Scott Frost Technique

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
in a match against alex i was surprised to see scott shoot with the bridge like this
i was taught your plam should be down
lenny or anyone that sees scott play regularly is this his technique when shooting with the bridge????
do you all agree this is not the conventional hand position??
scott.jpg

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
in a match against alex i was surprised to see scott shoot with the bridge like this
i was taught your plam should be down
lenny or anyone that sees scott play regularly is this his technique when shooting with the bridge????
do you all agree this is not the conventional hand position??
View attachment 2562

Well I agree. I have never seen a top player hold the bridge like that.
Yes most good players hold It with fingers on top and palm down. That's not
textbook to say the least.lol John B.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Scott makes fun of me because of my terrible hand bridge but when he uses the mechanical bridge it is pretty funny to watch. A good deal of times I will see him switch to right handed instead of the bridge, he is actually right handed for those who did not know and plays lefty.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Scott makes fun of me because of my terrible hand bridge but when he uses the mechanical bridge it is pretty funny to watch. A good deal of times I will see him switch to right handed instead of the bridge, he is actually right handed for those who did not know and plays lefty.

I did not know that Lenny. Tell him If you would, that looks goofy as hell.LOL
He better learn to use his wrong hand than to shoot with the bridge like that.
lmao John B PS: and he used to have hair! hahahaha

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
textbook to say the least.lol John B.[/QUOTE

Thats howe I hold the bridge and the cue. Most player spire the shot. This is how we hold the cue stick in our hand. I dont no were that speririg tecneck came from..

THe way Scott is doing it is more natural and its easier too aim. THen looking over your hand. And the way he shoots it is youre naturale way you hold the cue.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
textbook to say the least.lol John B.[/QUOTE

Thats howe I hold the bridge and the cue. Most player spire the shot. This is how we hold the cue stick in our hand. I dont no were that speririg tecneck came from..

THe way Scott is doing it is more natural and its easier too aim. THen looking over your hand. And the way he shoots it is youre naturale way you hold the cue.

I have to disagree with you Artie.The way Scott Is holding It,Is not the correct way to do It.It Is very wrong. Your friend,John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I have to disagree with you Artie.The way Scott Is holding It,Is not the correct way to do It.It Is very wrong. Your friend,John B.[/QUOTE

What makes it wrong and what is wrong about it?
And explain what you do and what makes youre wat correct.

And if Scotts way is not correct then your way must be correct.

These kind off replies need too be explained.So I can see what you are talking about and why you think its not the correcy way.

This is the way answers need too be explained. When thier are opposite opinions.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I have to disagree with you Artie.The way Scott Is holding It,Is not the correct way to do It.It Is very wrong. Your friend,John B.[/QUOTE

What makes it wrong and what is wrong about it?
And explain what you do and what makes youre wat correct.

And if Scotts way is not correct then your way must be correct.

These kind off replies need too be explained.So I can see what you are talking about and why you think its not the correcy way.

This is the way answers need too be explained. When thier are opposite opinions.

Well Artie..I can't draw It out on here but any good pool book shows the right way to shoot with a bridge. Did you ever go frog gigging when you were a kid? The bridge stick should never touch the palm of your hand. You were right while ago. You really do (spear) the shot.You have to shoot It with your fingers not your palm. No good player "except Scott Frost" would try or should try to shoot with his normal grip. I'll bet you don't use the bridge like Scott does.And I'v never seen you hit a ball. What are you going to do..Scoop It? LOL John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fast Lenny said:
he is actually right handed for those who did not know and plays lefty.
thats interesting
rafael nadal numder one in the world in tennis at the moment
also plays lefty but is a righty

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
thats interesting
rafael nadal numder one in the world in tennis at the moment
also plays lefty but is a righty

And Phil Mickelson the golfer.JB

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
I also plays lefty, but is right handed. Only use my left hand in pool.

When I use the bridge, I have to use my right hand, can't use my left hand. I almost never use it though, cause I have been practicing a lot playing right-handed vs left-handed.

When I use the jumpcue, I can use both right-hand and left-hand, so a little free advice if we ever play 9-ball. Don't try to push to a place where a left-handed guy can't jump, cause I'll just switch hand ;)

PS: Mike Sigel and Roberto Gomez also plays with their "wrong" hand, and switch when they use the bridge

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Roy Steffensen said:
I also plays lefty, but is right handed. Only use my left hand in pool.

When I use the bridge, I have to use my right hand, can't use my left hand. I almost never use it though, cause I have been practicing a lot playing right-handed vs left-handed.

When I use the jumpcue, I can use both right-hand and left-hand, so a little free advice if we ever play 9-ball. Don't try to push to a place where a left-handed guy can't jump, cause I'll just switch hand ;)

PS: Mike Sigel and Roberto Gomez also plays with their "wrong" hand, and switch when they use the bridge
would you comment on how you hold the cue when you use the bridge??
and on a percentage basis how many top players hold it like scott??

John Brumback

Verified Member
My brother golfs left handed,but Is right handed. Only thing I do left handed
Is shoot a gun.That's because my master eye Is my left. I'v always wondered why some people start out with the wrong hand at something. Makes no since to me really. Thanks for the free advice ole Roy.hehehe John B.

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
lll said:

I've never seen anyone hold it like Scott, being a pro or an amateur :D

I don't know how to explain the way I hold it, I guess I do it the way it should be, using just my thumb and the finger next to the thumb to hold the cue when shooting with the bridge. (Don't know what that finger is called in your language:))

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
Did a quick search on google, and it appears that Hohmann, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan all hold the bridge like this.

Hohmann in action.

Attachments

• hohmann bridge.png
    hohmann bridge.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:

Check out the snookers players.If you get the chance, they look like they were born with a bridge In their hand. In my opinion they are the best when It comes to using the crutch! John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Roy Steffensen said:
Did a quick search on google, and it appears that Hohmann, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan all hold the bridge like this.

Hohmann in action.
thats the way its taught in the books
sorry artie i cant tell you why:(

John Brumback

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:

Hohmann in action.

Yep! that right there Is how to shoot with a bridge. Good job Roy.You done good.John B.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
John Brumback said:
My brother golfs left handed,but Is right handed. Only thing I do left handed
Is shoot a gun.That's because my master eye Is my left. I'v always wondered why some people start out with the wrong hand at something. Makes no since to me really. Thanks for the free advice ole Roy.hehehe John B.

Some people are changed after birth. In times gone by most were changed.

My dad was righty but shot a rifle, a sling shot, and used an ax lefty.
His mom told me they changed all babies in the 20's and 30's and so on till late in the 20th century.

I have 3 kids that are leftys. my youngest had an older kindergarten teacher who wanted to change him. :eek: I had to go to the principal to stop her. ;)

I know many rightys who play left handed. They all used the bridge either handed, but prefer right handed.
Rod.