Kudos To Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bill in spite of heckling from some on the site
your level headed responces and persistance in giving us lesser players an insite on how an upper level approaches the game and advice to improve im sure is appreciated by many more than me

mosconiac

Verified Member
I concur. FWIW, I find Bill to be very interesting and very much appreciate any information he is willing to share. Knowledge = power!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
mosconiac said:
I concur. FWIW, I find Bill to be very interesting and very much appreciate any information he is willing to share. Knowledge = power!
not to hijack my own thread but that was a great shot you saw on bills thread mosconiac:)

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Not trying to hijack either.

Not trying to hijack either.

I too enjoy listening to many different thoughts and suggestions.

I have mixed feelings about Bill though. While I enjoy his help on one pocket, his cues are freakin works of art. I almost want him just to make cues. But as Dr. Phil says, "Its not about you".

Its great that he can do both, most can do neither, me included.

Thanks for all you do Bill.

Best of rolls,

Ken

(BIG JW FAN)

bstroud

Verified Member
Thanks for the kind words but I would like to get something clear here.

I am not try to compare myself with some of the other great players that post here.

I have played pool for a very short time compared to most of them.

Artie, Billy I, Freddy and Grady have devoted their lives to pool.
Most of them, especially Grady have given back far more to pool than they have received.

I can play. I can also teach. I have given several one pocket clinics and classes. I am getting old. I am just trying to share what I have learned about pool the same way that the great players of my generation taught me.

Bill Stroud

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I for one prefer to hear any good players thoughts, techniques, etc. And compare them to others while trying them.

He brought up some good points that need to be there-this is a One-Pocket forum, and I hope it always will be. A poolroom where they don't look funny at you when the 8 isn't in the middle of the stack. They look closer..They don't laugh because you break easy-they look for dead ones!

One day, this day will be history. Let's make it.