fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Aint enough

Aint enough

gulfportdoc said:
fred bentivegna said:
Please don't tell me that they're playing even. Ghost is giving 10-7, right?

Doc

They started 10 - 8 went immediately to 10 -7. Ghost offered 11 -7 later, but Bille is like me, it aint about the spot, and he refused more. They will probably play again tomorrow. Gonna work hard with the Colonel today. He will do better tomorrow. I didnt expect Bille to do too well yesterday anyway. I know you just cant use the things that you learn the very next day. Especially when you are going to play against an experienced player like the Ghost. Bille got a taste of playing against someone who tries hard every single shot. Before he leaves here he will be capable of doing same.
The important thing is, Bille is having a ball. Stone pool nut. He is wearing me out. He's got me drinking too. I'll get even if I ever ride down to Mississippi.

Beard

Red Shoes tonight. Ghost tomorrow.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
They started 10 - 8, went immediately the next game to 10 -7. Ghost offered 11 -7 later, but Bille is like me, it aint about the spot, and he refused more. They will probably play again tomorrow. Gonna work hard with the Colonel today. He will do better tomorrow. I didnt expect Bille to do too well yesterday anyway. I know you just cant use the things that you learn the very next day. Especially when you are going to play against an experienced player like the Ghost. Bille got a taste of playing against someone who tries hard every single shot. Before he leaves here he will be capable of doing same.
The important thing is, Bille is having a ball. Stone pool nut. He is wearing me out. He's got me drinking too. I'll get even if I ever ride down to Mississippi.

Beard

Red Shoes tonight. Ghost tomorrow.

Freddy.....For accuracy and clarification, I gotta make one minor and one major revision in your Bille vs. Ghost report...

Minor clarification...it was very soon after Bille and I started playing 10-7 that I said to Bille, let's make it 11-7 - which as you said, Bille refused to take...

Major accuracy revision...I wasn't bearing down hard & serious on every shot, lol - this was a sociable game, so I was shooting at a lot of flyers and talking to you and Bille while I was shooting....conversely, the dead-serious, non-talking, playing as hard as he can Ghost, is the one who beat Ike 3-1 at the DCC.

- Ghosty

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Ghost

Ghost

If I play tomorrow like I played against Dino today... It should be a better match...

Besides you should be out of traps by now... you used them all up yesterday...lol

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
I don't think so

I don't think so

wgcp said:
Besides you should be out of traps by now... you used them all up yesterday...lol

I wouldn't bet on it. I've known the Ghost about six years, watched him play for hours and unleash hundreds of traps, but this past weekend he broke a new one out of his vault and let a couple of us in on it. He sure didn't want to, trying to get some of those out of him is like pulling teeth but he had no choice at the time. (Thanks Ghost I won't forget that one) The Chicago Squeeze runs through his veins and he keeps the majority of his traps locked up tighter than a ducks ass, but if he has too he'll let loose with some of the better secrets.

P.S. WTF Ghost? U should have showed me thAt shot about six years ago. Oh well, I got it now.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
DWS said:
I wouldn't bet on it. I've known the Ghost about six years, watched him play for hours and unleash hundreds of traps, but this past weekend he broke a new one out of his vault and let a couple of us in on it. He sure didn't want to, trying to get some of those out of him is like pulling teeth but he had no choice at the time. (Thanks Ghost I won't forget that one) The Chicago Squeeze runs through his veins and he keeps the majority of his traps locked up tighter than a ducks ass, but if he has too he'll let loose with some of the better secrets.

P.S. WTF Ghost? U should have showed me thAt shot about six years ago. Oh well, I got it now.
great post:confused:
show us the trap:)

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Chicago

Chicago

Well it is the last night... I have been the total pool degenerate for 5 straight days and nights...

Freddy has been the gracious host and helped me come out of the fog of the last deployment... It was exactly what I needed, and wanted... I will owe him for the rest of my life for this... Now back to the responsibilities and work tomorrow...

Played with the Ghost for about 7 hours today... the spot was 12-7... He really shoots the shots he depicts on the site... he shot two and three railers like they were hangers... He shot combination bank shots, he shot carom shots... every time I thought I had him locked down he would come up with a world class shot... I learned, more this week than I could have ever read, practiced or watched videos to learn...

I will say I think I wore the Ghost down finally because I won the last three games... I really think he was tired...

Bille

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wgcp said:
Well it is the last night... I have been the total pool degenerate for 5 straight days and nights...

Freddy has been the gracious host and helped me come out of the fog of the last deployment... It was exactly what I needed, and wanted... I will owe him for the rest of my life for this... Now back to the responsibilities and work tomorrow...

Played with the Ghost for about 7 hours today... the spot was 12-7... He really shoots the shots he depicts on the site... he shot two and three railers like they were hangers... He shot combination bank shots, he shot carom shots... every time I thought I had him locked down he would come up with a world class shot... I learned, more this week than I could have ever read, practiced or watched videos to learn...

I will say I think I wore the Ghost down finally because I won the last three games... I really think he was tired...

Bille

Dont forget to get a autograph book banking with the beard. I was going too say Back Backing With The Beard. But he mite wright another bank pool book and make that his new title.

Pretty good for a guy who cannt "Spell Up And Over" THat was a ride at River View. .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wgcp said:

Bille

Bille, thanks for the kind words...and yep, you did wear me down - you're 10 years younger than me after all...:eek:

And the spot was 11-7 until the last 4 games....I was hittin' em' good and got ahead of Bille several games at 11-7, but I didn't want to torture a onepocket.org brother too mercilessly, so I talked him into adjusting, and taking 12-7...

Well, I finally succeeded in over-spotting him, and with the 12-7, Bille beat me three of the last 4 games...:eek:...

All in all, our sessions were a lot of fun for both of us, I taught Bille some stuff, Freddy sweated our games in between naps, and I managed to avoid getting my ankle nipped by 'Little Pup'...:D

Over and out, Ghost

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Flyin' out

Flyin' out

Took Bille to O'hare airport this morning. He got to New Orleans and is on the way back home.

We were all sorry to see him go. All of us. He is a one of a kind, great guy, and of course we are all proud of him for his service to our country. But on top of all that he is a pool nut, and more importantly, a One pocket nut. He really loves One pocket. He wore me out just sweating, and I was forced to take many naps.

Now that he is finally out of the clutches of the Ghost, all them you'alls down there on the Gulf are gonna look like pork chop sandwiches. (I'm talking to you, GP Doc.)

Beard