Joyner vs. Sambabjon 2000 World One-Pocket

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 7 and it's Sambajon's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 2629

I realy dont see much. I think I would shoot the 5 into the 2 ball and make the 2 hall and it spots up. And try too frezze him over the5 all.

I cant go railr first and make the 2 ball and put him behind thr nine ball. And you could hick at the 9 and 8 combination but the angle is real hard.

And you could bank the one ball two rails but thats no good. And banking the 3 ball looks like a scratch. Banking the 7 ball I dont like either.

I might shoot rail first and lock the cueball up between the 5 ball and the 8 ball. But I would have too realy look at how the balls are at cloose range.

And I see it thierr are no bargains. Cliff is a big favorite too win this game the way the balls are.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Here's my "circus" shot, but I don't really like anything here. If I could see the 1 full, I might shoot directly at it, leaving the CB at the 1, sending it middle table, or my side. Though, then Cliff might cross the 7; but he'd have to the CB go to do that so if he missed the bank I might be in a better position to do something. Hrmm.

Too bad these don't come with "feeling good" percentages... heh

Attachments

• Joyner vs. Sambabjon 2000 World One-Pocket.jpg
    Joyner vs. Sambabjon 2000 World One-Pocket.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think Artie is correct here, and it's good to see that he is learning what to do. :D You have to deal with the ball on the spot and also the bankable ball near the head rail. I don't see anything better. Well done, Artie!

mosconiac

Verified Member
The only thing I'm comfortable with is shooting the 5/4 combo & trying to freeze to the side of the 8...being very careful to not roll behind it & give up a shot.

This helps get balls down table, which I need.

If all goes well, I might even bump the 13 out (with the 5) for a future bank.

bstroud

Verified Member
With the score as it is the main thing is to either get balls back up toward the spot or have a few open balls to bank at your pocket.

I think Arties right. Make the 2 ball and leave the cue ball as tough as possible
to prevent him shooting the 1 ball. Next inning if you get another shot try to put another ball on the spot.

You can not win the game against an equal player if the balls are up table and the score is so lopsided. You must bring the balls up table any way you can.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
vapros said:
I think Artie is correct here, and it's good to see that he is learning what to do. :D You have to deal with the ball on the spot and also the bankable ball near the head rail. I don't see anything better. Well done, Artie!

I wish school could have been this easy.

I could have been a A student.

I has two classes I was a lock at.

If I dint sing my teacher would pass me and I took German in school. And the teacher said I speeck German better then her.

Why did I take the course in German. I wanted too tell her because I wanted the nuts. But I said Just too remind me off Germany.

But THat Wrighting my own notes once a week was the nuts. I wonder If I could have got away with it today.

I learned one thing real fast. I couldnt make no money going too school. I new that for sure.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
8 and 13- I can't tell, but if you can carom the 8 off the 13, with the cue on the rail you now have a straight-back for later. But I am leaning towards the shot with the two.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 7 and it's Sambajon's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 2629
lets take a step back and take a deep breath
if you are up in the score you want the balls up table
if you are down in the score you want the balls down table
SO sambo is down in the score so he should try to get a ball down table
So make the 2 put it on the spot
i cheated and saw what he shot:eek: :eek: :D
what was he thinking:confused:
i didnt watch the ending so maybe it was a brilliant move
im waiting to hear the discussion on that

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
stljohnny said:
Here's my "circus" shot, but I don't really like anything here. If I could see the 1 full, I might shoot directly at it, leaving the CB at the 1, sending it middle table, or my side. Though, then Cliff might cross the 7; but he'd have to the CB go to do that so if he missed the bank I might be in a better position to do something. Hrmm.

Too bad these don't come with "feeling good" percentages... heh

No circus shot here, the 7 ball is a free shot. I think the CB would end higher as I wouldn't spin so much. If you make it a free shot at the 1 ball. ;) If not Cliff wont be shooting anything but the 7 ball.:)
Rod.

bstroud

Verified Member
One pocket is a game that employs two different aspects of pool.

What you should do and how you FEEL in the moment.

I remember playing a guy in Des Moines Iowa. His name was Floren DePaglio.
He asked for 8 to 4 for 200.00 a game.

I called Alfie Taylor to find out how he played? He said I had no chance. He also said I would probably get robbed if I won. I decided to play anyway.

I was 2 games winner and we raised the bet to 400.00.

He had the nuts and was stalling. He rolled his game ball up to his pocket. It was hanging in the jaws and all I had was a 4 rail bank.

I JUST knew I could make it and get position. I ran 8 and out. He quit with the nuts.

You can do what you FEEL you CAN do if you prepared properly.

I gave the house man 50.00 to walk me to my car with a gun. No problem.

What a wonderful time to be alive. To FEEL alive. Those are the times we miss the most as we get older.

I will never forget THAT moment.

So if you FEEL right, shoot the shot. If it works you will remember it. If it doesn't you will probably forget. In the end it probably won't matter.

That's what I like about gambling the most. Win or lose you can always rack em up and play another game. How good is that?

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
One pocket is a game that employs two different aspects of pool.

What you should do and how you FEEL in the moment.

I remember playing a guy in Des Moines Iowa. His name was Floren DePaglio.
He asked for 8 to 4 for 200.00 a game.

I called Alfie Taylor to find out how he played? He said I had no chance. He also said I would probably get robbed if I won. I decided to play anyway.

I was 2 games winner and we raised the bet to 400.00.

He had the nuts and was stalling. He rolled his game ball up to his pocket. It was hanging in the jaws and all I had was a 4 rail bank.

I JUST knew I could make it and get position. I ran 8 and out. He quit with the nuts.

You can do what you FEEL you CAN do if you prepared properly.

I gave the house man 50.00 to walk me to my car with a gun. No problem.

What a wonderful time to be alive. To FEEL alive. Those are the times we miss the most as we get older.

I will never forget THAT moment.

So if you FEEL right, shoot the shot. If it works you will remember it. If it doesn't you will probably forget. In the end it probably won't matter.

That's what I like about gambling the most. Win or lose you can always rack em up and play another game. How good is that?

Bill Stroud

I played Don Decoy he gambled pretty good. And he played prtty good too. But you had too be awake when you played him.

That was no easy spot to play and win and not have a problem.

Unless you were with the wright people you could have a problem.

And If you would have played him and you were alone you were no favorite leaving with the money.

bstroud

Verified Member
Artie,

You are thinking of Donnie McCoy a 9 ball player from Des Moines.

Pretty good player. Never gave up. You just had to out shoot him to beat him.

Bill Stroud

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
bstroud said:
Artie,

Bill Stroud

Don Decoy was an older time, terrific player, when you were very young.
Rod.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
Artie,

Bill Stroud

THats the man. And you better keep your eyes open allaround you when you played him. And if you were alone and you won. You were not the fasvorite too leave with the money.