Bustamante vs. Richeson 2011 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think you have to roll on the 11 ball. Even if you were successful in doubling him up on the 1-4, you'd be sorry. He would shoot the combo gently, and even if he missed it he would leave the 4 close to his pocket and you would be, essentially, right where you are now, but with still another problem.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
When I first posted, I already saw and analyzed all of that and have no need of anyone telling me...and I already considered, mentioned and rejected yours and Billy Stroud's choice of shooting the 7 into the 6 as being the best choice...as I already said in my first post, I would also very much like to open up balls on my side - but imo, the risk is too great, because...

If you shoot just one ball width too slow or too fast, and don't get behind the 1ball, you sell out the 4ball, leaving Richie a simple shot with automatic, natural shape on the 11ball - and you lose the game, period...for this reason...

The roll-up on the 11 is imo, the best choice - he won't be able to trap you from there on his next shot - he will leave you somewhere where you will be able to improve your position on your next shot.

- Ghost

PS, And interestingly, as Dennis posted - Dr. Billy also picked my shot from the commentating booth...that means he won't be able to automatically disagree with my shot choice for a change..;)..:D...:cool:

I guess that why we all shot our own shots because off what we rgibk and belive.

All I can say is get two great players and shooters and let them shoot both shots and play from thier and play both shots aboyt 5 times.

And then maybe opeople can see the difference. I would rather a player shoots the 11 ball safty against me.

Then Him shooting the other shot. But whatever people think and belive thats the way its going too be.

Get 5 top player and see what the shoot. Thats the only way people will see.

All I can tell you nobody ever qouistioned my shots. But when I cant shoot no more so a lot off people go by that.

I would love too play anybody frome these positions and both plater shoot the shot the like.

But If you cant shoot it doesnt do much good.

What surprises me is after I explain it the still dont see it. I guess thats why people all take thier owne shots.

Any time I ever played partners or coached people what too shoot.

They always shot my shot. Even Louie Roberts. And I might have been the only guy in life that he would listen too.

And If you play partners with someone. And you both have differences and dont agree.

The best thing is not too take that person for youre partner.

Having two opinions in a partner game is no good. And does not help you too win.

Do you think Bugs or Paul Jones or Freddy Would have listened too anybody.

I dont think so. But I think they would have listened too me. Im not looking too prove whoes shot is better.

I pick the shots because they give me the best chance too win.

When I play I play too win. And those are the shots I pick. And I shoot different shots for different rrasons.

And you play a diferent style agains certain players.

Let me ask you a qouistion. Howe do you decide whats the best shot?

Let a great player shoot both shots and play the game out and see what happines.

Everybody thinks they no one pocket. And hold on too thier shot for dear life.

If you could play the game out on the compoutor. And from each position move the cue ball were both players what the cue ball..

See who will get trapet first. And see who will make the first mistake.

Thats howe you have too breack the game down on the computor. And Not looking too but the cueball. In a position.

That you might get thier one out off 5 shots.

And leaving the person behind the 11 ball. The way the balls lay. Is not a good shot. And I would play some one from my position. And the other postion.

Somebody that shoots the same speed that I do. Or have one great shooter like Alex. Scott or Shane or Eferine play from both positions.

And that is the only way too see it.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bank the four, come three around and leave em at the head of the table putting R R nearly straight in on the 3 ball. The tangent line off the four appears natural and a non scratch, all ya gotta do is control your speed.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This was Artie's comment/opinion of my shot-choice of rolling up on the 11ball - in his first post in this thread - before I disagreed with his shot choice >>>

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats a good shot Goast. I like it and its a safe easy shot. I see nothing wron at all shooting that shot.

And this was Artie's comment/opinion of my choice of rolling up on the 11ball, at the end of the day, after I disagreed with his shot choice...:rolleyes: >>>

Artie Bodendorfer said:
And leaving the person behind the 11 ball. The way the balls lay. Is not a good shot.

Speaks volumes doesn't it...:rolleyes:

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats a good shot Goast. I like it and its a safe easy shot. I see nothing wron at all shooting that shot.

Especialy if thier is only one ball on the table. I like the shot even better.

In this situation. I would shoot the 7 ball into the 6 and the other soid ball.

And open up all the balls for my next shot. If I get one.

And I would bring the cue ball 2 rails too the side rail. Were if he wants he can shoot a long combination.

But I have too open up the ball;s in my favor.

Witch wright nowe thier not. And if I shoot to lock him up behind the 11 ball. And I dont freeze him to the 11 ball.

He can but me on the end rail. And I will be on defense. And none off the balls will go in Guista Monties pocket from the end rail.

Thats why its a very important shot too open up the balls for himself.

Even though youre shot is a good shot. Butting him in a trap doesnt help him much.

Because the alls are all tied up by his pocket. So its realy not a trap putting him behind the 11 ball.

I hope you can see this. And understand my reasoning. It the ballswere open.

Then I would definatly shooy youre shot. But the way the balls lay. Its not good for me.

And it will be too hard too get a shot the way the balls are. With one ball on the table that shot is very strong especialy if the 11 ball is off the rail.
Artie, you win a cookie:) . That's what Busty did and he did it well.

Busty's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_11.Jpeg

After Bustamante spotted the ball he owed this is the leave for Richie:

CapturedPicture_12.Jpeg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Island Drive said:
Thin the 15 and kick bank the 6, with emphasis on the fat hit on the 6, allot of sideboards available for the 15.

I like that too. I know you mean carom into the 6 ball. Hit the 15 ball thin and good things may happen.;)
Rod.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
lll said:
whether you leave the cue on the side rail or not its not such a "great trap"
as advertised
icbw
tell me why

i just saw vapros shot (i must have been tinkering with the diagram about the same time as the post)

this was my shot because it is easy and straight forward, move the seven and two to three other balls to the right side of the table, don't think the opponent will take the 3 ball bank on a bad angle for risk of selling out.

any analysis appreciated.

bstroud

Verified Member
I don't like the carom off the 15 into the 6 because of the distance.
You would have to hit it perfect.

The carom off the 7 into the 6 might be a safer shot and would knock both balls toward your pocket. It would also leave your opponent in a very tough place.

Bill Stroud

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
After Bustamante spotted the ball he owed this is the leave for Richie:

View attachment 2999[/QUOTE]

Shooting from within the pocket, the natural rolling ball release would give me the needed info on which way I would choose. I do like your choice Bill as long as you're able to remove the scratch from the 6 carom and a possible dbl kiss from the 7. Both our shots have demons, hard to say from the chair which sits best.

SE10player

What about trying to cut in the 15 and using the 6 to stop the cueball? or is that to risky? Anyway what did he shoot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I really don't know what he shot but there is a shot that is available that to many may look like a hap hazard shot. But if it is hit well its a game winner with no risk. I'm not saying that I would shoot the shot I really don't shoot straight enough to attempt it. But a player like Duel, or an upper echelon player could shoot it.

The shot is providing the 15 ball is positioned on the foot spot. Cutting the 15 ball thinnly enough to make it, the cue ball will hit the 13 ball than go to the side rail and to the bottom cushion. The 13 ball will go to the bottom cushion and than to the side rail. There will be no contact with the cue ball and the 13 ball because of how the 13 ball is positioned frozen to the 7 ball.

Like I said I couldn't shoot it but a top player could.

Now back to real life.:D

Billy I.