Joyner/frost Mobile

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not a very nice...

Not a very nice...

androd said:
Yeah, Well opinions are like A$$holes, everybody's got one, most of them Stink. :) The two above couldn't ever carry Cliffs cue. ;) I believe everyone has a right to their opinion and theirs maybe better, but maybe not.
Results are 100%, foreskin is a little less.
Rod.

...thing to say about me or Bill Stroud, and totally unwarranted. Billy Stroud can speak for himself, but as for me, to start with with, on my good days I could carry any motherf..kers cue, and stick it up their ass! You can speak for yourself.

In the 90s, Cliff slipped into my poolroom, The Billiard Cafe, with Willie Munson, looking to trap me, and instead I busted him for $1200. Playing even, one pocket! He had me stuck at $50 a game, we raised it to $200 and I beat him about 9 in a row. So flush that no-cue-carrying-shit where it belongs.

These shot critiques are about strategy, not execution anyway.

Beard

Up until today I have never said anything so disrespectful to you on this forum. My shot opinions may be a bit overbearing, but thats just me. That's the price you have to pay if you want to hear what I have to say. Bottom line, what I have to offer after 50 yrs of experience, is valuable. I have been advising some of the best players in the world on strategy for years. Why shouldnt I be salty about that? That list includes Cliff Joyner, incidentally.
The only place I catch any shit about that is on this forum. In the real pool world, that is not the case.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
...thing to say, and totally unwarranted. Billy Stroud can speak for himself, but as for me, to start with with, on my good days I could carry any motherf..kers cue, and stick it up their ass! You can speak for yourself.

In the 90s, Cliff slipped into my poolroom, The Billiard Cafe, with Willie Munson, looking to trap me, and instead I busted him for $1200. Playing even, one pocket! He had me stuck at $50 a game, we raised it to $200 and I beat him about 9 in a row. So flush that no-cue-carrying-shit where it belongs.

These shot critiques are about strategy, not execution anyway.

Beard

Up until today I have never said anything so disrespectful to you on this forum. My shot opinions may be a bit overbearing, but thats just me. That's the price you have to pay if you want to hear what I have to say. Bottom line, what I have to offer after 50 yrs of experience, is valuable. I have been advising some of the best players in the world on strategy for years. Why shouldnt I be salty about that? That list includes Cliff Joyner, incidentally.
The only place I catch any shit about that is on this forum. In the real pool world, that is not the case.

Well you're on Billy's beat list so I stand corrected. Both of you could carry his cue. I always enjoy your opinions. I was speaking about results play more than anything. Not disparaging anyone's opinion. although you beat him at one time, he is the best one pocket player I've played and he easily knows the safety game as well as anyone.
Rod.
PS He's not playing quite as well now as he was, but recently beat Jeremy Jones at a tourney near here.

t-dog

Verified Member
lll said:
dont get too much of a sugar rush from the cookies :eek:
listen to Freddie:) and bill stroud:)
the shot was probably not the best option:(

Thats why I love this site. Instead of saying this is right or this is wrong. There are many here who do indepth analysis, which can only help ones game. Im not around many old school players so there is a wealth of information here that cant be found at my pool hall. Thanks everyone!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Gentleman, I believe you're both right. Neither Freddie or Stroud could carry Cliffs ..whatever... but Freddie has a point that it's about strategy, not execution. But lets not forget that execution quite often dictates what type of strategy should be used. I'm not saying that Cliff chose the right shot because of his ability to execute it, but I hope that my point was well taken.

I have seen many top players that chose certain shots that I wouldn't have chosen because of their ability to execute them. Does that make them right? I think so.

For whatever reason Cliff chose the shot that he shot, we will never know. But I do know that we're not at the table and angles and positions are often different than how we perceive them to be here at home.:confused:

But the shots that are discussed by the players on this site are well thought out and usually right, but like Rod says....everyone has an opinion ...:D

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Gentleman, I believe you're both right. Neither Freddie or Stroud could carry Cliffs ..whatever... but Freddie has a point that it's about strategy, not execution. But lets not forget that execution quite often dictates what type of strategy should be used. I'm not saying that Cliff chose the right shot because of his ability to execute it, but I hope that my point was well taken.

I have seen many top players that chose certain shots that I wouldn't have chosen because of their ability to execute them. Does that make them right? I think so.

For whatever reason Cliff chose the shot that he shot, we will never know. But I do know that we're not at the table and angles and positions are often different than how we perceive them to be here at home.

But the shots that are discussed by the players on this site are well thought out and usually right, but like Rod says....everyone has an opinion ...:D

Billy I.
Billy welcome back:)
dont know if you were one of the HOF group jam was talking about in vegas
but i hope it was a prosperous trip:)
to go along with what i think you are saying
is the right shot is the one you can execute:)
but looking at the options from a strategic perspective and the relative strengths of each shot selection
really is what makes this site a great learning and special site for 1p

if there is option A,B,C,D and A does the most but someone can only execute C than C is THEIR best shot.until they get better .
learning to SEE that shot A is an option will improve their game.jmho
i know its worked for me

ive added and looked for and practiced many shots discussed here
much to the chagrin of my opponents:eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
most of us shouldnt be critisizing (sp?) the players represented in the threads shot selection since most of us cant carry their cue case when comparing skill or results over time
but its great to be a monday morning quarterback:D
or be sitting in the commentators booth:rolleyes: :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Cliff Joyner

Cliff Joyner

While the subject of Cliff Joyner has been broached, let me add one more thing. I have the utmost respect for Cliff's one pocket game. That is a compliment that I reserve for very few players. I like the way he plays, and I think he knows the game better than at least 95% of all the players around. I have often said that he knows the game much better than Efren, and if he didnt faint so badly when he played against Effie he could have given him a good fight. Effie has spotted him, and won, as much as 10 to 7. For whatever reason, Cliff goes blind when he plays Efren. I always thought that if Cliff played his game when he was in top form, that he was no more than a ball the underdog. Cliff, probably like so many other players, incorrectly thinks Efren has no weaknesses.

After watching him, playing him, and being around him -- we are very good friends -- I think Cliff's only one pocket flaw is he just pushes the envelope a little too far at times, maybe 10 percent a little too aggressive, causing him to lose some games that he should have won. Those mistakes usually occur when he has the lead, or is not in any real trouble, those times when the least amount of aggression is required. JMNSHO (just my not so humble opinion)

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

For whatever reason Cliff chose the shot that he shot, we will never know. But I do know that we're not at the table and angles and positions are often different than how we perceive them to be here at home.:confused:

Billy I.

I agree Billy.

I highlighted in red, something we've all been guilty of overlooking at times.

That is one reason I question the value of these discussions, and rarely enter into them. Everyone on here has an ego, (me included) and everyone thinks theirs is the right shot. Our arguments have to be confusing to the players, trying to figure out, which shot may work best.

Its not all bad to see a variety of options, but the WEI table can never replace "being at the table"...Too often we forget that it is just a paper drill.

PS..Billy, I was up in Laughlin last Wed. and Thur., had planned on going up to Vegas for a few days...Called RA, and he told me some 'Horror stories' involving the "Frost syndicate" against Viffer....:eek: Deadsville up there now, so I saved the 90 miles, and stayed in Laughlin..:p

Last edited:

SJDinPHX said:
I agree Billy.

I highlighted in red, something we've all been guilty of overlooking at times.

That is one reason I question the value of these discussions, and rarely enter into them. Everyone on here has an ego, (me included) and everyone thinks theres is the right shot. Our arguments have to be confusing to the players, trying to figure out, which shot may work best.

Its not all bad to see a variety of options, but the WEI table can never replace "being at the table"...Too often we forget that it is just a paper drill.

PS..Billy, I was up in Laughlin last Wed. and Thur., had planned on going up to Vegas for a few days...Called RA, and he told me some 'Horror stories' involving the "Frost syndicate" against Viffer....:eek: Deadsville up there now, so I saved the 90 miles, and stayed in Laughlin..:p

There's not a "like" button on here, but if there was I would use it. C'mon Steve, get us a "like" button. LOL

So agree with you, Ducky. For what it's worth.:( :mad:

xoxo,
Clarebaby.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Clare said:
There's not a "like" button on here, but if there was I would use it. C'mon Steve, get us a "like" button. LOL

So agree with you, Ducky. For what it's worth.:( :mad:

xoxo,
Clarebaby.

Clarebaby,

I'm Confused...Why the glum, mad "smiley's" ? Are we still an "item" (JK)

El Duck <---would prefer to be an "item" (but you do have competition) I'm sure you can handle it...;)

OXOXOX

View attachment 3644

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:
Clarebaby,

I'm Confused...Why the glum, mad "smiley's" ? Are we still an "item" (JK)

El Duck <---would prefer to be an "item" (but you do have competition) I'm sure you can handle it...;)

OXOXOX

View attachment 3644

PS..Just so you know...I would drop Jennifer in a hot second...for you..:D :D :D

SJDinPHX said:
PS..Just so you know...I would drop Jennifer in a hot second...for you..:D :D :D

Ducky, the emoticons were expressing how I feel about the worth of what I say. What I say on here isn't worth much. :mad:

Yes, we're still a hot item. ;) But let Jen down easy. She's in a fragile state right now. I hear she's getting a tattoo of her dog's name. I don't know if she could handle one more guy dumping her.

(I hope that crazy Larry doesn't get upset cause we're not talking about what the correct shot is.LOL)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Clare said:
Ducky,

Yes, we're still a hot item. But let Jen down easy. She's in a fragile state right now. I hear she's getting a tattoo of her dog's name. I don't know if she could handle one more guy dumping her.

(I hope that crazy Larry doesn't get upset cause we're not talking about what the correct shot is.LOL)
its a privildege to know in some small way this thread has helped to reconnect you two "hot items":rolleyes: :D :eek:
you both can flirt in my threads anytime you want:) ;)