Wow... what a shot by Richie R

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
so Richie R is playing Joey Gray at the tourney that's getting ready to start up in Mobile (i believe) and Richie I believe is giving Joey 8-7 for 500 a game or so and pretty much torturing him. I happened to look up and saw that they were down to the last ball in a game. They're both bunting the ball uptable, neither wanting to really take a halfass shot at their hole in fear of selling out the cross bank for the other guy... and I look up and see Richie looking at something similar to this as demonstrated by the WEI I drew.

Now looking at his warmup strokes, I could tell he wasn't going to baby the ball and I was starting to scan the table for what he may be trying to do and the next thing I saw was the ball traveling to his pocket at a slightly faster then pocket speed. I saw then what he had done was to 2 rail kick the ball and I'm watching the ball get nearer and nearer and it splits the pocket for the win.

He hit that one good... didn't spend a lot of time with it either, wound up and fired and hit it good to where the cueball went nowhere so he was pretty safe with it, and because he hit the object ball so good, it was headed to the pocket, it also had pretty good speed.. if he would have missed he probably would have left the cross over bank on the 1st diamond though.

Now that's a bit of a gamble, huh? How many of you would have shot that for 500? IN this game they both had chances to win it too, so both of them were kicking themselves for notclosing it out earlier and they both had to feel good about getting a chance to win with the last ball on the table.

Joey quit about a 3 game loser shortly thereafter. Dippy and Cliff were playing last ball onepocket for 500, with Dippy getting 1st crack with the ball froze on the bottom rail at the middle diamond. He would 4 rail the shot and made it probably 4 out of 10 times that I watched. The ones he missed he hung the ball up pretty close in his hole.

Off to damn work.. I'm so far behind:mad:

[cuetable]http://pool.bz/P/?@1MXXX2PSxA1hXXX3hbCh2kSxA2kTOA1kSjo1kbrE1kYml@[/cuetable]

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Dave Krenzel shot this on me one time and made it. It was the last game of our set so I asked him to show me the shot and he made it again. He also kicked a ball along the same path that was laying off the end rail to where he hit the end rail with the cb first and then the ob went 2 rails and made it. On this shot the cb was way down table by his picket. I keep saying I'm gong to practice these someday until I can make them 50% of the time but I haven't done so yet. They come up in games but I've learned my lesson about experimenting in a game.

Great shot, Greg.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I think that shot is playable but you really must be comfortable enough with this shot to hit it good. Speed is everything.

If you don't hit the 13 fat enough you are in big trouble. If you play it with good speed and your cue ball stays put it could be worth playing.

Dud

(likes to kick sometimes)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
with practice thats an easy shot to get close to your hole:eek: :)
also often you hit the object ball fat so its easy to keep the cue ball down there
just go hit some and you will see:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Good one Calired. Earlier this year made a shot against a real good player, similar, but the other way, something like this. I needed both balls (and might have posted this before).

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/Player/?@3BYkq1MTxH3PRKv1hTxH3hbCh3kRKv1kbaU1kWbk1kVEX1kAVp@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
Off to damn work.. I'm so far behind:mad:

[cuetable]http://pool.bz/P/?@1MXXX2PSxA1hXXX3hbCh2kSxA2kTOA1kSjo1kbrE1kYml@[/cuetable]

Greg , When Senor was playing he made several of these kicks on me and laid more up. So much so I began to be aware and wary of leaving them. ;)
Rod.