

SJDinPHX said:
Goasty,

PS..Nice 'beat list...As Vapros would say, "I'm compressed"....Also, may I have your phonograph, and an 8X10 glossy ?.

Thanks Papie - that's nice of you to say..:)....it's not a bad list for a working stiff guy who only ever played pool part-time..:)..and yes, I will autograph an 8/10 pic and send it to you - I'm flattered that you want one - I imagine that you will frame it and hang it on the wall next to your pool table in your 'man-cave'....:D

- Ghosty

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
jrhendy said:
I immediately went into the stall when I saw the camera rolling. How do you think they tied up the score to 3/3?
Best move I saw, was you shooting at their pocket. You were real quick on your feet, letting them know that it was a "move" on your part:D

I'm sure some guys have actually incorporated that into their "move arsenal" It would take a lot of skill to pull that off with it's intended benefits.

first you have to get the person to bite on it, and be sure no one from the rail ruins it for you

then you have to decide the optimum number of balls that they can shoot in before you alert them that "Hey, Wait... Hey that's MY pocket...... What are you doing? I wasnt' even watching and then I looked up and you're shooting at my pocket" Wow... Sorry man!:D

then you have to be able to smooth talk them into you getting to keep some of all the the balls they sunk for you and then smooth it all over so the game goes on and they quickly forget about it.

To help them forget about that little "mishap", you need to come up with some other "distraction" to make them forget all about the "wrong ball incident" Once you've done that, you can call it all a sucess!:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
Yes and you were really good at it. as my old friend used to say " Yep he looks'um over."
Rod.

That's funny Rod!!! I can picture some guy getting slowly getting more and more steamed because his opponent looks at the shot from 20 different angles, gets down to shoot, gets up, walks around a few more times, points at the balls, crouches, looks from above, looks from below, chalks his stick 24 different times and finally shoots. The guy that has steam coming out of both ears walks over to the old man and proceeds to let out all of his frustration.

The old man lets him vent, pauses and then says "Yep............. he looks 'em over"
:D:D:D I can just picture that scenario in my mind

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
:D
jrhendy said:
The game was so easy for JR that the plan was too stall until they caught up, then double the bet. They knew they were in a losing position so they found multiple reasons not to continue. At least half should be paid to JR from those refusing to finish. I have a Pay Pal account.................:D

Deeman

Verified Member
Speaking for the rail, we were stalling as well! :)

It was a good match to watch and it was a shame it could not continue but having received said crud from the Ghost, I can tell you there would be a different "stall" involved had they played later! :)

DeeMan

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Deeman said:
Speaking for the rail, we were stalling as well! :)

It was a good match to watch and it was a shame it could not continue but having received said crud from the Ghost, I can tell you there would be a different "stall" involved had they played later! :)

DeeMan

I'm betting he'd move faster going into that stall.:D :p
Rod.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Scrzbill said:
The game was so easy for JR that the plan was to stall until they caught up, then double the bet. They knew they were in a losing position so they found multiple reasons not to continue. At least half should be paid to JR from those refusing to finish. I have a Pay Pal account.................:D

Just in case y'all are wondering who this delusional, blatantly John Henderson-biased :rolleyes: new onepocket.org member Scrzbill is...

He's John's buddy, who came with him and was his roommate at the DCC...;)

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost likes him though (and not just because he bought two shirts from me ;)) - he's a funny guy who'll fit in perfect with the rest of us degenerates here - and, he's got good taste in ice cream...:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
One Pocket Ghost said:
Just in case y'all are wondering who this delusional, blatantly John Henderson-biased :rolleyes: new onepocket.org member Scrzbill is...

He's John's buddy, who came with him and was his roommate at the DCC...;)

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost likes him though (and not just because he bought two shirts from me ;)) - he's a funny guy who'll fit in perfect with the rest of us degenerates here - and, he's got good taste in ice cream...:)[/QUOTE

Well I have to admit I have a financial interest also. My ice cream habit is very expensive. If you're trying to get me to take that 11/7 and the smacks, you'll have to say much nicer things. The shirt fits great, even with chocolate ice cream stains.

Don Smith

Verified Member
unwatchable for me

unwatchable for me

The video freezes more than it plays. Help.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Don Smith said:
The video freezes more than it plays. Help.

are you on dial-up?:) You don't have a phone line plugged into a modem on your pc, do ya?

Maybe you're having some issues from your Internet provider to vimeo... but the videos have had over 2,000 views over the last month or so and I've heard of only one person that had issues.

Maybe just give it a try later on or tomorrow. Hopefully you're problem will clear up. A reboot of your pc can sometimes do wonders too.

Don Smith

Verified Member
froze up 5 times 8 ball shot

froze up 5 times 8 ball shot

I have AT&T broadband, not the slowest one either. Is anyone viewing without problems here?