Whatta ya think SJ Dick?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
gulfportdoc said:
I agree with your points about Buddy. He was the greatest 9-baller of all time, and in his later career he became a top one-pocket player.

But as Dick referenced, by 1988 Ronnie Allen's peak years were 10 years behind him. DiLiberto wouldn't have stood a chance with RA at one-pocket in RA's prime. That the '88 match was close is a testament to RA's decline. Not that he played badly in that match. It's just that he played only at the same level as the other top players of the day.

Doc
BUT HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(didnt he??)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
BUT HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(didnt he??)

JUst for the records and all this made up crap. Forget about the yournement matches. THe game the rules and anyone can win. THe only way too see how good people realy play the have to play some real contest.

Not some silly tournemnt were everyone shoots at everything. And play shotr sessions.

Two player have too play 5 or 8 times different days maybe 4 days to a week apart. 5 games ahead or races too 11 games. PLaying for big money. And both players have too be in thier prime.

If both players are not in thier prime it does not mean anything. It would be like Ronnie playing Scott now.

Thier is nothing to talk about. Put both players playing thier top game no you have something too go by. And that would show who the best player is. If the play 5 or 8 times 5 ahead or a race too 11 games. And were they play.

Or else its only talk that doesnt mean anything. And people always pick the players they no. Even if the other player is a better player. If they never seen him play or herd off him.

Its a aoutomatick the player they no gets picket. And the same with the public. A tournement player is well known and if people dont no the other player . He will never get picket. AS being the better player.

THe besy people too ask are the great players that seen both players play. But you cant listen too people who dont no the other player and never seen him play. IT is completly wron and incorrect.

And on top off that the young generation pick the young players off today. And the old generation will pick the players from years ago. And 40 years from now that generation will pick the players from that time and generation.

No body can realy say who was the best uless the can realy prove it. You can prove who the smardest is by ewo people wrighting sown what they no.

ANd evaluate and compair what both people wrote and you will see who knowes more and who has the better answers. BUt as far as the best player.

It is imposable to prove and the two generations played different players with different rules. And the rules and condiyiond change thewhole game and the avarages and statisticks.

And a lot off people go by records. But donr realize howe much the rules and conditions changed the game.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
cuesmith said:
Just barely! It came down to the last ball of the case game!

I Favor Buddy Hall Buddy Hall And Harold Worst were my two favorite players.

But To be fair This is my opinion And I am qualified were a loy off people give opinions and dont no the player and never even seen them shoot.

But too make correct statements people have too be qualified in makeing them. And umless you realy no the game you cant make those statements .

Becauesethey are only a guess and most players people pick is because the favor them. Or like them not because they are qualifiesd. And thats in all sporte.

The 3 players I would pick in nine ball Are Buddy Hall Eferen Whimpy those are my three players. And on any giving day Anyone off them could win.

And thier are other players wright thier with them. But those are the 3 greatest nine ball players I would pick.

And if these players would play in thier prime most off the money would be bet on Eferen. And I am being as honest as I can.

And in one pocket Theu Would pick Taylor Bugs Ronnie Eferen and I will leave me out Because all these players were way better known then me. And a lot off people go by statistics and tournements and howe many times they ran ou.

Howe many people they beat and thier win percentage. PLaying 5 ahead I would have beaten them all. But 3 out off 5 any one off these players could have won on any given day.

Most off the money would have been bet on Bugs Ronnie and Eferine and then Taylor and I would have gotten big odds. On the money. And I would have won most off the money.

Because I could have gotten 3 to 1 or more on all these players Excepte Bugs.

And that eould have been close but I would have been the favorite. Because the people that new us and seen us play. New what happenend when Bugs and me played.

And we plaued each other more for money then any two great players in life.
Not in any tousnement put gambling. And Bugs was the most feared player in the country.

But nobody can realy say who was the best all players playing in thier prime.

And people keep makeing statementswithout haveing seen everyone play. And yhay does no qualifiey them too say that. If you havant seen all the players play in thier prime nobody can make a correct state by saying yhis guy or that guy was the best.

It is imposable to make that statement. And on top off that you realy have to no and understand the game. And why would one player beat thee other player.

ITs all guessing and again people will pick thier favorite player and the person they have seen play. Thats what people go by. Or seen the player play in a lot off tournements.

And they get picket because off thier exposure and get advertised and show thier faces on DVDS and TV And Magaziens. And the become known.

If Ronnie and Efern never went too a tournemeny or never played in a tournement. And Efern would have never left the phillapiens who would have knowen him.

But the players who played him. And Back 45 0r 50 years in was bad too showe your face at a tournemeny. Why would you want people too no who you are if you are looking too beat them.

The more you stayed away from tournemets and places were people would get too no you the worse it was.

Not too many pool players made it hustling pool back then. Thier were less good hustlers then great players. And almost all the great players had a job.

Or a Buisness why is that. Because they couldnt make a living playing pool.

Even Willie Mosconie if it was not for brunswick he would have had too get a job.

And today stop the yournements 80% or more off the players would quite playing pool. And go too work.

People think its glorifying going all over the country playing all the champions. Sounds very good and showes a lot off heart.

What does it showe when you go broke and are hungry and no money too pay the rent. And nobody wins all the time. Everybody looses.

What do you do then look for another backer or quite playing and get a job.

Because everybody gets beat at one time or another. And after doing this for ten tears and youre game goes down and you have no money.

What do you do then Eat off the glory off the people you beat. Nobody cares who you beat. And if you dont have enough money too by food.

You better become a good bite man or a good talker iinto getting someone too pick up youre check. Because a broke champion isnt worth two cets.

And howe many players went on the road and beat all the champions and ended up with a good bank role. I dont no off one.

And most off those champions are Ego Maniacks and they just play weather they can win or loose. Because thier getting backet. And even if the loose they can bite something back.

And not too many great players that went on they road were too smart too start with. Why would you play the best player. When you can play the man with all the money.

Its so stupite its hard too belive. But All these players got thier recagnitions from playing in the tournemets. Or they would have never been known.

And going on the road too play the best players is a joke because they are the people who are broke.If you have common sense.

Why would you want too play the best player thats broke?? For Ego or Glory. Why would you want too play a brock period??

But Like I Have said people dont think. And to say who is the best you have too no the game and be Qualified. And seen both players play each other in thier prime.

Or its all a guess and their cannot be a correct answer. BUt a persons opinion because he likes the player or has seen him play.

And thats who he wants too be the best player in his mind and wants other people to think and convice them the same way they are thinking.

But its not true and it is not realistic. And the truth and the correct answer can never be correct. Because its only certain peopls opinions and if the players didnt play in thier prime.

THen it never even happened. So give all the players thier dues they played hard and desirve the credit for thier accomplishments.

And everyone thinks thier player is the best. Just like millions off people think thier team is the best team.

To make a correct choice you have too be qualified by knoweing the game and seen both players playing each other in thier prime. And that can never happen. Unless its only one or teo players.

People pick thier favoriye player because the no them or grew up around themn. Or seen him play and were imprest by howe he played. And this same thing about who was or id the best player will go on FOREVER.

Ahsy would be good and interesting showe some off all these players best game. And but together a Dvd with the greatest games in life. Or the most uniblievibale outs ever.

Or the modt perfect one pocket game ever played thier are a million things you can do. You have the correct techknowlage too get this all done.

Show the greatest momonts and greayes and most exciting gsmes ever in life. I have given you some good Ideas you can figure out the rest.