lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
for frank and sjd
if you will let us explore your minds alittle:eek:
did you say to yourself id like the cueball here
how can i do that??
i often use that approach as i am analizing situations.
or did it just "jump out to you" that that was the shot
nice shot and creative :)
i for sure didnt think of that:(

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the cd is in my office:eek:
ill post what was shot tommorrow
comments are still open until then

Last edited:

oldroller

Verified Member
Shot

Shot

That shot makes me feel like I am catching on .Thats the shot I saw & I've only been playing a short while.But I do watch better players

bstroud

Verified Member
Not much here. Getting the cue ball to the side rail is the best option.

I think I would 2 rail the 5 ball and go between the 1 ball and ? to the side rail.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im curious whats the wrong with the thin on the 15 coming off the long rail and putting him froze to the stack.
the experienced guys frank.sjd.and bstroud all went for a leave on the side rail.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
WEI table only

WEI table only

Frank Almanza said:

Tried the shot on my Gold Crown. Shot it five times. It's a stiff. You cant coordinate the speed and there is too little a margin for error as to where you can leave the cue ball and be safe. The cue ball usually runs past the point shown and continues on toward the foot rail leaving all options open for your oppo.

If the 3 balls were all closer together, controlling the speed of them and the Q ball would be much easier.

If you are just trying to leave the cue ball there, those other balls are not going to move very far.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No margin for error.

No margin for error.

lll said:
im curious whats the wrong with the thin on the 15 coming off the long rail and putting him froze to the stack.
the experienced guys frank.sjd.and bstroud all went for a leave on the side rail.

The ball accumulation that you would be heading into is only about 1 1/2 ball spaces wide. If the cue ball was a couple inches away from the 15 and you could make a perfect hit, that might change things a little.

BEard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
The ball accumulation that you would be heading into is only about 1 1/2 ball spaces wide. If the cue ball was a couple inches away from the 15 and you could make a perfect hit, that might change things a little.

BEard
good point:)
thanks

bstroud

Verified Member
lll said:
and left joyner like this
View attachment 3443

The problem with shooting the 5 ball shot is that you leave the balls like Cooney did.

Now Joyner thins a ball and leaves him in the same location.

There is no way for Cooney to gain any leverage in this game unless he can move the balls to his side and leave the cue ball up table. Otherwise it will be a long game.

Bill Stroud

SJDinPHX

Suspended
bstroud said:
The problem with shooting the 5 ball shot is that you leave the balls like Cooney did.

There is no way for Cooney to gain any leverage in this game unless he can move the balls to his side and leave the cue ball up table. Otherwise it will be a long game.

Bill Stroud

I beg to differ Bill.... If a fairly good player, cannot execute the shot Frank and I like, Then I would say, he just over looked it...It is a gimmie, and I think it is a solid option...I would think either Jack or Cliff, could execute it easily. Tell me you would like to be a little below the side pocket, behind the stack, froze on the side rail ? ..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bstroud said:

Bill Stroud
im confused:confused:
your "2 rail the 5 " puts a ball on jacks side but leaves the q around the same place .yes??
you cant 2 rail the 5 anywhere close to your pocket because of the 2 ball:confused:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Here we go again!

Here we go again!

Another difference of opinion on a shot. I stand by my critique of Frank Almanza's option. The shot is a stiff. Mr____, naturally agrees with him, and of course -- who woulda guessed it --- stands against what I said.

The difference is, and you can bet your bippy that Mr____ never took the time to try the shot on a real pool table -- as I did. The shot goes like a slot machine on the WEI table but wont work in real life. The 3 balls are too far apart to move the 3rd ball anywhere, and the safe area for the cue ball is very small.

Move each ball about 1 1/2 inches closer and you might have a different story.

Doesnt anyone on this forum try these things out on pool tables? Somebody please do so and give us your report.

Beard

I dont believe this position provides for any type of big move by the incoming shooter. Just staying alive and maintaining the blase'-ness of the position should be his first consideration.

bstroud

Verified Member
lll said:
im confused:confused:
your "2 rail the 5 " puts a ball on jacks side but leaves the q around the same place .yes??
you cant 2 rail the 5 anywhere close to your pocket because of the 2 ball:confused:

I am not trying to get the 5 ball close to my pocket. That is impossible. I am using the 5 ball to get the cue ball over to the side rail.

Bill Stroud

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I'm still sticking with my shot of going very thinly off of the 11, and sending the cueball back into the 11 and 9.

This should guarantee no offensive shot for your opponent. And I don't see an easy safety from there either.

No I didn't try it out on a table (yet).

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I think you mean the 15 ball

I think you mean the 15 ball

ChrisBanks said:
I'm still sticking with my shot of going very thinly off of the 11, and sending the cueball back into the 11 and 9.

This should guarantee no offensive shot for your opponent. And I don't see an easy safety from there either.

No I didn't try it out on a table (yet).

I expressed concerns for this shot option on post #32. Take a look, and then try it on a table. I think the percentage of executing that shot is at only about 1 out of 4 tries. The target area is way too small and the 9 is going to be moved leaving only the 15 to land back on.

Beard