the house owes them 500:rolleyes:

where is Mr. Stroud to explain this???

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
positive reinforcement!

positive reinforcement!

if this most prestigious senior event occurs, and if it takes place in a public venue, and if said arena is accessible via modem transmission modules, and, therefore, should internet communications be deemed to be viable, and, further, should an electron-transmission organization so decide that public observation of said event is desirable, feasible, and doable through scientific advancements that have progressed beyond cathode ray tubular technology, then, herewith and herein, this deponent commits to support said video / audience participation up to, and including, my sponsorship pledge of $3.00 (three dollars), of which this narrowly-defined financial contract is predicated upon full disclosure of all wagers engaged upon by the totality of participating parties over the ages of their majority, with the understanding that specific waivers, exclusions and options remain at the sole discretion of the pledgee, who retains her right to, at any time, morph into a claimant, for any reason that she so selects.

agreeable?

supporting pool is my life,

sunny

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
My chances would certainly go up if we raised it to 70 and so would Little Al's, but I doubt we would get many players. I don't think Parica and Matchin are 65 yet but close. Jerry might be a strong favorite if he is 65 yet and so would Jose.

I certainly am not a "legend' like the other guys I have mentioned. Just a good player who always had a job and was dumb enough to play the "legends" his whole life.

I think anyone who wants to play and will come up with the cash that we know is at least 65 should be able to play.

Glad to see some interest. Now let us start getting a player list going and hear from the players who will participate.

John why cant they have it the same time as the one pocket tournement in las Vegas.

THe Riveara has lots off rooms thier would be no problem. For space or room.

But its not my show its up too the polaticians.

And all off us distingwished caracters. Would be one off the greatest pictures off all times. And they can get usall in one picture.

THey should be happy to even get a picture like that. That would be a hall off fame picture. And does Eddie kelly still play Ronnie would no.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John why cant they have it the same time as the one pocket tournement in las Vegas.

THe Riveara has lots off rooms thier would be no problem. For space or room.

But its not my show its up too the polaticians.

And all off us distingwished caracters. Would be one off the greatest pictures off all times. And they can get usall in one picture.

THey should be happy to even get a picture like that. That would be a hall off fame picture. And does Eddie kelly still play Ronnie would no.

John you played all the legends and look at all the fun you had.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Old Dog Roustabout

Old Dog Roustabout

jrhendy said:
I am thinking 6 or 8 players Doc and there are a couple of rooms in Northern Cal that would help with it. We could run it on weekdays for two or three days depending on how many players we get.

Just an idea. We will see what happens.

Great idea JR Hendy. Where is very important. You know that Chris would support this in a heartbeat. The motels and food are close and action like this would be in the interest of the house. He can get a rate at the local motels. I would be glad to rack the balls and ref for you guys since I am not THAT OLD to play for the usual percentage of the total purse. The advantage also at Ca Billiards is his eight tables set up for a roustabout like this. Plenty of room for players, his area can be roped off and the tables are just right when it comes to being tight. He can feed it to the Internet and there might be a pay for view involved. The only other good place to play on the Best Coast is in Mesa. Most places consider 62 a senior. Not that I could qualify to play in this rarified pool
air.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
bstroud said:
I think we should open this event to everyone.

Simple formula:

65-their age X 100.00 + 1000.00 = their entry fee.

Bill Stroud
Bill,

Do you know what a "round-robin" tournament is and how long it takes?

Dennis

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John you played all the legends and look at all the fun you had.

John has thrown the gauntlet down and where is the game the game going to be played? Here's a guy who has played the best players for years, still willing to put it up, even though he can't see, walk, or hear and the thread has no response except from those ineligible to play. I think the reason is, JR is the best player of his generation and none of these "champions" want to be embarrassed by a nobody. Well, nobody to them. To the best coast, he's a Hall of Famer. :D :cool: :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Scrzbill said:
John has thrown the gauntlet down and where is the game the game going to be played? Here's a guy who has played the best players for years, still willing to put it up, even though he can't see, walk, or hear and the thread has no response except from those ineligible to play. I think the reason is, JR is the best player of his generation and none of these "champions" want to be embarrassed by a nobody. Well, nobody to them. To the best coast, he's a Hall of Famer. :D :cool: :D

You must be taking too many pain meds again.

Be careful! You may be staking something.:eek:

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
1p for old fau**s

1p for old fau**s

You could probably count me in John but I am not sure about the grand deal, I mean after all a lot of old retired good players may not have that kind of money anymore and only the great ones like yourself could get staked but you are loaded anyway. I didn't give away any secrets did I. LOL> JK
Crenshaw might play too but he hates tournaments, he thinks they are useless. I haven't seen him in weeks, he evidently poked himself in the eye taking a friggin shower and it has put him out of action for weeks including golf and pool. Oh well. See ya next month at CB unless u get here first.
Dick

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SactownTom said:
John,

Have you a list of perspective players?

Not too much interest so far Tom. I know Little Al would play and I would make sure Ronnie made it. Hope to round some up soon. Might take til Las Vegas to pin some down.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Did u miss it

Did u miss it

jrhendy said:
Not too much interest so far Tom. I know Little Al would play and I would make sure Ronnie made it. Hope to round some up soon. Might take til Las Vegas to pin some down.

Re post #30.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Scrzbill said:
Good points, Bill. Any by the way, Hendy's bite window will now be wide open...

Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
jrhendy said:
You must be taking too many pain meds again.

Be careful! You may be staking something.:eek:

I said I would rack and ref for the match. My fee would be no more than the usual 40% of the purse. No problem with the steaks, there are some very good meat selections in Santa Monica. You going to the Sac tournament this week end? :) iSay hi to Tony for everyone. :eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
suki said:
You could probably count me in John but I am not sure about the grand deal, I mean after all a lot of old retired good players may not have that kind of money anymore and only the great ones like yourself could get staked but you are loaded anyway. I didn't give away any secrets did I. LOL> JK
Crenshaw might play too but he hates tournaments, he thinks they are useless. I haven't seen him in weeks, he evidently poked himself in the eye taking a friggin shower and it has put him out of action for weeks including golf and pool. Oh well. See ya next month at CB unless u get here first.
Dick

You can get a stake Suki. If it's at California Billiards you can drive back and forth. Bring Sally, it would be good to see her.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
gulfportdoc said:
Good points, Bill. Any by the way, Hendy's bite window will now be wide open...

Doc

All I know about JR is the twenty or so years I have watched him play. I know once you get his nose open, it's time to double the bet. Like Dippy would say, ALL IN.......

markgriffin

Verified Member
65+ one pocket event

65+ one pocket event

If the time (and place) is right, and it is after October 31st (so I qualify on the age requirement), you might get me to play!!!

I also will do what I can to help JR put this together.

It might be fun.

Mark Griffin

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
markgriffin said:
If the time (and place) is right, and it is after October 31st (so I qualify on the age requirement), you might get me to play!!!

I also will do what I can to help JR put this together.

It might be fun.

Mark Griffin

Maybe we can put a small one together in Las Vegas in May (I know you are too busy to play) and talk about another one after October.