Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
jrhendy said:
Alex may not be able to reach it but I am going to masse and make the one.

Easier than it looks (I think).
Easier because the side rail is going to assist you, correct?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jrhendy said:
Alex may not be able to reach it but I am going to masse and make the one.

Easier than it looks (I think).
This is a very tough situation that Alex is confronted with here, to say the least. Your right about the masse being an option, but I don't believe Alex or for that matter anyone could reach it considering the placement of the balls. I would have to make Gabe a favorite in this game, but these Pinoy's have been known to come up with the strangest shots when they need to.

He may end up drawing off the 14 ball, a shot that looks sorta haphazard, but heck, whatta ya goin to do?

Billy I.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Fast Lenny said:
I guess I would shoot the 8 into the 3 moving them in play on my side and drawing my rock into the 1 ball.

This is exactly what I would do in this spot also....:cool:

Nice post

Dud

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I believe this might be doable ? Have to be standing over it to be sure. :)

Also possible to draw off the 8 ball and move 7&8 balls.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 2, Alex is up 1-0 in games and 5-2 in balls. It's his shot. What would you do?

View attachment 2837

View attachment 2838

This is a toudg spot you can draw off the 14 ball and make the ball in gabs pocket. And play from thier and you will stillbe on defense.

Or you can gamble and run out and win the game you have a two way shot and Alex is no more then a 3 to 2 dog too make a ball and win the game.

Or you can play some safe shoots witch are noo garanties to be safe.

He got himself in a real bad spot Alex.

The two way shot is Banking the 4 ball to his pocket. And the cue ball will hit the nine ball into the eight ball and make the 7 ball.

I shoot the shot with a little high right follow and the cue ball will go too the side rail.

Accross the table ton the other side off the table.

And the nine ball will go to about a dimondand a half on youre side off the table.

And if you make the four or the 7 ball you will have position too run out.

If not the 4 and the 7 ball should end up by your pocket and the nine ball should be closee too yhe rail on youre side too.

The balls lat very good for this shot. And its not a real bad sell out shot.

If you no what you are doing. Because Alex is in big trouble. Ot you could hit the 14 ball thine and lock up the 3 and 14 and he wont hane much too shoot at.

Excepte the stripe ball by his pocket. When you trap yourself you have too do something too get back in the game.

You cannot jusy hand it too him.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im not good at masse:(
i think you have to make the 5 for your opponent:D
so here is my shot
i move some balls up table (im ahead in the score so thats ok)
cb1.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This shot seems to me to be the best choice in this bad situation >>>

I believe I would shoot the 11 into the right side of the 1ball (as we're viewing it) making the 1ball - the 11ball then caroming up parallel to the long rail a diamond or two - and softly drawing the cueball up against the 8 and 9balls, or having the cueball go forward instead, down to the bottom rail - possibly clipping the 7 or 8ball along the way.

- Ghost

PS, And it's an even better shot for a left handed player - then it wouldn't be that difficult at all I don't believe.

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Let's just pretend moving the 8/3 and drawing the rock into the 1 can't all be done in one shot :) like my eyes tell me. To draw the cue into the 1 it looks like the 8 would miss the 3 totally.

Drawing off the 14 looks like the best shot. You can fly at the 14 two-railer and be guaranteed to knock a ball out of play in the likely event the 14 is not pocketed. Pocketing the 1 with a shot like this is not tough if you practice caroms ;)

BTW Dennis, Gabe must've really screwed the pooch missing the 1 ball in the previous shot :D

Edit to remark that I like Ghost's idea, although I don't think I would have quite the feathery touch to snuggle up on the 8, 9 or 3 balls. It looks to me like you would need to use one of those to slow the cue ball's path.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
whats wrong with this???

This is a shot for the Doctor. Take the Doctors advice and dont shoot before he gives the answer.

You are looking for a answer that will work for this shot. Call Double 911 or waite for the Doctor too show up.

Dp not shoot this shot before consulting with your doctor. May be hazererd too your health.

Incase off a panick attack. By shooting this shot. Go outside imediatly and

Go wright in the ambulance and a straight jacket will be waithing for you. In case off short breath stop breathing amd save you Oxegen.

I will put out a SOSS for the Doctor. You have a serious case off Mentale disfunction.

Lay on the floor and relax your arms too the isde and dont breath or get excited. And waite for Doctor No to show up.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
senor said:
BTW Dennis, Gabe must've really screwed the pooch missing the 1 ball in the previous shot :D
Well I wasn't going to bring it up Senor because we all miss and I didn't want to be accused of picking on him, but as long as you brought it up here it is:p :

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket Ghost said:

I believe I would shoot the 11 into the right side of the 1ball (as we're viewing it) making the 1ball - the 11ball then caroming up parallel to the long rail a diamond or two - and softly drawing the cueball up against the 8 and 9balls, or having the cueball go forward instead, down to the bottom rail - possibly clipping the 7 or 8ball along the way.

- Ghost

PS, And it's an even better shot for a left handed player - then it wouldn't be that difficult at all I don't believe.
Like this -- looks good to me if I could do it

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-20_07-31-50.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-20_07-31-50.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

If you do not hit the one going in, the deep shelf on a diamond will make it hang up.

I still like the masse. Maybe a prop shot for next week in Mtn View?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
NH Steve said:
Like this -- looks good to me if I could do it

Yeah, Steve, that's my shot.

jrhendy said:
If you do not hit the one going in, the deep shelf on a diamond will make it hang up.

I still like the masse. Maybe a prop shot for next week in Mtn View?

John....I agree that the masse' is the best shot - providing that the 11ball's not too close to the cueball, and that the shooter has the skills to make it...I couldn't choose that shot because my masse' shooting is not that assured.....this is no prop bet for us next week, but we'll have fun doing something together...:)

- Ghosty