Buddy Vs Jones #?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
[/QUOTE

Howe are you hitting um John. Ronnie said he is hitting em real sporty.

I guess he did he beat Clark 5 ahead real fast. I didnt think Ronnie could win.

But he must be playing at lleast 40% off his old game. Ony Ronnie knowes.I hope we can play some kind off partner game.

Somebody will do something.[/QUOTE]

I have not been playing much but have a three day tournament next week to try and get ready for Las Vegas. I also have a gambling match set up with Little Al Romero sometime during the tournament. I will either be ready or busted.:eek:

Ronny played good cause in his mind he had way the best of it. And you know how important that is. He was getting 9/7 from a guy who plays even with Harry Platis. Not knocking Harry or Carl's game, but you or I can play either one of them. Do you think Carl could give you or me 9/7? I don't think so. We would play good too.

I told Billy we could play a short race partner game for $500 a man. Just enough to pay attention and have a little fun. He wanted Ronny to play mum pool but that is impossible. You are right though, no coaching.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Larry, this is the position you initially showed, but there is a slight problem with the picture. There are only 14 visible balls that we can see. But there are actually 15 balls on the table. Many times that one ball that is not shown can make a difference in the shot selection. I'm assuming that you have the ability to show the entire table, if so the entire table shown would be better for evaluating shots.

Billy I.
billy
my bad:eek:
ive tried to show the "big picture"
but also show the close ups so everyone can see the angles
you must agree so far its been "mistake free onepocket"
im curious when we get towards the end do you all think it was a "bad roll" or a mistake that cost the game:confused:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Its hard too see thesee angles and what numbers the balls are.I would shoor the 3 ball two rails too the second dimond and it witll hit the stripe ball and I have a chance too make a ball and if I miss He will be by the end rail doubled up with nothing too shoot.

One little role and its 8 and out. Or he can snoot the ball he is close too and shoot it into the nine ball and bring the cue ball accross the table too the irst dimond on the end rail.

And Buddy will be in real bad spot. This is another free shot too run out.

Or you can bank the 8 ball intoo the stripe ball and follow the cue ball too the rail.

The easuest shot is the second shoot. Shooting the closest ball and controling the cue ball. And the object ball.

THe strongest shot is the first shot too run out. But something will give or happen real soon.

Or I cant see the angle real good its tootough cut the ball real thin and but the cue ball by about the half a dimond and lock him up behind the stripe ball on the bottom rail.

But its hard too see the angle off the ball were the cue ball is.

I like your second shot. Shoot the ball closest to the cue ball and try to move balls close to your pocket, but play cue ball where you suggested to the top rail and doubling up your opponent. It's the best shot because like you said it's the easiest shot to control the cue ball off of.

Your other shots are also good shots that carry a higher degree of difficulty in controlling the cue ball. In this spot since you don't figure to make a ball regardless of which shot you choose, cue ball control must be your main concern.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
billy
my bad:eek:
ive tried to show the "big picture"
but also show the close ups so everyone can see the angles
you must agree so far its been "mistake free onepocket"
im curious when we get towards the end do you all think it was a "bad roll" or a mistake that cost the game:confused:

Thank you for replying, but now you understand the importance of showing all the balls, particularly in situations that certain balls are important because of the situation.
I hope that made some sense.:)

Yes this is a very well played game by both players, especially by Buddy. His cue ball control is superb. Your watching the best when you watch Buddy play, in terms of controlling the cue ball. Buddy can shoot the 2nd. or 3rd. best option and make it look like the best option when he's done. Which brings me to the point of having confidence in what you do. You will get better results shooting the wrong shot with confidence, than you will shooting the right shot with hesitation.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I like your second shot. Shoot the ball closest to the cue ball and try to move balls close to your pocket, but play cue ball where you suggested to the top rail and doubling up your opponent. It's the best shot because like you said it's the easiest shot to control the cue ball off of.

Your other shots are also good shots that carry a higher degree of difficulty in controlling the cue ball. In this spot since you don't figure to make a ball regardless of which shot you choose, cue ball control must be your main concern.

Billy I.

Thats the key because in this situation one little mistake will cost you the game.

It goes back too what I said Control the cue ball and the object ball.

People dont realize what a big part that plays in the game.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
heres how he left it
jeremy's shot
View attachment 2840
A heck of a battle, and just look at the table -- all fifteen balls spread out, none touching each other, none touching a rail and only a couple even past the side pocket! Talk about a dangerous situation for both players.

If we think of a One Pocket game like a chess game, with your opening moves, middle game and end game, I guess this would be a classic safety battle in the middle at this point, due to the spread of the balls, even though nobody has scored anything at this point. Once one of these guys scores, they should about get out, doncha think?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Thank you for replying, but now you understand the importance of showing all the balls, particularly in situations that certain balls are important because of the situation.
I hope that made some sense.:)

Yes this is a very well played game by both players, especially by Buddy. His cue ball control is superb. Your watching the best when you watch Buddy play, in terms of controlling the cue ball. Buddy can shoot the 2nd. or 3rd. best option and make it look like the best option when he's done. Which brings me to the point of having confidence in what you do. You will get better results shooting the wrong shot with confidence, than you will shooting the right shot with hesitation.

Billy I.
yes billy
all you post makes scence to me:)
i am a beleiver in the concept of the shot you can execute is the best shot FOR YOU. even if its not the best shot.
ideally we want to improve our skills so we can execute the best shot
you live in florida??
pm me where and a way to contact you
maybe we can work out a way to get me to the next level:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
These view angles are hard to know for sure what clears or not, but it looks dead natural for Jeremy to drop the cue ball to the bottom rail behind that stripe on the rail -- assuming he can see the full half of the stripe I've drawn him caroming off. Also, the stripe I am trying to fall behind (10 ball?) is in the ideal "big ball" position as a blocker -- just under a ball's width off the bottom rail.

One of those multi ball combos you guys are suggesting might get more done, but I would need to feel real sure of where the cue ball is going, with so much at stake.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-19_19-49-35.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-19_19-49-35.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would like too add a little bit off info. At the end off the shots once we have disected the shot inside out.

Can someone post what the best shot whould be in that situation for the learners.

ITs Cruciale and will help if someone wants too go back and look up a sitiation for that knid off shot.

Or maybe even number them and put them in catagoy. I just think it would be better organized.

But what do I no. I was born in poland in a wagon with Bombs falling. I couldnt have knowen too much.

But I out ran the nuts thier. A lot off people cant sat that.

But it would be better organized. Not that I am. Because I even lost my phone book. Thats how well organized I am.

But we do have some pretty sharp people on her that can do almost everything.

Its up too someone who knowes and can do it.

I haven't offered any shot selections, Artie, because I cannot see angles well enough in these pics. They are 2-d like and I need to be at the table and then I could tell everyone exactly the correct shot for optimal results.

That was a joke. Since reading some of your posts over and over, I have begun to study WWII and especially the Normandy Invasion. If I had to play one-pocket with you I would feel like a nazi looking out across the channel that morning --"Yikes, I didn't know there was that many ships in the world"

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
These view angles are hard to know for sure what clears or not, but it looks dead natural for Jeremy to drop the cue ball to the bottom rail behind that stripe on the rail -- assuming he can see the full half of the stripe I've drawn him caroming off. Also, the stripe I am trying to fall behind (10 ball?) is in the ideal "big ball" position as a blocker -- just under a ball's width off the bottom rail.

One of those multi ball combos you guys are suggesting might get more done, but I would need to feel real sure of where the cue ball is going, with so much at stake.
i think many of the b/c/d/ players feel intimitated to speak their peace
its never stopped me:D
all you guys lurking tell us how you see it
we will be the first to tell you what a supid shot that was:D
but it teaches the pros and cons of shots

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:

If you can hit that ball then that is the best shot. Look out for the kiss. But that Shot will get it done.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Steve's shot should work, assuming that the stripe closest to the CB is not in his way. However, he can send the CB to the same place by shooting thru the stripe nearest the long rail (14?), with the added advantage that he can send a ball to his side of the table.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
vapros said:
Steve's shot should work, assuming that the stripe closest to the CB is not in his way. However, he can send the CB to the same place by shooting thru the stripe nearest the long rail (14?), with the added advantage that he can send a ball to his side of the table.

Going off te ball were he is shooting from if he can get that angle and but him behind the ten ball thats great.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Steve's shot would be it for me if it's possible. Artie's suggestion to bank the 8 and follow to the rail makes the most sense to me if Steve can't see the shot he's goin' for. I don't understand what Artie is doing with the 3 ball in his first suggestion. Are you kicking 2 rails at it? I see the three ball above the 2 ball above the 14 near Jeremy's pocket. Is there a 3 ball somewhere else on the table?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well jeremy went off the stripe and tried a muti ball combo with great control of the cue ball heres the shot and how he left buddy. if he would have made the stripe.........
jj2.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
and here is how jeremy left it
its buddys shot now
jj1.jpg
billy there's 15 balls showing. nothings hiding:)