E. Dominguez vs. Dan Louie 2009 D.C.C.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
I'm thinking hit that 10 a little on the left(from DL's view) with draw, bank it back up 3 rails and onto DL's side - may end up a little far up table, but it's removed from ED's pocket side. This should also bump the 15 onto DL's side - if the 15 doesn't clear, it should clip the top of the stack in the direction of his pocket, too. Removes 2 balls from that side and leaves nothing but a possible long bank on the 7(?), though going for that long bank would risk selling out the two balls that were knocked over.

At first I liked III's idea, but the possibility of that 12 going towards ED's side was too risky, as well as maybe clipping the 11 for a scratch.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would bank the 11 ball into the stack and open up balls on my side. Positioning the cue ball on the foot rail will ensure you that you will not give up a return shot. Imo Ernesto's position is too strong to challenge it with any other shot.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
I would bank the 11 ball into the stack and open up balls on my side. Positioning the cue ball on the foot rail will ensure you that you will not give up a return shot. Imo Ernesto's position is too strong to challenge it with any other shot.

Billy I.
like this??

dd3.jpg

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:

This isanother one off those pefect pne pocket shots. I call these shots one pocket shoys. Because you You mve the two balls.

And draw into the stack and you open up the balls on youre side. These are must shoys playing one pocket.

Because the are too strong and powerfull to give up. These are the back bone shots off the game.

THe 11 ball into the 3 ball. and the cue ball goes wright into the middele off the 3 balls.

Easy shot and causes a lot off pain. This is a onepocket shot.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This isanother one off those pefect pne pocket shots. I call these shots one pocket shoys. Because you You mve the two balls.

And draw into the stack and you open up the balls on youre side. These are must shoys playing one pocket.

Because the are too strong and powerfull to give up. These are the back bone shots off the game.

THe 11 ball into the 3 ball. and the cue ball goes wright into the middele off the 3 balls.

Easy shot and causes a lot off pain. This is a onepocket shot.
Something like this (continue arrows and results assuming you hit this harder)...

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-22_21-35-54.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-22_21-35-54.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0

senor

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Something like this (continue arrows and results assuming you hit this harder)...

That's the shot I like. Well done Artie. I would play the cue ball into the 9, not hard, but hard enough to move into play, it looks like if the shot is hit with the right spin the cue ball will move the 9 and stay in the stack on the 7(?) ball.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
senor said:
That's the shot I like. Well done Artie. I would play the cue ball into the 9, not hard, but hard enough to move into play, it looks like if the shot is hit with the right spin the cue ball will move the 9 and stay in the stack on the 7(?) ball.
I like that shot too, but I am going to hit it a little firmer...Not much riskier, and the 10 ball looks like it might throw in to DL's hole...:cool:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
Shoot the ball on the rail near the side pocket fairly firmly and stick the cue ball and move a ball or two over to his side.

I liked that shot too John...but after looking at it, I see a lot of ways to get a bad roll...sell out a bank, or even leave a straight in for Ernesto. The other shot looks almost foolproof...unless you/me/AB/Steve or Senor, really butcher it...:p Sorry Bill, not a lot I like about your shot...too many escape valves, and a good chance for Ernesto to really trap you...Unless you hit the stack perfect, the 10 ball could come down for an easy bank for ED..:eek:

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
before reading the other posts, my first inclination was to back cut the 7 with high right thinking the cue would drift down to give me a bank on the 3.

i appreciate the credible knowledge being passed on here.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If the angle is there, and it looks like it is...then another choice, which I like, and would probably choose here, because it has virtually no downside, and it's very natural and easy to execute, being as how it's the closest ball to the cueball, and requires only a simple follow stroke...is to just shoot the 7ball dead ahead - having it go two rails and then in between the 3 and the 10, maybe into the 15 and 8, which should knock a couple of balls over to your side - and the cueball follows two rails and safely down to the foot rail, approx. between 1/2 and 1 diamond, leaving nothing.

- Ghost

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
wincardona said:

Billy I.

That is what I saw too

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
I liked that shot too John...but after looking at it, I see a lot of ways to get a bad roll...sell out a bank, or even leave a straight in for Ernesto. The other shot looks almost foolproof...unless you/me/AB/Steve or Senor, really butcher it...:p Sorry Bill, not a lot I like about your shot...too many escape valves, and a good chance for Ernesto to really trap you...Unless you hit the stack perfect, the 10 ball could come down for an easy bank for ED..:eek:
I don't know what you mean when you say too many escape valves for Ernesto, and the 10 ball can possibly come down for a bank. My shot opens up balls on my side of the table, and the cue ball floats to the bottom cushion in a very safe spot. Starting an up table game. The 10 ball will not move.

Larry drew up a perfect illustration of the shot in post #7, take a look at it and explain to me what you're referring to. Thanks.

I also like Arties shot too if I am assured to stick the cue ball in the stack.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You must open up balls on your side of the table and play cue ball. And the only ball that I see that you can do that with is the 11 ball. Playing off any other ball will be too risky, Ernesto's position is too strong.

Billy I.

MGM Tony

I like Artie's idea playing off the 11 but looking at that why not off what looks like the thirteen into the ten drive the cue ball into the stack. It's critical that whatever shot you take opens up position near DL's pocket. Also this shot should be fairly simple to execute and move balls away from the opponents pocket.

I attached and image designing my shot although I don't know if it uploaded.

Attachments

• Dan Louie's Shot.jpg
    Dan Louie's Shot.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
You must open up balls on your side of the table and play cue ball. And the only ball that I see that you can do that with is the 11 ball. Playing off any other ball will be too risky, Ernesto's position is too strong.

Billy I.

THeshot is a aoutmatick one pocket shot. You lock up youre oponrnt and open up the balls.

Shoot the shot a couple off times and you will see thier is no better shotbthan that shot.

And the cue ball cant go no were but l;ock thee other guy up.

Its hard for me too belive tgier is sany oposition.The shot is at least two too one over asny othrt shoot.

Just when I thought people were starting too see . They put dought back in the game.

Thier is no other shot uless you are playing too loose.

Its a aoutomatick shot. Thier is nothing too shoot it and you will come and join me on the DARK SIDE.

If I was coaching someone and they didnt want too shoot thsat shot.

I would just tell them.You are on a different mind set. And being partners is not going too help us.

But hurt us. The shot is so simple its hard too belive someone would pick another shot over the narurale shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thier is no other shot uless you are playing too loose.
Artie,

You & Bill are calling for two completely different shots.

wincardona said:

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Dennis