Who should OnePocket.org sponsor in to the US Open One Pocket?

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may already know that Deeman won the US Open One Pocket entry we recently raffled (thank you, Mark Griffin & all who participated!). However, his idea was that if he won, he would kick the entry spot back to the members of OnePocket.org for a player to attend who represented OnePocket.org.

Deeman said:
Even though I'd be a lock for the tournament, I'll let the members here select someone who will be able to attend! :)

DeeMan

So, who should play in the US Open One Pocket in Vegas as our sponsored player?

I would like the player we choose to be a member of OnePocket.org, and we have some pretty good candidates here already:
  1. The Ghost has played in the US Opens before and has been a member here since about the beginning
  2. There is our elder statesman and original HOF member, Grady Mathews
  3. There's Gentleman John Henderson
  4. There is resident doctor and legendary player, Billy I
  5. there's San Jose Dick
  6. There is our Bank champion, John Brumback
  7. And other HOF'ers in Freddy the Beard & Harry Platis
  8. There are Bernie, Lenny, etc, etc.
  9. ...and I probably overlooked a dozen more equally deserving possibilities, too
Even though I would like the player that represents us to be a member here, I am certainly open to any new players signing up so that they would be eligible (Efren? Scott? Cliff?). Of course we already have some good choices -- but at the same time, we can always use more new player members here. We also really want the player to represent us with dignity, and it would be great if they played well too, right?

Let's hear your suggestions!

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
onepocket said:
Some of you may already know that Deeman won the US Open One Pocket entry we recently raffled (thank you, Mark Griffin & all who participated!). However, his idea was that if he won, he would kick the entry spot back to the members of OnePocket.org for a player to attend who represented OnePocket.org.

So, who should play in the US Open One Pocket in Vegas as our sponsored player?

I would like the player we choose to be a member of OnePocket.org, and we have some pretty good candidates here already:
  1. The Ghost has played in the US Opens before and has been a member here since about the beginning
  2. There is our elder statesman and original HOF member, Grady Mathews
  3. There's Gentleman John Henderson
  4. There is resident doctor and legendary player, Billy I
  5. there's San Jose Dick
  6. There is our Bank champion, John Brumback
  7. And other HOF'ers in Freddy the Beard & Harry Platis
  8. There are Bernie, Lenny, etc, etc.
  9. ...and I probably overlooked a dozen more equally deserving possibilities, too
Even though I would like the player that represents us to be a member here, I am certainly open to any new players signing up so that they would be eligible (Efren? Scott? Cliff?). Of course we already have some good choices -- but at the same time, we can always use more new player members here. We also really want the player to represent us with dignity, and it would be great if they played well too, right?

Let's hear your suggestions!
I think San Jose Dick should get the pass into the tournament. If Dick wasnt such a gentleman its almost a sure thing he would have been elected into our Hall of Fame this year but as im sure you all will remember he withdrew stating he felt there were more worthy players than himself.
I personally think Dick was correct in his actions but now we can honor him with this gift. Keith

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
sappo said:
I think San Jose Dick should get the pass into the tournament. If Dick wasnt such a gentleman its almost a sure thing he would have been elected into our Hall of Fame this year but as im sure you all will remember he withdrew stating he felt there were more worthy players than himself.
I personally think Dick was correct in his actions but now we can honor him with this gift. Keith
Ditto on that. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Shannon Daulton has not posted all that much here on the site, but he does add a comment from time to time. In terms of 1P excellence, I can't think of a better candidate to represent onepocket.org.

I can just hear the introductions: "And now, sponsored by onepocket.org, Shannon "The Cannon" Daulton!"

That is a very nice thing for you to do, DeeMan!

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think it should be pointed out here that when the results were posted in the members section and Deeman graciously gave the entry ticket back to onepockt.org
Steve Booth was nominated to recieve it in recognition for all the time and effort he has put into onepocket.org.
im letting those of you who dont go to the members section know that steve is giving up a free pass into the us open one pocket.
(unless he gets voted in here)
so steve i want you to know that your desire to put onepocket.org first and not personal gain is highly commendable:)

JAM

Verified Member
Freddy the Beard gets my vote! :)

If Freddy can't make it, then I also like John Henderson because he always carries himself as a gentleman on forums. I like his style. Plus, he can play some! He's got game! ;)

Billy Incardona would be a good choice, too, but I think he may already have an invite, subject to check.

JAM

Verified Member
JAM said:
...Billy Incardona would be a good choice, too, but I think he may already have an invite, subject to check.

I just checked, and Billy Incardona does, indeed, have a special invite, as does Grady Mathews. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 0

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
JAM said:
I just checked, and Billy Incardona does, indeed, have a special invite, as does Grady Mathews. :)

As does Dick McMorran (aka SanJoseDick aka SJD, aka YukonJack) and Shannon Daulton.

No mention of any legendary 1Pkt HOF'ers Chicago players Artie or Freddy.

I like the idea of Mr. OnePocket (aka Steve Booth) getting the ticket.. but my second choise would be Gentlemen John Henderson.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As I understand it, Shannon Daulton has a conflict that is an event in his own tour, so he has to give that priority.

It also may be that some of these players are already committed to going and might even have an entry fee paid already. On the one hand it would be good to have an additional player get the nod, but on the other hand, I'd like to give priority to simply the best choice of player to well represent OnePocket.org for us all.

I've heard Keith McCready is a member here too, and I accidentally omitted Artie from my opening post too :)

Not a member of OnePocket.org, (but are members of our HOF) but would be great to see them get in and they probably would otherwise not play in it, would be Squirrel Carpenter, Ed Kelley, Jack Cooney, Jimmy Fusco, Flyboy, or one of the other One Pocket HOF members.

As far as just from the point of view of a 100% gentleman who would represent us in a dignified manner no matter what distractions, libations or adversity transpired -- no offense to anyone else, but that person might be John Henderson, although there are other real solid choices too.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Easy choice

Easy choice

I could only go for John H. No negatives, save for his choice of a certain friend. He is the person it would probably mean the most to also. I have no problem with, "...representing Onepocket.org, John Henderson."

I would also like to make a request to "The Fab Four." All those votes you were going to cast for me... please instead send them over to JH.

The Beard

Sorry, actually this is the Beard. I accidentally logged on to WGCP's page.

bernie p

Verified Member
As far as just from the point of view of a 100% gentleman who would represent us in a dignified manner no matter what distractions, libations or adversity transpired -- no offense to anyone else, but that person might be John Henderson, although there are other real solid choices too.[/QUOTE]

Steve,

I second that emotion. I think Hendy would make a fine OP.org representative.

Btw, Deeman.......that was pretty magnanimous of you to take one for the team:cool: . Nice job.

Bernie.

deerhunter

Verified Member
I would like to nominate John Brumback. He may not be noted for 1P but believe me, he plays it very well. There is no dispute that John is one of the best bankers in the world today. This would give him a chance to show that he is one of the best at 1P. :)

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
If I get a vote

If I get a vote

If I get a vote in this, then John H. would be my first choice with Steve as my second...

Bille

The Ghost was very complementary toward Mr. H.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wgcp said:
If I get a vote in this, then John H. would be my first choice with Steve as my second...

Bille

The Ghost was very complementary toward Mr. H.

Thank you Bille, I am already in. I would like to see Steve get to play.

I know we appreciate all he has done and continues doing, but this would shor it a little more.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
lll said:
i think it should be pointed out here that when the results were posted in the members section and Deeman graciously gave the entry ticket back to onepockt.org

Deeman, just saw this & have to say I have a lot of respect for people like you! You did something very kind with nothing expected in return. It's easy to like guys like you!

Lots of good posts & thoughts in this thread.

HollyatCSI

Hello Dear OnePocket.org members and fans :)

While you consider who you would like to represent your fine group, I wanted to update you on some info.

1. I will have by the end of this week the current list of those who have entered the 12th U.S. Open One Pocket Championship

2. Due to various reasons including prior engagements and reasons the following individuals have contacted me and sadly had to decline their invite spots: Shannon Daulton, Grady Mathews, Billy Incardona, Mike Sigel, Tang Hoa and Larry Nevel. Thought you would want to know.

Additionally, we've added another 1P qualifier in Texas April 16-17 at Bogies Billiards in Houston. I will add it to the qualifier list on the U.S. Open One Pocket page on the CSI site. The qualifiers kicked off last weekend for both the One Pocket event and the U.S. Open 10-Ball Championship. Between now and May 1st weekend there are several in both disciplines being held all over the U.S. and a 10-Ball in Canada.

For more information please visit www.playcsipool.com
If interested in either entering the event or if you have any questions please contact me either at holly@playcsipool.com or call 702-719-7665.

Peace to you all,
Holly

HollyatCSI

NH Steve said:
As I understand it, Shannon Daulton has a conflict that is an event in his own tour, so he has to give that priority.

It also may be that some of these players are already committed to going and might even have an entry fee paid already. On the one hand it would be good to have an additional player get the nod, but on the other hand, I'd like to give priority to simply the best choice of player to well represent OnePocket.org for us all.

I've heard Keith McCready is a member here too, and I accidentally omitted Artie from my opening post too :)

Not a member of OnePocket.org, (but are members of our HOF) but would be great to see them get in and they probably would otherwise not play in it, would be Squirrel Carpenter, Ed Kelley, Jack Cooney, Jimmy Fusco, Flyboy, or one of the other One Pocket HOF members.

As far as just from the point of view of a 100% gentleman who would represent us in a dignified manner no matter what distractions, libations or adversity transpired -- no offense to anyone else, but that person might be John Henderson, although there are other real solid choices too.

I must stay neutral, but there have been some fine and very deserving name mentioned. A few mentioned have already entered the tourney.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
HollyatCSI said:
I must stay neutral, but there have been some fine and very deserving name mentioned. A few mentioned have already entered the tourney.
if you could tell us who they are it might help getting someone to go that wasnt going:) :) :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Us Open One Pocket

Us Open One Pocket

Thanks to those supporting me, but I am already entered and paid up.

I would like to see someone play that would would not make it otherwise.