Can't be true

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Someone posted this morning on AZB that Viff and Scott were playing 19-4 10 ahead at Sharks in Las Vegas for $500K. They are supposedly playing today. I don't believe it. #1 Who would be putting it up for Scott? I can't find anybody streaming it. Surely, someone would be streaming it! Does anybody know anything about this?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
petie said:
Someone posted this morning on AZB that Viff and Scott were playing 19-4 10 ahead at Sharks in Las Vegas for $500K. They are supposedly playing today. I don't believe it. #1 Who would be putting it up for Scott? I can't find anybody streaming it. Surely, someone would be streaming it! Does anybody know anything about this?
Have you no life, mate?:)

Surely there has to be more to life, then perusing one forums rumors, then going to another forum and posting the aforementioned rumors there, and asking for them to be confirmed. And to further complicate matters, starting a brand new thread about Viffer and Scott, when there is already a active thread going on, about the sessions they've had for the past several days.

Send your email address with "I want the link to Viffer/Scott" in the subject line to

hjttp://www.poolstreams.com/viffer_scott_showdown_in_the_desert.html

and you will receive the link to the stream in a automated email reply.

Just trying to help! :eek::D

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
All in good fun, Red. Ya, part of the having a life thing is that I don't keep up with each and every post/thread. I go for periods of time away and come back to the forum when I can or want to. No harm intended. Make of it what you will.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
petie said:

hey now.. my post was all in good fun... I'm just joking with you. I put my smilie in there to show I was joking...

and besides.. I didn't call you any names. If you purposely clicked that link, believing it to be your benefit, then it took you away from this site and you were out in the wild wild west of the Internet. What happens out there, well... we surely can't be responsible for here, can we?:D

There is actually a lesson on being safe on the Internet in there too. (just thought of that)

Whenever you see a link in a forum, you should always hold your mouse over the link and look down at the bottom left of the browser window. This will tell you where it is actually taking you, if you click on it.

Anyways.. my first post to you in the other thread was trying to make a point, and add a bit of sarcasm.... this post was a 1 part sarcasm and 3 parts humor. Just so you know the intention of it.;)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
petie said:

They are SUPPOSED to play for 500k.

There are people that would/could raise this kind of $$ to play Viffer.

Whatever the bet today, it will be very high and even more on the rail.

Lenny, time to get over there. I doubt they would want it streamed though.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Thanks, Red. I was beginnig to think that I really AM an idiot. I'm supposed to put a face here but haven't figured that out yet. Good tip on the hovering mouse. Never knew that. All this has made me regret that I didn't introduce myself to you at DCC. I was right there when you were talking to Grady but layed low. BTW My original "no life" comments were entirely tongue in cheek.

As to the 500k, I can see someone that had it putting it on their own game but have seen too much 'business' over the years to recommend this for a backer. I know I can be accused of being cynical but it's just too easy to take off the backer if you get the drift. The only thing to prevent this would be a really big split to the player. Maybe today's players don't have any of the larceny in their hearts like the old hustlers did but that sounds naive. Does anybody agree with me?

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
petie said:
Thanks, Red. I was beginnig to think that I really AM an idiot. I'm supposed to put a face here but haven't figured that out yet. Good tip on the hovering mouse. Never knew that. All this has made me regret that I didn't introduce myself to you at DCC. I was right there when you were talking to Grady but layed low. BTW My original "no life" comments were entirely tongue in cheek.

As to the 500k, I can see someone that had it putting it on their own game but have seen too much 'business' over the years to recommend this for a backer. I know I can be accused of being cynical but it's just too easy to take off the backer if you get the drift. The only thing to prevent this would be a really big split to the player. Maybe today's players don't have any of the larceny in their hearts like the old hustlers did but that sounds naive. Does anybody agree with me?

No Larceny? Surely you jest.;)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
blackeee said:
No Larceny? Surely you jest.;)

Maybe the govertment is in the backing pool player Buisness now. Thier incorparated too do buisness. But people think that happimes every time they bet on someone.

Even in foot ball games. And basket ball games. And the whole world is doing Buisness. And people think everything is crooket if it goes against them.

And the money us all going one way. And a bunch off people are betting it. So its legit nothing going on. But good action. Both sides think they can win.

And thats why thiers good action.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Latest report is that Scott got on the hill halfway through last nights session......but then, up on high, in the heavens above Las Vegas, Dippy's prayers were answered, and...the POKER GODS bitch-slapped the POOL GODS, and wonder of wonders - Dippy won the 9 games back, and got back to even by the morning quitting time...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Latest report is that Scott got on the hill halfway through last nights session......but then, up on high, in the heavens above Las Vegas, Dippy's prayers were answered, and...the POKER GODS bitch-slapped the POOL GODS, and wonder of wonders - Dippy won the 9 games back, and got back to even by the morning quitting time...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

I said its never over tell its over. Her is a sexample and when Scott had MR Dippy down 9 to nothing.

Howe many people do you think said its all over. Everyone but Dippy. And he fought his way back with limited ability and heart.

But that still doesnt make him win the ssesion, Because its not over. But it does show courage and heart.

It showed caracter Because most people would have gave up. To me it showes that Dippy not only has heart but he loves too play.

He does not want too end his fun and game. This is in his heart mind and soul to be in action. AND FEEL ALIVE

And he loves the feeling and challange. And people think I couldnt comentate. I think I would be a lock comantating. JUt what I think and say. And is real.

But we should always give people thier opinion ibecause thats how they see it as being fair.

And equal opertunity. I sure wouldnt like it if I had too shoot what they tell me to shoot coaching me.

I might not play that game even if I had a backer. Imagine someone making a game for you too play?

Dinamite Dippy has fought his way back out off the jaws off a shark.Does Dippy have enough Gas left too win. In one off the greatest comebacks ever in pool.

Imagine being 9 games down thats 19 games ahead he has too win from thier too win the session.pretty incredable if he can pull it off. Dippy will win the come back player off the year award.

You think he loves too play?