Buddy Vs Jones #?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Never give up a shot in this positon. No matter what. Not even a give up shot. Squeeze your opponent into malimg a mistake. This game should be won on a mistake not a sell out give up shot.

And this game should not have any end game too it at all. First mistake looses the game. Thats howe I see this game.

I agree, if I were Jeremy I wouldn't want to give Buddy anything to shoot at. Jeremy has the strongest position and he should play to protect it and then win with it. Jeremy should shoot the cue ball in between the rail and the 6 ball and see how it develops from there. But Jeremy must be careful not to leave Buddy an angle on the 6 ball that he can do something with, other than just bunting it.

Very interesting.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Never give up a shot in this positon. No matter what. Not even a give up shot. Squeeze your opponent into malimg a mistake. This game should be won on a mistake not a sell out give up shot.

And this game should not have any end game too it at all. First mistake looses the game. Thats howe I see this game.
artie what would you shoot here and why???

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I agree, if I were Jeremy I wouldn't want to give Buddy anything to shoot at. Jeremy has the strongest position and he should play to protect it and then win with it. Jeremy should shoot the cue ball in between the rail and the 6 ball and see how it develops from there. But Jeremy must be careful not to leave Buddy an angle on the 6 ball that he can do something with, other than just bunting it.

Very interesting.

Billy I.

Buddy is in big trouble from her. I think you could make Jeriome a 3 to 2 favorite from her.

He hasant given Buddy any air.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
Larry.... just a helpful tip on your text boxes. You can resize them to more fit the text that's in them. If you start watching this video here, it will pick up on the text box. http://youtu.be/9o_uXIfmvK8 at 2 mins it shows the resize option. You might have to turn the audio up a bit, since it was recorded kind of low.

You're doing a great job!!!!
greg
thanks for the compliment and i'll check out the link
you gotta say the level of "mistake free one pocket" is pretty high in this match

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
greg
thanks for the compliment and i'll check out the link
you gotta say the level of "mistake free one pocket" is pretty high in this match

Lets go on too the next shot. What are they playing.

Are they playing no ten mistake no cout.

Billy Tell them too shoot? This game is over 3 days and nights old.

This will end up being the longest game in history.

But it should showe everyone if you dont get a shot.

Then thier is nothing too shot at.

So far its been a mistake free game. And that is super playing.

This has been the best back and fourth safe game I have seen.

And thier could have been some mistakes made. Even on thier shot sel;ections. But the both have been very good.

I would like too bet that thier are at least 3 more safties before someone gets too shoot.

And Belive me these two players are realy playing great movies and execution. It doesnt get any better then this.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great sequence of good moves!

I also like Billy's suggestion of trying to wedge the cue ball between the side rail an the six, which would force Buddy out from behind the six -- of course Buddy might come up with something -- but that ball hanging close to Jeremy's pocket is getting bigger... Anyway, a nudgy sequence behind the six favors Jeremy don't you think? Because Jeremy has more options if the cue ball leaks out even just a little, than Buddy does (assuming the six continues to block any straight in shots for Buddy).

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well jeremy did nudge the six and the side rail and kept buddy behind the the six . buddy did the same. touch the 6 hit the rail come back on the 6
they did this until jeremy left buddy FROZE to the rail and the 6 like this
bb19.jpg

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
buddy came off the 6 hit the end rail and now its jeremys shot
View attachment 2869

Jeremy has to make a decision on whether to play safe or shoot, and it's not an easy one. The combination looks enticing, but it carries a penalty that Jeremy can't afford if he happens to miss the combination.

Here's an option worthy of choosing. If Jeremy lags the cue ball softly into the 11 ball with the hope that he can clog that side of the table Buddy will more likely than not shoot Jeremy back to somewhere where he is now. But the difference then will be that Jeremy will be able to shoot the combination without the risk of selling out. I believe that is what I would do, but Jeremy may feel that he's enough of a favorite to shoot now.

Choosing the option of tying balls up is a productive one, and shouldn't be undervalued, which lends to winning one pocket.

Just thought that I would mention that to offer a sound reason why not to shoot if you feel that it's not the time. After all not everyone shoots as straight as these two guys.:)

Billy I.

bstroud

Verified Member
Buddy is out of the trap. J has to shoot at something.

I think the shot is the 10 ball into the other stripe near Buddy's' pocket. Cross banking the other stripe and letting the cue ball go forward a few inches.

J could make a ball in his pocket and will put B back in trouble if he doesn't.

The combo on the 2 ball doesn't look like it offers position.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Jeremy has to make a decision on whether to play safe or shoot, and it's not an easy one. The combination looks enticing, but it carries a penalty that Jeremy can't afford if he happens to miss the combination.

Here's an option worthy of choosing. If Jeremy lags the cue ball softly into the 11 ball with the hope that he can clog that side of the table Buddy will more likely than not shoot Jeremy back to somewhere where he is now. But the difference then will be that Jeremy will be able to shoot the combination without the risk of selling out. I believe that is what I would do, but Jeremy may feel that he's enough of a favorite to shoot now.

Choosing the option of tying balls up is a productive one, and shouldn't be undervalued, which lends to winning one pocket.

Just thought that I would mention that to offer a sound reason why not to shoot if you feel that it's not the time. After all not everyone shoots as straight as these two guys.:)

Billy I.

Jeremy is looking to shoot and it's obvious why, so it's not going to take a hell of a lot to persuade him to shoot. If the 12 ball blocks the pocket for the 11 ball on Buddies side of the table that could be enough of a reason for Jeremy to shoot. He will than have to stop the cue ball in shooting the combination, assuring not to leave a shot if missed. If that's the situation I myself would shoot, but if the 11 ball passes into Buddies pocket, i'm choosing the option.

Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
JJ has any number of fairly easy safeties here, especially since nothing really goes in Buddy's hole if the CB is left below the 2nd diamond.

It might be time to shoot. I can't see if he can make the ball by JJ's hole rail first with the CB. But it's a pretty makable shot shooting rail first with the 9-ball. He then has the 2-ball and so on.

Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
OK, he shoots the combo with stun english and scoots over to just above the 11 and that other stripe 14?. This way he can continue the run if he makes it but doesn't sell out if he misses.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:
JJ has any number of fairly easy safeties here, especially since nothing really goes in Buddy's hole if the CB is left below the 2nd diamond.

It might be time to shoot. I can't see if he can make the ball by JJ's hole rail first with the CB. But it's a pretty makable shot shooting rail first with the 9-ball. He then has the 2-ball and so on.

Doc

Art, I don't think that he has a shot using the 9 ball as an option the side pocket seems to be in the way of that shot. If not it would definitely be a good option. He may have the angle on the 2 ball combination to force the cue ball to the right, that would allow him to play the shot with little risk.

If he can't play safe shooting the combination, than he's kinda betting the game on the shot, and considering the distance of the shot I wouldn't want to be him. But then again I wouldn't want to be Buddy either.:D

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Art, I don't think that he has a shot using the 9 ball as an option the side pocket seems to be in the way of that shot. If not it would definitely be a good option. He may have the angle on the 2 ball combination to force the cue ball to the right, that would allow him to play the shot with little risk.

If he can't play safe shooting the combination, than he's kinda betting the game on the shot, and considering the distance of the shot I wouldn't want to be him. But then again I wouldn't want to be Buddy either.:D

Billy I.

THis is a very toucht situation and you cant panick. I would cut th 6 ball a little too block Buddy from hitting any off my balls away by my pocket or side off the table.

And but the cue ball about a half a dimond away from the end rail. Frozze or very close too being froze .

Buddy can shoot at the give up 5 ball but he cannot get no position anyway. And if he misses the shot he sells out the game.

ITsa easy and simple shot but very effective in this position.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Where does the 6 end up? Does it block Buddy from the 10? Also, from almost frozen on the side rail 1/2 diamond from the end rail; if the 6 blocks the 10, it does not block shooting straight at the one which clears the nine and goes in the side to be spotted while you follow the cue down the rail to get behind or make the 14 or whatever that stripe is in Jeremy's pocket.

I still like the 2/14 combo with stun action to float to the right. I think its a risk/reward ratio worth the risk.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well jeremy did shoot the 2 ball -stripe combo
got a double kiss and left himself like this
bb30.jpg
bb25.jpg
its still jeremys shot

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
petie said:
Where does the 6 end up? Does it block Buddy from the 10? Also, from almost frozen on the side rail 1/2 diamond from the end rail; if the 6 blocks the 10, it does not block shooting straight at the one which clears the nine and goes in the side to be spotted while you follow the cue down the rail to get behind or make the 14 or whatever that stripe is in Jeremy's pocket.

I still like the 2/14 combo with stun action to float to the right. I think its a risk/reward ratio worth the risk.

You see what happines when you loose control off the balls and the game. He is no longer a good favorite.

He took a bad risk. And lost control off the game . I hope everyone can see that.

For one ball look what he did too himself. I see two shots from her cuttin the 8 ball thine and putting the cueball on the rail by the second dimond.

Or double bank the stipe ball up and down the table and put the cueball behind the other stripe ball.

They path looks pretty good and youre opponent cant do anything behind the other stripe ball.

I would have never shot the combination. Patience is a vertue playing one pocket.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'll never try to second guess you again. Tell me the truth. Did you foresee this? What do you think about going slow off the stripe on the bottom rail with a lot of right hand english and try to kill the cue ball wedged between the side rail and the 2 ball?

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

Billy I.
petie
ive took the time to show this match because of the excellent play
and learning when to pull the trigger
we artie will squeeze like a python and like he said he never took a tough shot
the right shot was for him to trap you until you coughed up something he was VERY sure he could make.
but lets give billy credit where its due he wasnt cheerleading to shoot the combo
that one sentence in the 3rd paragraph of his is a pearl to be etched into your and mine and all one pocket players.