Who should OnePocket.org sponsor in to the US Open One Pocket?

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
The Viffer

The Viffer

But he has to bet a minimum of 10K a set, 5K a game, and 2K a ball on the difference in score each rack.

Is that legal?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Hey Artie,thanks for the compliments.I appreciate them.

Back to what you were talking about....I came up with this saying a while back and you made me think of It again..It goes like this..." some people are to smart to learn " I tell my buddy KC that all the time. hehehe

I'v been wanting to bring this up to you for sometime,but don't you think that bankpool and onepocket are quite a bit a like? I mean It's old school pool and alot of moving and takes alot of know how and experience. Learning the free shots and stuff like that. I love onepocket Artie and when I learn more about this computer and how to use the wei table I will get more involved. I'll trade some bank knowledge for some onepocket knowledge, with the folks on here.
Good day Artie,John B.

You do the wright thing. You answer when some one talks too you. And As far as I can see your untentions are very honest and real.

Andby what I have seen and herd you say. I would even have you give a decision for me . Because I fell that it would be fair and honest and not byess.

And By what you say I belive you would share your bank pool Knowleedge with the one pocket players. Witch comes from the heart. Because you love the game.

And I would put you in the honest catagory. And not too many people would be in that catagory.

Bank Pool is a different game then one pocket. Just like straight pool Eight ball and nine ball. Out off all the games One pocket has a part off all these games.

And one pocket is a thinking game. Bank pool is similer too nine ball because playing bank pool with 9 balls it becomes a shooting game.

Were the old style bank pool was played different. Unless you played like Taylor and Bugs. And they were also the best two bank pool players and one pocket players.

Witch is very rair. But the played both games great. Playing both games today. I dont see any player that would have beat them playing both games.

Eferine mite have been close in those two games. But I would have made Taylor and Bugs the favorites.

I no you play one pocket. And I dont no who playes better you or the goast.

But I am saying this as a gambler and a player. The gosat deserves too represent the one pocket. Because he has earned that chance. Not that you dont.

And he has done a lot for the game off one pocket. And if you can see what I am saying. I think you will agree.

And it gives the goast a good feeling that he was suportat by his members.

And I feel that he is intitled too it. I dont no who is going to be the person too go. Whoever it is I hope they win. And I feel that the hall off fame player s should have priority..

How would you feel if the picket a one pocket player to take your place in the bank pool tournemet. I think you can see what I am saying.

Makes sense . But whatever happines will happen. And I just gave my opinion. Nothing personal.

Because we realy dont no each other. Its just my opinion off how I feel. And If you do go I wish you the best off luck. And I no you will play youre heart out.Just like the Goast.

markgriffin

Verified Member
I have read every post. I like the amount of discussion that this is causing.

Over 100 posts and close to 1500 views- wow!!

I am glad to be able to be a part of all of this.

My only request is to have some 'method' where those members of this forum can have a short meet & greet. I can provide the place if someone will coordinate it. It could be right after the players meeting or similar.

Mark griffin

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You do the wright thing. You answer when some one talks too you. And As far as I can see your untentions are very honest and real.

Andby what I have seen and herd you say. I would even have you give a decision for me . Because I fell that it would be fair and honest and not byess.

And By what you say I belive you would share your bank pool Knowleedge with the one pocket players. Witch comes from the heart. Because you love the game.

And I would put you in the honest catagory. And not too many people would be in that catagory.

Bank Pool is a different game then one pocket. Just like straight pool Eight ball and nine ball. Out off all the games One pocket has a part off all these games.

And one pocket is a thinking game. Bank pool is similer too nine ball because playing bank pool with 9 balls it becomes a shooting game.

Were the old style bank pool was played different. Unless you played like Taylor and Bugs. And they were also the best two bank pool players and one pocket players.

Witch is very rair. But the played both games great. Playing both games today. I dont see any player that would have beat them playing both games.

Eferine mite have been close in those two games. But I would have made Taylor and Bugs the favorites.

I no you play one pocket. And I dont no who playes better you or the goast.

But I am saying this as a gambler and a player. The gosat deserves too represent the one pocket. Because he has earned that chance. Not that you dont.

And he has done a lot for the game off one pocket. And if you can see what I am saying. I think you will agree.

And it gives the goast a good feeling that he was suportat by his members.

And I feel that he is intitled too it. I dont no who is going to be the person too go. Whoever it is I hope they win. And I feel that the hall off fame player s should have priority..

How would you feel if the picket a one pocket player to take your place in the bank pool tournemet. I think you can see what I am saying.

Makes sense . But whatever happines will happen. And I just gave my opinion. Nothing personal.

Because we realy dont no each other. Its just my opinion off how I feel. And If you do go I wish you the best off luck. And I no you will play youre heart out.Just like the Goast.

Artie.....Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get it together to go to the Vegas One Pocket tournament....but thank you for strongly supporting me.

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
We can't go wrong.

We can't go wrong.

Deeman said:
Artie,

I think many of the guys would be excellent representatives but clearly John B. Is the most skilled professional we have exchanges with here and will be a great player, banks, one pocket or other games.

yes, there are many fine one pocket Hal of Famers but this is now and John, to me, represents the best talent we have now. I agree, the Ghost is another fine choice as was John H. But we have to wrap this thing up and I'll ask Steve to survey the responses and make a choice.

DeeMan

I have been a member here on One Pocket.Org for almost four years, and this i'm about to say is from my heart. Our regular posters are to me very special people, and intelligence is is not a lacking attribute that they share. At times it amazes me how and why they put up with the professionals overbearing opinions, but they have the patience and understanding of things that everyone should want to have. And this I admire and respect from all of you. With this understanding I think that whomever makes the choice on who our representative should be, whether it's by Steve, Deeman, or a consensus of opinion we can't go wrong. I'm sure whomever our representative is we will be represented in a positive way, regardless of how well they play, or finish. :)

From my perspective we have the best site on the internet, in terms of learning and entertainment available. And we also have the greatest group of people to share our sometimes strange perspectives with, I again thank everyone for your understanding, and hope that we continue to go forward.

Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
As Ghost suggested, I haven't been on the site for 36 hours or so. I have relations visiting from Arkansas, and the grand daugthers are sleeping in my den.:eek: Lou was kind enough to phone me this A.M. to let me know that the decision had not been made yet as to whom to give the free entry; and that my name had come up.

I can't accept. If I'd have known a month ago that my name would have come up by default, I might have made plane reservations...:D Just joking.

Actually Mark Griffin had Emailed me to see if I was going to play. I told him that I'd decided not to play, but did toy with the idea of going out for the after hours action at the pool rooms, and to hang out with Artie a little. But the expense and hassle of that convinced me to skip it this year. I won't be going to the DCC next winter, so I very likely might go to the next year's U.S. Open 1P event instead (warm weather, no flu bugs).

To reiterate my post earlier in this thread, I strongly recommend John Brumback. There just isn't a nicer guy on our forum, and he also plays better than most of us.

I can see some of y'all's point about selecting a regular, long time poster from 1p.o, but John HAS been a regular poster since he joined up prior to this past DCC. For that matter it wouldn't be untoward to designate anyone who's in our HOF, whether they post or not.

But in my view, John B. is the perfect choice to represent onepocket.org in this wonderful U.S. Open One Pocket event.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve seems we have heard from most of the players mentioned.
now its up to DeeMan to give john b. the "popes " blessing:)
i do think a stipulation should be he has to wear a onepocket.org shirt to all his official matches:D :rolleyes:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Artie.....Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get it together to go to the Vegas One Pocket tournament....but thank you for strongly supporting me.

- Ghost[/QUOTE

I support you and I dont realy even no you. But I have read your onepocket posts and you have a good understanding off the game. And its not because I think you should win the tournement.

But you are a onepocket player. And too me that is the kind off person that should represent the one pocket hall off fame. I no youre not a world champion and I also no and see what you have done and said about the game.

Witch is one pocket. And even your conversation will be more about one pocket. Not Bank pool. And above whatever anyone says too me it does not count.

Its not up to the people too make the decision If its not going too be a decision that is desirving. And you Desirve it because what you represent one pocket.

And something like this does not show up all the time but it has. And the person whoes ticket it is should pick the person. Because its his ticket.

Or a one pocket suporter should go and you but in a lot off years and deserve it.

And as I see it a perfessional opinion is over a amature opinion. And if people dont belibve that either. Then the world realy needs help.

Because in life If I want a opinion on something I go to the best profesional thier is. No matter what Field. Doctors Buissness men. Or even setting up a monet plan for your retirement.

Have a real perfessionale do it. If you dont. You will see that it was a big mistake not doing that.

In life you ask people who have the correct answer. You dont go by 100 different opinions. A real Perfessional will give you the best advice and answer.

And if its a doctor I would get 2 or 3 opinions. And dont listen too what people say. Some people have a answer for everything.

A person qualified ans a real professinal will have the correct answer. And thats were I go too find whatever answer I am looking for.

And I am sorry that you cannot make it. Because I no your heart ie truly in the game off one pocket. And I would no change my opinion what I said.

And If thier is no hall off fame player that wants too represent the one pocket site.

Then I say give it too John. Unless Freddy would go then I would take Freddy not because he is my friend. But because he desirves it more.

And people havant even looket at that part off it. Who realy deserves it.

And If thier is a one pocket player that deserves it more then I say give to the one pocket player.

This is a unusuale surcumstance. This does not happen all the time. And just like the people in life . They excepte whatever happines. Or dont even care..

But I say what I see and feel. I am not a person that goes along wiith the program or rules. Because thats what they are.

If they are incorrect then they need too be changed. And people dont have too agree. Most people agree because they think its the nice thing too do.

And a lot off people wont realy say what they want and hold it inside or never say ir.

Well if you have something too say say it. Expressing youreself and letting it out is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Some people hold it inside themselves for ever. And I learned if you dont say it what you want too say. Nobody will no. And people play that game thier whole life. Even with thier families.

Its better to let things out then and how you feel. Even they people that you say it too will feel better. Because you are open and sicere.

And being closed and shut down is not being honest too yourself.

But It looks Like You will be the player that will represent one pocket at the Us Open.

In case you win it I will never her the end off this. Good luck and I hope you play youre best game. I no you always play too win. And you give it all you can.

You have the support off the whole site and I am with you also. I will always be on the team my players are on.

Enjoy your trip. And I think you will havbe a real pourpose too give it all you have.

And who knowes you might Flip and One pocket might become your new favorite game.

Deeman

Verified Member
lll said:
steve seems we have heard from most of the players mentioned.
now its up to DeeMan to give john b. the "popes " blessing:)
i do think a stipulation should be he has to wear a onepocket.org shirt to all his official matches:D :rolleyes:

I do not care how we do this, Steve making a decision based on the overall feedback, which I judge to be John B. At this point. I appreciate both Ghost's and Doc making their plans clear as others have. Also, thanks to Billy for his input as well as everyone, including Artie.

I asked Steve to announce the decision by acclaimation or hold a vote, his choice so the player can make his plans.

I did ask at the start or this that the selected player wear a onepocket.org shirt in at least the first match, of course, if that person is a Pro with sponsors, he can just incorporate a patch if wearing a shirt violates his sponsor's rights.

thanks to all for the help in this.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I have been a member here on One Pocket.Org for almost four years, and this i'm about to say is from my heart. Our regular posters are to me very special people, and intelligence is is not a lacking attribute that they share. At times it amazes me how and why they put up with the professionals overbearing opinions, but they have the patience and understanding of things that everyone should want to have. And this I admire and respect from all of you. With this understanding I think that whomever makes the choice on who our representative should be, whether it's by Steve, Deeman, or a consensus of opinion we can't go wrong. I'm sure whomever our representative is we will be represented in a positive way, regardless of how well they play, or finish. :)

From my perspective we have the best site on the internet, in terms of learning and entertainment available. And we also have the greatest group of people to share our sometimes strange perspectives with, I again thank everyone for your understanding, and hope that we continue to go forward.

Billy I.

Well said as usual Billy. You are perfectly right, how they perform is not an issue just that they make their best attempt and enjoy the experience for all onepocket.org members.

DeeMan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Deeman said:
I do not care how we do this, Steve making a decision based on the overall feedback, which I judge to be John B. At this point. I appreciate both Ghost's and Doc making their plans clear as others have. Also, thanks to Billy for his input as well as everyone, including Artie.

I asked Steve to announce the decision by acclaimation or hold a vote, his choice so the player can make his plans.

I did ask at the start or this that the selected player wear a onepocket.org shirt in at least the first match, of course, if that person is a Pro with sponsors, he can just incorporate a patch if wearing a shirt violates his sponsor's rights.

DeeMan
DeeMan
you still are the man:)
and you deserve to bask in some kudos for a while
hope you get "lucky " with DeeWoman on your trip:) :) :)
Larry

John Brumback

Verified Member
Deeman said:

DeeMan

If I were to be chosen,I would be very proud to ware a patch or shrit every match I play. Thank you sir for the chance.John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
If I were to be chosen,I would be very proud to ware a patch or shrit every match I play. Thank you sir for the chance.John B.[/QUOTE

I dont think thier is anybody else left. And thier doesnt have too be a vote. Because its pretty unamouis Joh has a lock.

Thier is nothing left to say. And play the tournement. And hope john Surprises everyone and wins. And he has the whole group and team pulling for him.

And Im sure that John would rather win then anyone. Because he is a player and a competator. And he knowes how too win. THats been proven.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
If I were to be chosen,I would be very proud to ware a patch or shrit every match I play. Thank you sir for the chance.John B.[/QUOTE

I dont think thier is anybody else left. And thier doesnt have too be a vote. Because its pretty unamouis Joh has a lock.

Thier is nothing left to say. And play the tournement. And hope john Surprises everyone and wins. And he has the whole group and team pulling for him.

And Im sure that John would rather win then anyone. Because he is a player and a competator. And he knowes how too win. THats been proven.
artie since you are in vegas
and you are one of us
maybe you could slip a couple of "pearls" of wisdom to john and not cost him$30,000.00 or whatever your going rate is

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost[/QUOTE

I support you and I dont realy even no you. But I have read your onepocket posts and you have a good understanding off the game. And its not because I think you should win the tournement.

But you are a onepocket player. And too me that is the kind off person that should represent the one pocket hall off fame. I no youre not a world champion and I also no and see what you have done and said about the game.

Witch is one pocket. And even your conversation will be more about one pocket. Not Bank pool. And above whatever anyone says too me it does not count.

Its not up to the people too make the decision If its not going too be a decision that is desirving. And you Desirve it because what you represent one pocket.

And something like this does not show up all the time but it has. And the person whoes ticket it is should pick the person. Because its his ticket.

Or a one pocket suporter should go and you but in a lot off years and deserve it.

And as I see it a perfessional opinion is over a amature opinion. And if people dont belibve that either. Then the world realy needs help.

Because in life If I want a opinion on something I go to the best profesional thier is. No matter what Field. Doctors Buissness men. Or even setting up a monet plan for your retirement.

Have a real perfessionale do it. If you dont. You will see that it was a big mistake not doing that.

In life you ask people who have the correct answer. You dont go by 100 different opinions. A real Perfessional will give you the best advice and answer.

And if its a doctor I would get 2 or 3 opinions. And dont listen too what people say. Some people have a answer for everything.

A person qualified ans a real professinal will have the correct answer. And thats were I go too find whatever answer I am looking for.

And I am sorry that you cannot make it. Because I no your heart ie truly in the game off one pocket. And I would no change my opinion what I said.

And If thier is no hall off fame player that wants too represent the one pocket site.

Then I say give it too John. Unless Freddy would go then I would take Freddy not because he is my friend. But because he desirves it more.

And people havant even looket at that part off it. Who realy deserves it.

And If thier is a one pocket player that deserves it more then I say give to the one pocket player.

This is a unusuale surcumstance. This does not happen all the time. And just like the people in life . They excepte whatever happines. Or dont even care..

But I say what I see and feel. I am not a person that goes along wiith the program or rules. Because thats what they are.

If they are incorrect then they need too be changed. And people dont have too agree. Most people agree because they think its the nice thing too do.

And a lot off people wont realy say what they want and hold it inside or never say ir.

Well if you have something too say say it. Expressing youreself and letting it out is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Some people hold it inside themselves for ever. And I learned if you dont say it what you want too say. Nobody will no. And people play that game thier whole life. Even with thier families.

Its better to let things out then and how you feel. Even they people that you say it too will feel better. Because you are open and sicere.

And being closed and shut down is not being honest too yourself.

But It looks Like You will be the player that will represent one pocket at the Us Open.

In case you win it I will never her the end off this. Good luck and I hope you play youre best game. I no you always play too win. And you give it all you can.

You have the support off the whole site and I am with you also. I will always be on the team my players are on.

Enjoy your trip. And I think you will havbe a real pourpose too give it all you have.

And who knowes you might Flip and One pocket might become your new favorite game.

So then I guess it's safe to assume this is not a Straight-Pool tournament???:D :D :D

Artie, how did you spell one pocket correctly 12 times in one post? You are getting betting sir:) .

Dennis

Deeman

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:

Artie,

I talked to John a few minutes after a rare loss at Derby City this year and he was as enthusiastic about accepting my congratulations as if he had won. I think you are correct, the overwhelming support I have seen is for him and unless Steve would insist on a vote, which I don't think he will, John is the choice of the bulk or our little group here.

Good luck and good shooting John!

DeeMan

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well, I couldn't be more proud of the way all of you handled this -- absolutely great points by so many people. And good healthy differences of opinion without anyone jumping of any bridges (or heaving anyone else off). Obviously, part of what made it tough was we have a lot of good players that would be good at representing OnePocket.org on here. I think this is something we are going to want to do every year -- it's great to have your own horse in a marquee race!

Without further ado, let's all get behind the OnePocket.org sponsored player in the upcoming US Open One Pocket, two time Derby City Banks champion, and 2009 Derby City All-Around Champion, our own Banks Hall of Fame member, JOHN BRUMBACK.

Thank you for making this happen, Deeman, and many thanks to all of the members that contributed to this discussion!

lfigueroa

Verified Member
markgriffin said:
I have read every post. I like the amount of discussion that this is causing.

Over 100 posts and close to 1500 views- wow!!

I am glad to be able to be a part of all of this.

My only request is to have some 'method' where those members of this forum can have a short meet & greet. I can provide the place if someone will coordinate it. It could be right after the players meeting or similar.

Mark griffin

Mark, we are getting together, right before the player's meeting:

http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4954

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Well, I couldn't be more proud of the way all of you handled this -- absolutely great points by so many people. And good healthy differences of opinion without anyone jumping of any bridges (or heaving anyone else off). Obviously, part of what made it tough was we have a lot of good players that would be good at representing OnePocket.org on here. I think this is something we are going to want to do every year -- it's great to have your own horse in a marquee race!

Without further ado, let's all get behind the OnePocket.org sponsored player in the upcoming US Open One Pocket, two time Derby City Banks champion, and 2009 Derby City All-Around Champion, our own Banks Hall of Fame member, JOHN BRUMBACK.

Thank you for making this happen, Deeman, and many thanks to all of the members that contributed to this discussion!

After all the open discussion and give and take I'm good with it.

John, can I sign you up for the dinner Wednesday night?

http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4954

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
So then I guess it's safe to assume this is not a Straight-Pool tournament???:D :D :D

Artie, how did you spell one pocket correctly 12 times in one post? You are getting betting sir:) .

Dennis[/QUOTE

This is not the game 14 1 countinous. And the only thing left too continuie is the playing off the game. When a sucker gets lucky a player doesnt have a chance.

John is a winner and a class act. And has shown his profesinioal caracter.
Win or loose . We are all part off you. And nothing can change that.

And The decision was handeled like real Adults.