Beat Lists

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
O.K., O.K., I know I've been guilty of posting about how I won or lost to the "Quad"(he is a multi-billionaire) and I think I posted lately about playing a friend for the pizza, beer, pop, time and cheap Detroit hookers but I don't think I ever posted any thread about beating anybody for $20 a game. That said I'll also say this: the first time I played Red we bet $15 a game(in 78-79). I was a scared 20 or 21 year old kid going up against the worlds greatest poolplaying gambler in history. I didn't know anything at all about 6 or no-count or Red so I bet cheap. I also don't think I ever posted about beating anybody who couldn't play. I think we need to establish some ground rules concerning "beat lists" for the future.

1. If you weren't betting at least $50 a game it's not even close to serious and don't mean shit to me. Who in their right mind cares what any two players did for hoo-ha? If you were betting $50 a game and you were a top or very good player, it barely means shit to me but you're getting close.

Example:
bstroud said:
It was at Beanies' room in DC. Freddy went to get money 3 times. We were playing for 20.00 a game and he owed me for the last game. He is the only player to ever pay me what he owed me. THATS' real character.

Not to pick a fight with you Bill but if he owed you $200 for the last game and paid it at a later date then I would consider that to be character. If he paid $20, so what. If I was playing a guy for $20 a game and I had in my pocket what I usually had in my pocket, and he went to get more money, I would have been gone before he got back the first time, but that's just me. I have no patience with broke-dick poolplayers, which most of them are.

2. Anyone who has Cletus from the Capitol Club(Rack) as a one-pocket victim, playing even, needs to have their head examined, unless, as I've stated previously, there was a second Cletus from the Rack that I am unaware of. Or possibly the Cletus that I did know from the Rack used to play top-speed pool and then he suffered a tragic accident and played like a cripple after that. The only Cletus from the Capitol Club that I ever knew couldn't sink a ball in the Pacific Ocean if he was flying over it in a slow-moving hot-air ballon. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Players weaker than me gave him 8-3 & the break AND his fouls don't count(I saw it), so if you beat him playing even, who cares???

Freddy the Beard said:
Chicago Paul Jones — one pocket and straight pool
Chris Gentile – one pocket and banks
Chris MacDonald — one pocket
Chubby Chino, Chicago Chino — 8 ball
Chuey Rivera — 8 ball
Cletus (Capitol Billiards, Detroit ) — one pocket
Cliff Spotmaster Joyner — one pocket and banks
Clyde Childress — banks

3. If you beat the best one-pocket players that God ever set upon this earth for $100 a game or more, on your own nickel, playing even, well now we're getting somewhere:) . Brag about that and I'll read it all day. But if you were getting staked, please don't mention it. If you were betting under $100 a game, please don't mention it. I don't care and it doesn't mean anything at all to me.

4. If any living player challenges his place on your "beat list" then you should be forthright and respond to his challenge or you should remove him from your "beat list". After all, if a player challenges his place on your "beat list" and you can't prove it then it didn't really happen, did it?

Well that about does it for my "Beat List" ground rules. If you have any that I missed please feel free to add to it:) .

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
O.K., O.K., I know I've been guilty of posting about how I won or lost to the "Quad"(he is a multi-billionaire) and I think I posted lately about playing a friend for the pizza, beer, pop, time and cheap Detroit hookers but I don't think I ever posted any thread about beating anybody for $20 a game. That said I'll also say this: the first time I played Red we bet $15 a game(in 78-79). I was a scared 20 or 21 year old kid going up against the worlds greatest poolplaying gambler in history. I didn't know anything at all about 6 or no-count or Red so I bet cheap. I also don't think I ever posted about beating anybody who couldn't play. I think we need to establish some ground rules concerning "beat lists" for the future.

1. If you weren't betting at least $50 a game it's not even close to serious and don't mean shit to me. Who in their right mind cares what any two players did for hoo-ha? If you were betting $50 a game and you were a top or very good player, it barely means shit to me but you're getting close.

Example:

Not to pick a fight with you Bill but if he owed you $200 for the last game and paid it at a later date then I would consider that to be character. If he paid $20, so what. If I was playing a guy for $20 a game and I had in my pocket what I usually had in my pocket, and he went to get more money, I would have been gone before he got back the first time, but that's just me. I have no patience with broke-dick poolplayers, which most of them are.

2. Anyone who has Cletus from the Capitol Club(Rack) as a one-pocket victim, playing even, needs to have their head examined, unless, as I've stated previously, there was a second Cletus from the Rack that I am unaware of. Or possibly the Cletus that I did know from the Rack used to play top-speed pool and then he suffered a tragic accident and played like a cripple after that. The only Cletus from the Capitol Club that I ever knew couldn't sink a ball in the Pacific Ocean if he was flying over it in a slow-moving hot-air ballon. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Players weaker than me gave him 8-3 & the break AND his fouls don't count(I saw it), so if you beat him playing even, who cares???

3. If you beat the best one-pocket players that God ever set upon this earth for $100 a game or more, on your own nickel, playing even, well now we're getting somewhere:) . Brag about that and I'll read it all day. But if you were getting staked, please don't mention it. If you were betting under $100 a game, please don't mention it. I don't care and it doesn't mean anything at all to me.

4. If any living player challenges his place on your "beat list" then you should be forthright and respond to his challenge or you should remove him from your "beat list". After all, if a player challenges his place on your "beat list" and you can't prove it then it didn't really happen, did it?

Well that about does it for my "Beat List" ground rules. If you have any that I missed please feel free to add to it:) .

Dennis
I like the proven part. I guess that would be hard too do. And clites I played couldnt play. I played him for 3 thousand a game. And I think he spotted me 8 to 4 and I played shot wiyh the but off the cue.

And Freddy SAlum didnt no me and he was woffing at cletuis and said Ill give you the same game. And fredy lost over 20 thousand. But I brought that up because of what happened.

But the cletus I played was over 6 foot tall and knid off stocky. And he would woff at everyone. And he had money. And gamble. Thats all I have.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
But the cletus I played was over 6 foot tall and knid off stocky. And he would woff at everyone. And he had money. And gamble. Thats all I have.
That sounds to me like the same guy Artie. Thank you.

Dennis

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Short-race tournaments (5-7 race)should be PERMANENTLY Barred from beat lists, or I would Start mine with :
Bobby Pickle and Herb Wilmott(Rip Fella)...

On a funny little side note, I was KNOWN for saying, "I will play ANYBODY with a Meucci." That is, until Fargo came around playing 1-hole lol. That saying stood up for nearly 3 years, undefeated! Being a man of my word I quit saying it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
newfosgatesucks said:
Short-race tournaments (5-7 race)should be PERMANENTLY Barred from beat lists, or I would Start mine with :
Bobby Pickle and Herb Wilmott(Rip Fella)...
NFS,

Five out of seven or seven out of thirteen is a decent measure for a one-pocket set. Of course though, all tournament matches should be excluded from "beat lists". Who really cares except for 8 guys and one girl over on the All-Zaniness site?

RBL

Skin

Verified Member
Beat lists! - please don't get me aggravated again, Dennis, or I will put you on mine and I don't even have one. ;)

Skin < likes the old saw "The older I get, the better I was"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
Beat lists! - please don't get me aggravated again, Dennis, or I will put you on mine and I don't even have one. ;)

Skin < likes the old saw "The older I get, the better I was"
If you put me on your "beat list" and I contest it, will you put me on "ignore".

P.S. All I have really is a "beaten by" list. Those are the ones I seem to remember, maybe because there was always more money involved when I lost than when I won.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
If you put me on your "beat list" and I contest it, will you put me on "ignore".

P.S. All I have really is a "beaten by" list. Those are the ones I seem to remember, maybe because there was always more money involved when I lost than when I won.

Dennis

I have forgotten who you were when we played, if I ever knew, already.

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

Of all the things you might have done after we played, win or lose, forgetting me would not ever happen:p .

RBL

Dennis, you are a lot in your personality and approach to playing like my old partner from the day. I remember one time, when there was no action and we both were itching for it, him telling me point blank that he could beat me. I disagreed and a lot of woofing started. To this day, I cannot remember if we even played after that, much less how it turned out...but I am sure of one thing now. I beat him like a red-headed step-child. LOL

Skin

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Yes, in one pocket that race is sufficient- I really meant 9-ball, and Kudos for excluding ALL tournament matches....A lot of those are decided by other factors in my opinion. Whoever stayed up the night before may be tired, still in stroke, or beat. The road is tough, I slept in my truck(s-10 even!) at a large eent, was undefeated the first two days, and you could have oiled your furniture with me the third day. But I was 20 and stupid then.. Tournaments mean little, unless you can say your winning percentage is like 'X' percent or higher to win, which excludes the other player.

Now, in reference to Fred's Beat list-if I am not mistaken, most of his victims verified, including Fargo himself...And he had witnesses, so I guess his beat list is Kosher.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Yes, in one pocket that race is sufficient- I really meant 9-ball, and Kudos for excluding ALL tournament matches....A lot of those are decided by other factors in my opinion. Whoever stayed up the night before may be tired, still in stroke, or beat. The road is tough, I slept in my truck(s-10 even!) at a large eent, was undefeated the first two days, and you could have oiled your furniture with me the third day. But I was 20 and stupid then.. Tournaments mean little, unless you can say your winning percentage is like 'X' percent or higher to win, which excludes the other player.

Now, in reference to Fred's Beat list-if I am not mistaken, most of his victims verified, including Fargo himself...And he had witnesses, so I guess his beat list is Kosher.

If the get caught lying will linchum. They havant done that in a long time now anyway.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NFS,

You are mistaken in the extremis. I'm guessing that 1/3 of them are dead, 1/3 of them don't know of the "beat list" & wouldn't care if they did know & 1/3 of them don't get a high-speed internet connection in their cardboard box. The only living person (Bill Stroud) who has contested being on the infamous "beat list" has been completely ignored publicly by the Beard. The same man who has said many times that nobody has ever contested his beat list has completely ignored the only person living who has contested it.

I also point out Cletus from the Rack. He's on the infamous beat list. Cletus couldn't make a ball in his pocket if you gave him 3 shots at it, no joke.

Dennis

Who the hell did the Beard ever beat?
Following is a list of players the Beard beat PLAYING ALL OF THEM EVEN, at least ONCE, in a COMPLETE gambling session, or tournament match over his 50 year career.

Al Racine Al Miller –bank pool, one pocket

Al Werline — bar pool
Allen Young Hoppe Hopkins – bank pool, tourn 9 ball
Alphonso Fonzi Daniels — one pocket and banks
Alton Babyface Whitlow — bank pool
Ardell Blackie LeSeur — Tournament only- Johnston City, IL onepocket
Artie Smartie Artie Bodendorfer — banks and one pocket
Baltimore Buddy Dennis — one pocket
Benny Goose Conway — one pocket
Berle Gabbard — bar pool
Bernard Bunny, Pots and Pans Rogoff — one pocket
Bernie The Hawk Schwartz – one pocket
Bill Cardone, Pittsburgh Billy Incardona — one pocket and banks
Bill Lawson – banks
Bill Memphis Rousey – tournament one pocket
Bill Mielke — 9 ball
Bill Stigall — one pocket
Billy Cornbread Red Burge — bank pool
Billy Joss West Stroud – banks and one pocket
Billy Weir
Black Iceman from LA — one pocket
Black Nate Colbert — banks
Bob Black Bart, Bob Ogburn — one pocket and banks
Bobby Hunter — one pocket
Brooklyn Charlie — one pocket
Bruce One Pocket Ghost Perri — one pocket
Bud Harris — one pocket
Cadillac Dave Piona
California John Mc Cue — one pocket and banks
California Shorty — banks
Cecil Rifleman, Buddy Hall — banks
Cecil The Left Duke Tugwell — one pocket and banks
Champagne Eddie Kelly — tournaments only — Vegas & Richmond Ky, One pocket and 9 ball
Charles Country Monroe — one pocket
Charles Low Down Dirty Preacher Red Jones — one pocket
Charles Rosie Rosenblatt — one pocket
Charlie left handed from Ky. Jones — one pocket and banks
Charlie the Ape — bar pool
Chicago Paul Jones — one pocket and straight pool
Chris Gentile – one pocket and banks
Chris MacDonald — one pocket
Chubby Chino, Chicago Chino — 8 ball
Chuey Rivera — 8 ball
Cletus (Capitol Billiards, Detroit ) — one pocket
Cliff Spotmaster Joyner — one pocket and banks
Clyde Childress — banks
Country Calvin Hargrove — bar pool
Crazy Frank from Buffalo – one pocket
Cuban Joe Valdez — one pocket
Dallas Joey Torma — one pocket
Dallas West — tournament only, straight pool House of Lords, Chicago
Danny Buffalo Kid Di Liberto — bank pool
Danny Medina — bank pool
Dave Yeager
David Sizemore — one pocket
Denny Searcy — bank pool
Diamond Bill Cress — 9 ball and one pocket
Dick Weaver — one pocket and banks

Don Preacher Feeney – straight pool
Don Rose — bank pool
Don Waterdog Edwards — one pocket
Donnie Anderson — bank pool
Earl The Pearl Strickland — bank pool
Eddie Detroit Whitey Beauchene — bank pool
Eddie from Milwaukee Matthews — bar pool, one pocket
Eddie The Hat Burton – one pocket
Eddie White Cannonball Kienowski — banks
Edgar Shake and Bake White — one pocket
Edward Chris McGeahan — banks
Efren Bata, The Magician Reyes — one pocket and banks
Elihu Alley-Oop O’Rear — bar pool
Eugene Clem Metz – bar pool 8 ball
Fat Glen Knowles — one pocket and banks

Floyd Baxter – bar pool
Frank Bananas Rodriguiz — banks
Frank McGowan — One Pocket, Fred Whalen tourn. LA, 4 games to 2
Frank Sailor Stellman — banks
Freddy New Orleans Sessions — banks, one pocket
Freddy Salem – one pocket
Frisco Jack Cooney – one pocket
Gary Pinkowski — banks and one pocket
Gary Spaeth — one pocket, banks when he was very young
Gene The Glove Catrone — one pocket
George Brunt — banks
George Michaels — one pocket , banks and 8 ball
George Pawalski — banks
George Stardust Lounge Chicago Walker — bar pool
Glen Piggy Banks Rogers — bank pool, one pocket
Grady Professor Mathews — one pocket
Greg Big Train Stevens — bank pool
Handsome Danny Jones – bank pool
Harry Poochie Sexton – bank pool
Harry the Horse McConnell — one pocket

Hippie Cole Dickson — one pocket and banks
Hippie Jimmy Marino — bank pool
Hippie Jimmy Reid — bank pool
Hound Dog Calhoun — one pocket
Howard The Coward Meechum — bank pool
Hubert Daddy Warbucks Cokes — banks and one pocket
Ike Runnels – banks
Iron Joe Procita – banks
Isaac Little Miami Gonzales — banks
Isadore Pony Rosen – banks and one pocket
Jack Jersey Red,The Red Raider Breit — tournament only, Philly Legends, two matches, one pocket
Jaffar Patch Eye, Henry Chapman Basheer — banks and one pocket
James the sniper Christopher — one pocket
James Youngblood Brown — banks and one pocket
Jamie Red Rifle Farrell – banks

Jeff Carter — banks and one pocket
Jerry Breisath — banks

Jerry the Actor Orbach – one pocket
Jerry Prado – one pocket,Hot Springs, AR
Jew Paul Brusloff — one pocket
Jimmy Flyboy Spears – one pocket
Jimmy Pretty Boy Floyd Mataya — tournament 9 ball
Jimmy The Kid Wetch – tournament one pocket

Joe Cognoscenti Gold — banks and one pocket
Joe Philly Ross — one pocket
Joe Rocha – bar pool
Joe The Grinder/ The Back Solomon — one pocket
Joey Cincinnati Kid Spaeth – bank pool

John Abruzzo — bank pool
John Drew Hagar — one pocket
John Henry McHenry — one pocket
John Red Shoes Zaksas — bank pool
Johnny Boy Skinner — bank pool

Johnny Lefty, Cannonball Chapman – banks and one pocket
Johnny Popcorn Miller – one pocket

Johnny Velvet Foghorn Ervolino — banks
Jose Amang, Little Giant Parica – banks and one pocket
Jumpin’ Sammy Jones — one pocket
Junior Weldon – bar pool, one pocket
Keith Earthquake, Ether McCready — bank pool
Keith Young Squirrel Thompson – one pocket
Kenny Romburg Remus — one pocket, banks and billiards
King James Rempe — banks
Kokomo Joe Ross — banks
Larry Boston Shorty Johnson — banks
Larry Iceman Hubbart — banks
Larry Oil Can Lisciotti — banks
Larry Swartz — 8 ball, one pocket
Leon Ledford – bar pool
Leonard Bugs Rucker — one pocket
Little Al Romero — one pocket
Little David, The Giant Killer Howard — 9 ball
Long Beach – banks
Louie (Allingers Philly) Esposito — banks
Louis Little Hand Bramlett — banks
Marcel Camp — banks
Marco The Snake Marquez — banks
Martin Omaha Fats Kaiman — one pocket
Marvin Pittsburg Flash Henderson — one pocket and banks
Melvin Strawberry Brooks — one pocket
Mexican champion Cannella – 8 ball
Mexican Johnny Vasquez – one pocket and banks
Michael Geese Gerace -- one pocket
Mike Babyface Gulyassy — Tournament Dayton OH banks
Mike Bandy — banks
Mike Captain Hook Sigel — banks
Mike Carella – banks and one pocket
Mike Shoes Gambony — bar pool, one pocket
Mike Tennessee Tarzan Massey – banks
Milborn Gar Frazier – one pocket
New York Harry Cohen — banks
Nick Varner – banks, broke even $200 game one pocket
Norman Hitch Hitchcock – one pocket
Norman The Jockey Howard — one pocket
Okie Sam, Crotzer — banks
One-eyed Jesse Webb — banks
One-Eyed Tony Howard – one pocket and banks
Paul Doc Brienza — Tournament

Peter Rabbit Linhard — banks, one pocket
Petey Fusco – one pocket
Philadelphia Joey Veasey — one pocket
Pittsburgh John Stapoli — one pocket
Port Chester Mickey Carpinello — banks
Ray Booth — one pocket
Red Jew Town Red — banks
Rich Geiler – tournament Burlington IA
Richard Bucktooth Cook — one pocket
Richard Rocketman Slupik – bar pool
Richie Florence –Tournament Dayton OH, Onepocket
Richie from the Bronx Ambrose -- one pocket and banks
Robert (Houseman in TCOM) Agins — one pocket
Robert Cotton LeBlanc – bar pool, one pocket
Robert Rags Woods — tournament LA

Rodney Babe Thompson – banks
Roger The Rocket Griffis – banks
Ronnie Fast Eddie Allen — banks
Ronnie The Hat, Bald Eagle Mayes — one pocket, 8 ball
Roy Kilroy Kosmolski – one pocket
Rudolfo Boy Sampson Luat – banks and one pocket
Rusty Brandymeyer — banks
Scott Kitto — tournament
Seattle Joe, Tracy Joe Salazar — one pocket , 9 ball bar pool
Seattle Sam, Fat Sam Trivett — one pocket
Shannon, The Cannon, Daulton — one pocket
Skippy Dallas, Tx Le Cue Riggs — banks
Spanish Mike LeBron – one pocket
St. Louis Louie Roberts — banks
Sterling Buttermilk Ward — one pocket
Steve Cookie Monster Cook – one pocket
Steve Lizard Smith — one pocket and banks
Steve Miz Mizerak – banks
Surfer Rod Curry — one pocket
Tex Jean Sonny Springer — one pocket
Three- finger Ronnie Sypher — one pocket and banks
Tom Karabatsos — one pocket
Tom Spencer — one pocket and banks
Tommy Staten Island, Doc Halliday — one pocket
Tommy The Sailor Kramer – one pocket
Tony Banks Coleman — banks
Tony Fargo Ferguson — banks
Top Mexican 9 baller, Chi Chi — banks
ToughTony Brewer — banks
Toupee Jay Helfert – banks
Truman Hogue — Chicago Bumps tourn. bank pool
Utley UJ Puckett – one pocket
Vernon Brier Spivey – one pocket
Vernon Eliot — banks
Vince from Allingers in Philly, “Joe DiMaggio”– banks
Vince Pancho Carelli– banks and one pocket
Wade Billy Johnson Crane – banks and tournament 9 ball Johnston City

Watson (Capitol Billiards Detroit, The Rack) – one pocket
Wendell Weir — banks
Willie Munson — one pocket and banks

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
My beat list:

Jack Kerouac
Neal Cassidy
Allen Ginsberg
Herbert Huncke
William Burroughs
Gary Snyder
Gregory Corso
Diane DiPrima
Lawrence Ferlinghetti
Maynard G. Krebs

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
demonrho said:
My beat list:

Jack Kerouac
Neal Cassidy
Allen Ginsberg
Herbert Huncke
William Burroughs
Gary Snyder
Gregory Corso
Diane DiPrima
Lawrence Ferlinghetti
Maynard G. Krebs
demonrho
how good did maynard play???:rolleyes: :D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The Ghost isn't ashamed of having been beaten

The Ghost isn't ashamed of having been beaten

Here's pics of a few of the 'players' that have beat me in years past...:D >>>

- Ghosty<-------has been bad and needs to be disciplined...:D

Attachments

• dominatrix 1.jpg
    dominatrix 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dominatrix.jpg
    dominatrix.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Dominatrix 0.jpg
    Dominatrix 0.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dominatrix_holding_whip.jpg
    dominatrix_holding_whip.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
One Pocket Ghost said:
Here's pics of a few of the 'players' that have beat me in years past...:D

Ghostie
I'll trade you Maynard and the rest of my beatniks for Salma Hayek. ;)