Handicapping in banks

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Pelican said:
Never heard of it but is it done? Would it be adjusting the ball count like one pocket?

Inquiring minds want to know :confused:

Pel

well... sure, there's not a game played on the green felt, that doesn't have a handicap, whether it's less balls you got to make, or wild balls, or less points, less games, you can make it whatever you want...8-4 .. 6-3.. 7-2... 10-5...

typically its either short rack or full rack.. but I suppose you could put as many balls up there as you wanted to...you could also spot up balls.

you could play where you have all pockets, and they only have a few, or every other bank has to be more then one rail, the list goes on and on...:)

but sure.. normally it's done with ball count, playing short rack.. little dangerous giving balls, since there's so few on the table. You would probably see more of the weight given in full rack.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
"you could play where you have all pockets, and they only have a few, or every other bank has to be more then one rail"

Now, thats an interesting concept, Cali. Say, if I played John B, I would have all the pockets and he would have to make all two rail banks into one designated pocket. Of course, I'd still lose :eek: .

Happy 4th, Pel

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Pelican said:
"you could play where you have all pockets, and they only have a few, or every other bank has to be more then one rail"

Now, thats an interesting concept, Cali. Say, if I played John B, I would have all the pockets and he would have to make all two rail banks into one designated pocket. Of course, I'd still lose :eek: .

Happy 4th, Pel

1 ball playin full rack is a MUCH stronger spot than a ball playin 1 hole. IMHO.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Pelican said:

Happy 4th, Pel

1 ball playin full rack is a MUCH stronger spot than a ball playin 1 hole. IMHO. How do you good players out there feel about this?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
At least 9 to 7

At least 9 to 7

blackeee said:
1 ball playin full rack is a MUCH stronger spot than a ball playin 1 hole. IMHO. How do you good players out there feel about this?

One ball playing full rack banks is at least comparable to 9 to 7 playing one pocket.

Beard

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
chances are

chances are

While the chances of catching me playing banks of any sort, much less full rack, is somewhat akin to Slim and his cousin None NOT partnering up on you in a ring game .... I wish I could appreciate the logic here.

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
....ring banks....

....ring banks....

....we used to play ring banks with 3, 4, 5 or more players....4 1/2 x 9 or snooker table.....full rack and bet so much a rail ....one rail shots are easy...but the money is in the multi rail shots....never saw so many attempts at multiple rail banks in my life...the game was my Idea...so I guess it's good that I can make 4 or 5 rails threading the needle from (almost) anywhere on the table...:D ...oh yeah!!! the trick to making "the money" in this game is make all the one rail shots until the opportunity for a multi rail bank...that leaves a tough one rail for the next up.....if ya make the multi rail bank...ya just have to make a tough one rail to get back in line.....if ya don't....make the one rail shot...you're still getting paid from all the other players on a multi rail shot......and trust me...unless you're stupid enough to match up in this game with Dalton or Reyes...you'll get more shots....the other players will be plenty busy trying to play "catch-up"....attempting those (no chance at all) multi rail shots...that they saw in the books that all these fine players are writing (just trying to get you guys a "lil' action")........lol...

Last edited: