US Open 1Pocket Dinner

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
I've never been to the place but can you ask if they have a partitioned area( I don't mean the banquet room) you guys can be seated at? Maybe a couple of tables close by so everyone can talk,etc without bothering others or being too far apart? Just a thought.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
P00lh0li0 said:
I've never been to the place but can you ask if they have a partitioned area( I don't mean the banquet room) you guys can be seated at? Maybe a couple of tables close by so everyone can talk,etc without bothering others or being too far apart? Just a thought.

Yes, I've thought of that and will check. Maybe we can get SJD to stand up and tell a story.

Lou Figueroa

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
lfigueroa said:
Yes, I've thought of that and will check. Maybe we can get SJD to stand up and tell a story.

Lou Figueroa

Nice meeting you yesterday. Been up all night but if I get a little sleep, I ll be there today. Are you going to ask for a story from SJD before or after drinks?

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
Scrzbill said:
Nice meeting you yesterday. Been up all night but if I get a little sleep, I ll be there today. Are you going to ask for a story from SJD before or after drinks?

It's Vegas. Aren't we supposed to drink all the time?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
It's Vegas. Aren't we supposed to drink all the time?

Roy, if you've never been you would have no way to know this, but when you get off the plane in Vegas they issue you your very own drinking glass and show girl for the duration of your trip. In Dick's case they might just hook him up to an IV :)

Lou Figueroa
I kid
I kid

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
lfigueroa said:
Roy, if you've never been you would have no way to know this, but when you get off the plane in Vegas they issue you your very own drinking glass and show girl for the duration of your trip. In Dick's case they might just hook him up to an IV :)

Lou Figueroa
I kid
I kid

Since I don't drink, can I get two showgirls? Not that one wouldn't be too many.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
There is never any "before" or "after" drinks with Dick. It's just "drinks".;)

Doc

SJD I think all theese people should buy you a bottle off your favorite drink.

Because you desirve it. and you have spent enough money buying your own drinks.

And you have smartend them up long enough. Its time they make a move.

And the goast owes you a hole case. He keeps calling you papie like he knowes you.

He should show papie some clas and respect a clasick. And do the wright thing. After all if he would drink I no you would do that for him.

But you no what they say about the Chicago Squeeze. Its a little bit tite.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Dinner

Dinner

Thanks for the invite but I won't be making the dinner. Had a change of plans.

Good luck to everyone playing in the touranment.

JoeyA

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
onepocketchump said:
Originally Posted by onepocketchump
um, not quite. Eric came up to do his big "challenge" and you and the others had seated yourselves right there to witness the "event".

We didn't talk about various things. We talked about me, and you insisted I only criticize Justis and I protested that that is not true and you claimed it is and Fred had to correct you. When I left the conversation such as it was it was then it because I had to work. I was at work after all and I was being called over to talk to a dealer who had been waiting to speak to me.

So call it what you will but if you and the others were just coincidentally there and all seated with front row seats at just the random moment that Eric decided to make his historic challenge I suggest you all buy lottery tickets because you're the luckiest people on Earth.

And regardless of how you particularly ended up there, YOU were the one getting argumentative about things and not me. I just said your characterization was not fair or accurate.
It has been brought to my attention that this wonderful thread somehow has my name in it, so I feel I need to respond for some insane reason.

When JimBo, Lou and I were in the Fury booth with John Barton, the discussion was civil. There was slight heat, but nothing out of hand. I was mostly behind a curtain because I got a phone call. Matt from Sterling can attest to that since he was wondering what lunatic was lurking behind his curtain.

The Eric incident did NOT happen while I was at the booth unless it happened while I was behind the curtain. And if Lou doesn't remember it, then he may have walked in just after it happened (which is what I did). I was told about the incident. I walked into the booth after Jim had already sat down. John and Jim were sitting down. John was not off trying to get to a dealer.

I've attached the photo I took of the bizarrely calm situation.

Regards,

Fred Agnir

Attachments

• IMG00157 (Large).jpg
    IMG00157 (Large).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cornerman said:
It has been brought to my attention that this wonderful thread somehow has my name in it, so I feel I need to respond for some insane reason.

When JimBo, Lou and I were in the Fury booth with John Barton, the discussion was civil. There was slight heat, but nothing out of hand. I was mostly behind a curtain because I got a phone call. Matt from Sterling can attest to that since he was wondering what lunatic was lurking behind his curtain.

The Eric incident did NOT happen while I was at the booth unless it happened while I was behind the curtain. And if Lou doesn't remember it, then he may have walked in just after it happened (which is what I did). I was told about the incident. I walked into the booth after Jim had already sat down. John and Jim were sitting down. John was not off trying to get to a dealer.

Regards,

Fred Agnir

I dont no these players it would help to put thier names on top off the picture or on the bottom off the pistures. By the way the sit and look .

I would say the love action. And thier body language is very relaxed, THey lookl like they would bet pretty good.

And they are both sitting in a very relaxte position. And the are thier too play and gamble. Not too socialize. But I dont no either one off them. But that is what I see.

And they look like thier all buisness. But I am just a outsider looking in. May the best man win. If thier is a game.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cornerman said:

Regards,

Fred Agnir

I dont no these players it would help to put thier names on top off the picture or on the bottom off the pistures. By the way the sit and look .

I would say the love action. And thier body language is very relaxed, THey lookl like they would bet pretty good.

And they are both sitting in a very relaxte position. And the are thier too play and gamble. Not too socialize. But I dont no either one off them. But that is what I see.

And they look like thier all buisness. But I am just a outsider looking in. May the best man win. If thier is a game.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Cornerman said:

Regards,

Fred Agnir

Yeah, that's how they were when I stumbled into the booth. Everything was cool. I think Eric had just been there, previous to my arrival, because what I think happened was THAT was the subject that threw John into a fit. We started talking about it and John claimed that *from the start* of his tiff on the internet with Eric -- he had said he would not play him. Jimbo and I looked at each other for a split second and then both of us said at the same time: ummmm, no, I don't remember that -- that's not the way it happened. John got hot and walked away.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

They're booth killers :)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
OK, so just to recap, currently we got:

Fast Lenny
John Hendersen
Roy "Da Norweigan Locksmith"
Bernie Pettipiece
The Duck
and Moi

Lou Figueroa

Eric.

lfigueroa said:
Yeah, that's how they were when I stumbled into the booth. Everything was cool. I think Eric had just been there, previous to my arrival, because what I think happened was THAT was the subject that threw John into a fit. We started talking about it and John claimed that *from the start* of his tiff on the internet with Eric -- he had said he would not play him. Jimbo and I looked at each other for a split second and then both of us said at the same time: ummmm, no, I don't remember that -- that's not the way it happened. John got hot and walked away.

Lou Figueroa

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=173113

Eric >in writing