Last Ball

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wgcp said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aafg4PbFk@[/CUETABLE]

I think if I can leave them here, I have the best position, my pocket is the one with the one ball past the side it is my opponents shot

ONe ball hanging in the side pocket cue ball froze too the botom rail a quater off a ball from the corner pocket. Your shot and you have the bottom pocket on the same side off the one ball.

Or the cue ball in the same position and the one ball froze on the point on the upper side off the side pocket. The cue ball froze too the object ball and the object ball just a hair off the rail. Wright by your opponents pocket.

Obejt ball deep in the corner pocket same side were the one ball is. And cue ball froze on the bootom rail on the opposite side off the table. Thier are a lot more thier are many moore.

Object ball froze by your opponents pocket. a quater dimond away. And the cue ball same position as the object ball on the other end off the table.

The object ball and the cue ball on opposite ends off the table were thier is a kiss if you try to shot the ball accross the table too youre side.

Cue ball froze on the end rail a cue ball distance away from the corner pocket. And the object ball by youre opponents pocket on the same side off the table. A cue ball distance away from the pocket.

THier are lots off these positions. Her is what I recomend learn them . And figure out how to get out off those positions without giving up the game.

And the real answer is dot let your opponent put you in those positions. THat is the key answer not how do you get oput off a trap when you are locket up.

But what do you do so your opponent cant but you in those positions thats the key. But you also need to learn howe to get out off those siyuations . And what is the best shot too get out off those spots.

Its not easy you have to learn and figure out what too do. You only get one chance in a game. So youre one mistake can codt you the whole match. Or the whole feeze out.

So you better learn what to do and whats the best shot in that position. And dont give youre opponent shots to put you in those positions.

And thier are mant positions too put your opponent in. And shooting the wrong shot. Will make it easier for youre opponent too put you thier.

The more shots you get that its hard too get out off will help your opponent get a shot too win the game.

NO what you are doing is the name off the game. If you dont no then learn it. Or play your same way the rest off youre life. And dont learn.

Everything in life is a learning experience. And if you dont learn it you will keep going for the same thing. Just like loosing if you dont change the game and you keep playing the same game. You will keep loosing. Unless you improve or make a better game.

If you keep loosing thier is a reason. Its not a axcedent. THe reason most people keep loosing is because they have the worst off the game. And you can change that by improving youre game. Or getting a bigger spot.

THats how you should be thinking. HAve a great day.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
If we play again, we could play one ball one pocket. It might cost me some $$, but I would learn.:) :)

WE can do that iF I can have some one who shots like you shoot the shots for me. I no you wont go for Billy shooting them.

Who would you recomend that shoots like you that would be fair. Howe about Chriss Gentele.

I no he shoots better then you I think. And I will give you 6 to 5 on the money.

Since I think he shoots better then you. But I no you bank better then him. So I think its very close.

And if you no somebody that shoots youre speed that I no let me no and if its close I will go for it. That sounds like a fair gamble. I dont no howe the goast shoots.

But You probable shoot better then him. And If you shoot better then him I will take 6 to 5 and bet on the Goast.

You no the speed off the players better then me. Because you no them and have seen them plsy. And thats in your favor.

But what about the partner game that you didnt like. You want too play Billy and me and give us 6 to 5 on the money.

PLaying partners with a none shooter and a player with a bad back. I dont even no if he can play anymore.

But these are some bets I will offer you. And as bad as I shoot I will play you one ball one pocket and take 6 to 5 on the money. Thats better then me having to make 8 balls.

Let me no what you think about all these games. Eventuly something will come up that we both like . And that will be the game.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
Here is one example -- player with pocket B to shoot -- this is a tough spot for pocket B to not leave something.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AVUj3PPAj3Qchu4Rcpw@[/CUETABLE]

Steve, I played a guy named Lee Dinwidde for a number of years. He made this shot or got it close so many times I was careful to not leave it for him.:D
Rod.
PS, He made most banks or got them close.:p

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AVEh3PPAg3Qchu4Rcpw2UVEh2UVtu2UcPu4UalP3kPAg2kTxf2kTxc2kSbn4kbvE4kEGm3kbtw1kHYe@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wgcp said:
Yeah and I am too stupid to know how to post on the wei talble...

I think the safest place is the cue ball on the third diamond from his hole, and the object ball just past the point of the side pocket on my side...

I was just wondering if anyone else looked for that type of leave?

Bille

P.S. Packing my stuff today... ya hoo...

Bille, That's a very tough spot. Great idea. Been there, shot that, bought the tee shirt.:D
Rod.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Steve, I played a guy named Lee Dinwidde for a number of years. He made this shot or got it close so many times I was careful to not leave it for him.:D
Rod.
PS, He made most banks or got them close.:p

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AVEh3PPAg3Qchu4Rcpw2UVEh2UVtu2UcPu4UalP3kPAg2kTxf2kTxc2kSbn4kbvE4kEGm3kbtw1kHYe@[/CUETABLE]

If you but the cue ball straighter with the object ball it will even be harder.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I think I understand what Bille is asking

There are thousands of different scenarios

there are literally millions of possibilities.

Hope this makes sense to you.
Yeah, I'm sure that cleared it up for him:rolleyes: .

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
WE can do that iF I can have some one who shots like you shoot the shots for me. I no you wont go for Billy shooting them.

Who would you recomend that shoots like you that would be fair. Howe about Chriss Gentele.

I no he shoots better then you I think. And I will give you 6 to 5 on the money.

Since I think he shoots better then you. But I no you bank better then him. So I think its very close.

And if you no somebody that shoots youre speed that I no let me no and if its close I will go for it. That sounds like a fair gamble. I dont no howe the goast shoots.

But You probable shoot better then him. And If you shoot better then him I will take 6 to 5 and bet on the Goast.

You no the speed off the players better then me. Because you no them and have seen them plsy. And thats in your favor.

But what about the partner game that you didnt like. You want too play Billy and me and give us 6 to 5 on the money.

PLaying partners with a none shooter and a player with a bad back. I dont even no if he can play anymore.

But these are some bets I will offer you. And as bad as I shoot I will play you one ball one pocket and take 6 to 5 on the money. Thats better then me having to make 8 balls.

Let me no what you think about all these games. Eventuly something will come up that we both like . And that will be the game.

Chris could probably give me 9/7 and I might not like that.

The whole idea was for me to learn what to shoot with one ball on the table by watching you play. I might go for 6/5 on the $$ just to learn.

I might pocket balls better than you but you are quite a bit smarter about matching up.

I hope Billy's back gets better soon so he can play and we can have a little fun.

I will be in Las Vegas on May 10th for the One Pocket Tournament. See you then.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
Chris could probably give me 9/7 and I might not like that.

The whole idea was for me to learn what to shoot with one ball on the table by watching you play. I might go for 6/5 on the $$ just to learn.

I might pocket balls better than you but you are quite a bit smarter about matching up.

I hope Billy's back gets better soon so he can play and we can have a little fun.

I will be in Las Vegas on May 10th for the One Pocket Tournament. See you then.

I think your handycap is close with Chris and Even the one ball game. game with me.

I think yure still a little more favorite but I would play it. And he would have to have a starting point were the two balss will be when we start.

And If you would be interested. I might play you even a race to 7 or 5 ahead on my gold crown table. its a number 4 with 4 and a half inch pockets. Enesto can tell you exacly about the table. because he recovers it.

And If you want to play I will but a new cloth on the table and we can play in ptivate and nobody will bother us.

And we dont have too worry about having too change tables because off the tournement. Enesto knowes the table and it was brand new when I bought it. And its levele. And Its just a Idea .

And if you think home court is too much then we wont play. I havant played anybody.

THey only time I have been in a pool room was when Ronnie called me to come by pool sharks and he was going to play dippy they both play one handed bamks.

And big Toney was going to back Ronnie. And when I got thier tony and Ronnie were thier but no Dippy

And when Dippy came in two houers latter. Ronie was all heated up already from waiting for him too come too the pool room.

And when Dippy came in ronnie said you ready to play and Sippy told him yes. And then Dippy told Ronnie that he was going to play Ronnie Banks Ronnie shoots one handed and Dippy shoots two handed.

And Ronnie started screaming at Dippy and said the game was banks they both shoot one handed. And Ronnie keepte on yelling at Dippy and chased Dippy out off the pool room.

And THey were suppose to play they both shoot one handed banks. And Ronnie got Tony out off the hospital too back him. And Tony has been very ill. And I think thasts what set Ronnie off.

ANd thier was no game and I left and went back home. And Ronnie left too. But I was looking Forward watching Ronnie play one handed because I never seen him play one handed. And he was a champion at one time.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Sjd

Sjd

Actually the post does make sense about a million possiblilities... I am right back to where I started with the more I know about the game the less I know about the game... all I can work on now is execution of the shots I can make, and the moves I can see...

Artie, thanks for the ideas, as with flying helicopters, once I see it, do it, I can recall and execute... wish I wouldn't have given up pool in the army for so many years...

I no longer have a personal computer over here, so posting will be few and far between for a week...

Doc, see you at skeeters in a couple of days not this Sat but probably the next...

This still is the best pool forum out there, even with the flamers now and then... really trying to get to Vegas... Don't know right now if it is possible, relatives coming from Germany that want to see me that weekend...

Bille

onepocketchump

Verified Member
wgcp said:
Actually the post does make sense about a million possiblilities... I am right back to where I started with the more I know about the game the less I know about the game... all I can work on now is execution of the shots I can make, and the moves I can see...

Artie, thanks for the ideas, as with flying helicopters, once I see it, do it, I can recall and execute... wish I wouldn't have given up pool in the army for so many years...

I no longer have a personal computer over here, so posting will be few and far between for a week...

Doc, see you at skeeters in a couple of days not this Sat but probably the next...

This still is the best pool forum out there, even with the flamers now and then... really trying to get to Vegas... Don't know right now if it is possible, relatives coming from Germany that want to see me that weekend...

Bille

That's why this game is fascinating. I took Steve's shot for example and figured out how to hit it so that it goes in the direction of my pocket 100% of the time, is not a sell out 70% of the time and is a sell out 30% of the time.

Every time you think you have a foolproof safety the opponent comes with something completely strange that you didn't see.

I played Buddy Hall and on that day I was playing some of the best one pocket of my life, really trying hard not to sell out. Several times I put him in traps that would have paid off with lesser players. Buddy would hit the cue ball so softly that you would think it wouldn't even get to the rail, but not only would it get to the rail it would continue all the way to my pocket and snuggle up BEHIND the ball sitting a ball's width from my pocket. For example:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2APQC3FVMG2PPIT2kPIT1kbub3kSrl3kVlVzc3qWFBI_left_Buddy_behind_the_one.__He_feathers_the_one_and_floats_the_cue_ball_behind_the_six.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
ONe ball hanging in the side pocket cue ball froze too the botom rail a quater off a ball from the corner pocket. Your shot and you have the bottom pocket on the same side off the one ball.

Or the cue ball in the same position and the one ball froze on the point on the upper side off the side pocket. The cue ball froze too the object ball and the object ball just a hair off the rail. Wright by your opponents pocket.

Obejt ball deep in the corner pocket same side were the one ball is. And cue ball froze on the bootom rail on the opposite side off the table. Thier are a lot more thier are many moore.

Object ball froze by your opponents pocket. a quater dimond away. And the cue ball same position as the object ball on the other end off the table.

The object ball and the cue ball on opposite ends off the table were thier is a kiss if you try to shot the ball accross the table too youre side.

Cue ball froze on the end rail a cue ball distance away from the corner pocket. And the object ball by youre opponents pocket on the same side off the table. A cue ball distance away from the pocket.

THier are lots off these positions. Her is what I recomend learn them . And figure out how to get out off those positions without giving up the game.

And the real answer is dot let your opponent put you in those positions. THat is the key answer not how do you get oput off a trap when you are locket up.

But what do you do so your opponent cant but you in those positions thats the key. But you also need to learn howe to get out off those siyuations . And what is the best shot too get out off those spots.

Its not easy you have to learn and figure out what too do. You only get one chance in a game. So youre one mistake can codt you the whole match. Or the whole feeze out.

So you better learn what to do and whats the best shot in that position. And dont give youre opponent shots to put you in those positions.

And thier are mant positions too put your opponent in. And shooting the wrong shot. Will make it easier for youre opponent too put you thier.

The more shots you get that its hard too get out off will help your opponent get a shot too win the game.

NO what you are doing is the name off the game. If you dont no then learn it. Or play your same way the rest off youre life. And dont learn.

Everything in life is a learning experience. And if you dont learn it you will keep going for the same thing. Just like loosing if you dont change the game and you keep playing the same game. You will keep loosing. Unless you improve or make a better game.

If you keep loosing thier is a reason. Its not a axcedent. THe reason most people keep loosing is because they have the worst off the game. And you can change that by improving youre game. Or getting a bigger spot.

THats how you should be thinking. HAve a great day.
I thought I would try to diagram a couple of these. It is pocket A's shot. Artie, or somebody, correct me if I am wrong. For this diagram, I'm not sure which pocket the cue ball is supposed to be near.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AbtI2PVUk3Qchs4RdGs2qQtFONe_ball_hanging_in_the_side_pocket_cue_ball_froze_too_the_botom_rail_a_quater_off_a_ball_from_the_corner_pocket._Your_shot_and_you_have_the_bottom_pocket_on_the_same_side_off_the_one_ball.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Here's my attempt to set up another one from Artie's description -- again, correct me if I haven't got it set up right. Again, you have pocket A and it is your shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbYp1PThk3Qchs4RdGs2qQtFThe_object_ball_and_the_cue_ball_on_opposite_ends_off_the_table_were_thier_is_a_kiss_if_you_try_to_shot_the_ball_accross_the_table_too_youre_side._&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Here's another of Artie's, if I have it right. Again, player A to shoot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4Abit1Pbqm3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFObject_ball_froze_by_your_opponents_pocket._a_quater_dimond_away._And_the_cue_ball_same_position_as_the_object_ball_on_the_other_end_off_the_table.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Here's another of Artie's -- pretty similar to what I set up earlier, except the balls are more parallel. Player A to shoot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AVMl1PVMj3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFCue_ball_froze_on_the_end_rail_a_cue_ball_distance_away_from_the_corner_pocket._And_the_object_ball_by_youre_opponents_pocket_on_the_same_side_off_the_table._A_cue_ball_distance_away_from_the_pocket._&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This one, I really was not sure which corners Artie wanted the 1-ball and the cue ball in. The difficulty might depend on how deep the pocket shelf is, too -- sometimes the shelves are too deep to go rail first if the ball is really tucked in the corner of the shelf. Player A to shoot??

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AcId4PVll3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFObejt_ball_deep_in_the_corner_pocket_same_side_were_the_one_ball_is._And_cue_ball_froze_on_the_bootom_rail_on_the_opposite_side_off_the_table.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
This one, I really was not sure which corners Artie wanted the 1-ball and the cue ball in. The difficulty might depend on how deep the pocket shelf is, too -- sometimes the shelves are too deep to go rail first if the ball is really tucked in the corner of the shelf. Player A to shoot??

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AcId4PVll3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFObejt_ball_deep_in_the_corner_pocket_same_side_were_the_one_ball_is._And_cue_ball_froze_on_the_bootom_rail_on_the_opposite_side_off_the_table.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

THats good enough I though I should mention it its not that big off deal. But when the ball is deep in the well. Its harder and better for the leace if you leave the object ball in the center off the pocket.

Compaired to one side or the other. I just thought I would bring it up incase nobody ever said it. It will thier nowe.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
My guess on Arties Secret.

Lining up the balls. On a pocket line, perfectly Horizontal, or Vertical.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
My guess on Arties Secret.

Lining up the balls. On a pocket line, perfectly Horizontal, or Vertical.

No but thats not a bad Idea. I cant give it out now. Because John is giving me 6 to 5 on the money. Playing with the last ball.

And I rely dont like the game but I might play it because its good action. And I will play John in my house if he wants too play off the tie. And its like a new gold crown and I will put new cloth on the table .

John can shoot and practice on the table if he doesnt like it he doesnt have too play. But I think he will love the table.

And I think John might even be ready for the partner game with me and Billy.
he knowes Bills game has to go down after the back operation. They big Qouistion will be will Billy even be able too play?

But I will let Billy and John aswer for themselves. And I have not talket to eather person. But Let me no one way or another. And Everyone gets free time drinks and food.

And You can even lay down and resy if youre tiered and. John and me can play our game. Wright after the parner game. Or play one off the games or none.

And we can waite tell we are a hundred years old and nobody will be able too make a ball. And their is lots off room around the pool table.

And if you have a better over or another game fine. you will always be a clasy man with me.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
No but thats not a bad Idea. I cant give it out now. Because John is giving me 6 to 5 on the money. Playing with the last ball.

And I rely dont like the game but I might play it because its good action. And I will play John in my house if he wants too play off the tie. And its like a new gold crown and I will put new cloth on the table .

John can shoot and practice on the table if he doesnt like it he doesnt have too play. But I think he will love the table.

And I think John might even be ready for the partner game with me and Billy.
he knowes Bills game has to go down after the back operation. They big Qouistion will be will Billy even be able too play?

But I will let Billy and John aswer for themselves. And I have not talket to eather person. But Let me no one way or another. And Everyone gets free time drinks and food.

And You can even lay down and resy if youre tiered and. John and me can play our game. Wright after the parner game. Or play one off the games or none.

And we can waite tell we are a hundred years old and nobody will be able too make a ball. And their is lots off room around the pool table.

And if you have a better over or another game fine. you will always be a clasy man with me.

I know you used to play one handed, and according to Freddy, never lost. I have played some one handed one ball one pocket and maybe we can play that too and I get 6/5 on the $$. That will be two games we have and maybe three IF we play a partners game.

I am going to play in the one pocket tournament at the Riviera and will be in town for a few extra days, so we will work out something.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I thought I would try to diagram a couple of these. It is pocket A's shot. Artie, or somebody, correct me if I am wrong. For this diagram, I'm not sure which pocket the cue ball is supposed to be near.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AbtI2PVUk3Qchs4RdGs2qQtFONe_ball_hanging_in_the_side_pocket_cue_ball_froze_too_the_botom_rail_a_quater_off_a_ball_from_the_corner_pocket._Your_shot_and_you_have_the_bottom_pocket_on_the_same_side_off_the_one_ball.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Great shot if you can leave it like that. However the way I see it is that with one ball on the table it's unlikely that the previous ball positions would ever be in a position to try to leave this for the incoming player without a bigger risk of selling out a lag to the pocket.