'nother shooting problem

John Brumback

Verified Member
Did you guys read Skins post?He said that the combos wired,that means HE means you cant' miss It,unless you just fall dead while shooting.He's not talikng about the combo skidding or not.The combo's dead,wired,on,got blood dripping from It.Skin,I say fire It In now and win the game.That's what you want to do,right?
John B.

Last edited:

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
John Brumback said:
Did you guys read Skins post?He said that the combos wired,that means HE means you cant' miss It,unless you just fall dead while shooting.He's not talikng about the combo skidding or not.The combo's dead,wired,on,got blood dripping from It.Skin,I say fire It In now and win the game.That's what you want to do,right? Sometimes I wonder what these ole codgers are thinking..
John B.
It's not what the old codgers are thinking John, it's what they know!

They is a thing in pool called "THROW" when 2 balls are frozen if you hit to the right side the front ball will move left, if you hit the left side the front ball will move right. Unless you cut that combo like it lays you are going to throw the front ball.

It doesn't matter what Skin says, reality comes into play. John, you do know about throw, don't you?

Skin

Verified Member
Looks like most folks agree. Of course I had the advantage of being able to set the balls up on my table and walk around it. ;)

If you look at the layout, the best angle to shoot the combo is from the opponent's side of the table if you want to do maximum damage (as Dick likes to say). I think shooting it first is basically just shooting for one ball in this layout unless you want to try to two-rail the cb out of his corner and go back over to the long rail for the 1 or 2. Even then I am not sure much would have been gained and position for the 7 or 9 might have been made much harder.

I don't like opening with the 1 because the cb is frozen on the cushion and to make good position off that shot you really need to use low left. Low left will squirt the cb toward the cushion and there doesn't look to be enough room to avoid possibly losing the shot line on the 1.

I'll go with the 2 and come back behind the combo, as most people said. There is a fairly large good zone for shape - high, low, or straight in on it still provide ways to get out.

The point I was hoping to make with this layout was it is very tempting to shoot a wired combo when the cb is in an awkward position, but if you take time to look it over carefully, that shot may not be from the best angle to do the most damage. Sometimes if you leave it alone and instead play a shot or two to get into the correct line on it, you will get a lot more balls. Not always possible but in this layout it is.

How about that for a nugget, Fred? :D

Gold Digger Skin :eek: :)

Skin

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Did you guys read Skins post?He said that the combos wired,that means HE means you cant' miss It,unless you just fall dead while shooting.He's not talikng about the combo skidding or not.The combo's dead,wired,on,got blood dripping from It.Skin,I say fire It In now and win the game.That's what you want to do,right? Sometimes I wonder what these ole codgers are thinking..
John B.

John, I like your damn the torpedoes attitude!, but I think the codgers have got this one this time. :D

Skin

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
...way to go

...way to go

Skin said:
Looks like most folks agree. Of course I had the advantage of being able to set the balls up on my table and walk around it. ;)

If you look at the layout, the best angle to shoot the combo is from the opponent's side of the table if you want to do maximum damage (as Dick likes to say). I think shooting it first is basically just shooting for one ball in this layout unless you want to try to two-rail the cb out of his corner and go back over to the long rail for the 1 or 2. Even then I am not sure much would have been gained and position for the 7 or 9 might have been made much harder.

I don't like opening with the 1 because the cb is frozen on the cushion and to make good position off that shot you really need to use low left. Low left will squirt the cb toward the cushion and there doesn't look to be enough room to avoid possibly losing the shot line on the 1.

I'll go with the 2 and come back behind the combo, as most people said. There is a fairly large good zone for shape - high, low, or straight in on it still provide ways to get out.

The point I was hoping to make with this layout was it is very tempting to shoot a wired combo when the cb is in an awkward position, but if you take time to look it over carefully, that shot may not be from the best angle to do the most damage. Sometimes if you leave it alone and instead play a shot or two to get into the correct line on it, you will get a lot more balls. Not always possible but in this layout it is.

That was a good breakdown, with considering all the options. Very objective. Much better argument than rhetoric, insults, sarcasm, and challenges.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Skin said:
John, I like your damn the torpedoes attitude!, but I think the codgers have got this one this time. :D

Skin
Yes,they were right,and yes I was wrong.John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
That was a good breakdown, with considering all the options. Very objective. Much better argument than rhetoric, insults, sarcasm, and challenges.

Beard
overall the discussions have definitely been better without that "other stuff":)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
That was a good breakdown, with considering all the options. Very objective.Much better argument than rhetoric, insults, sarcasm, and challenges.

Beard

I have let several very thinly veiled innuendos, slide by uncontested...This one I will not. You are obviously referring to my post #15, where I played OUR (mine and RBL's) usual game with each other. He and I get a kick out of this byplay on words, because its OUR way of having a little fun, at each others expense.

I think you resent that, mainly because you lack the capacity to kid around, and are jealous when you see real comradery. Your world so evolves around you, that you only have time for yourself..

I am reminded of the old joke;...When three gals named Suzie, Alice, and Wendy, go out for a fun time, they call each other Suzie, Alice, and Wendy...When three guys Bill, Don, and Frank, meet at the local pub, they call each other "Shithead"..."Fatboy" and "Numbnutz"...;)

Its too bad you never knew that world Fred...Now go ahead and crank it up again, with one of your rants...I'm sure it'll all be my fault...:rolleyes:

Duck <-- Is tired of tip-toing thru the tulips..While you have Carte Blanc, to strike whenever you want...!!!

PS..Please put me back on "Ignore", and then please, please, ignore me, don't sneak in a cheap shot every few days..!

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You hypocritical bastard

You hypocritical bastard

SJDinPHX said:
I have let several very thinly veiled innuendos, slide by uncontested...This one I will not. Please post one of my "innuendos" up for all to see. Please. I havent spent 2 seconds or two words up til now regarding you in even the remotest sort of way. Your importance to yourself is overwhelming and paranoic.

You are obviously referring to my post #15, where I played OUR (mine and RBL's) usual game with each other. No I am not. He and I get a kick out of this byplay on words, because its OUR way of having a little fun, at each others expense.
Dont try to get away with that phony distraction about "post #15." Nobody is talking about anything you said to Cowboy Dennis. What we iz talking about is your baits of which I will publish the post #'s for all to see. Post #33 and #41 in the, "What would you do?" thread. and post # 95 in, "Howz about some shooting for a change?" You know, the posts where you did exactly as I described, justifying your pussy weak arguments about shot selection using rhetoric (ie., using no sound principles to uphold your selections, just conversation and gibberish), sarcasm (two references to "experts" as if to be an expert was to be a moron), insults (knocked anybody who would, as you put it, follow Artie style of onepocket) and challenges (...back in 1965, what I would do to...blah, blah, blah)-- JUST LIKE I SAID!

I think you resent that, mainly because you lack the capacity to kid around, and are jealous when you see real comradery. Your world so evolves around you, that you only have time for yourself..

More phony bullshit rhetoric. ...capacity to kid around....jealous when you see real comradery... Is there anybody with and IQ above room temperature that would take that drivel seriously?

I am reminded of the old joke;...When three gals named Suzie, Alice, and Wendy, go out for a fun time, they call each other Suzie, Alice, and Wendy...When three guys Bill, Don, and Frank, meet at the local pub, they call each other "Shithead"..."Fatboy" and "Numbnutz"...;)

Its too bad you never knew that world Fred.
..Now go ahead and crank it up again, with one of your rants...I'm sure it'll all be my fault...:rolleyes:

..too bad I never knew that world...God, is that weak! Please Jesus, help me to know "that" world that SJD is a parishener of. I am so lacking in the social graces. Pure sissy rhetoric begging for sympathy.

Duck <-- Is tired of tip-toing thru the tulips..While you have Carte Blanc, to strike whenever you want...!!!

PS..Please put me back on "Ignore", and then please, please, ignore me, don't sneak in a cheap shot every few days..!

Please illuminate for all to see all those cheap shots I snuck in. Let everybody see what a bad boy I was.

Beard

I just couldnt stand to let any more of your (quote)... thinly veiled innuendos, slide by uncontested.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Let me just say this...Everyone on the forum knows your shortcomings, and mine... I do not need to waste my time pointing them out. You have a way of demeaning, and villifying your own good qualities, by spouting repetetive, hateful crap, like your last post, trying to discredit me... You know your references to me...If you dont want to admit them, thats cool. But to call me "paranoid" is probably the worst case ever, of "the pot calling, etc"., in the history of the written word..:rolleyes:

It must be comforting to know, that you are a perfect specimen of a "take no prisoners, never got beat on the square" pool hustler...who suffers extreme paranoia, at the least inference, that maybe he did not play as good as he thought he did...Which could be why his reputation as a "go off", (but a smart go-off)...far exceeded his rep as a top player...It's your life...Thanks, but no thanks.

PS..I am happy I don't have to resort to name calling like you...I didn't even once refer to your excessive bragging or your lack of skin...Your latest rant contained more accusations than all the rest put together, but, for future rants... you still should just record it...and push the replay button...NK..:rolleyes:

Sayanara Mr. Beard

PPS...Sorry for the hi-jack Skin, (and all) it won't happen again...Next time I feel the need to vent, I will use the Members Only Forum...That way, only the guy's who like to watch car wrecks, will have to look, if they care to...:p

PPSS...Afterthought...Our ever humble Beardman, recently chastised Obama for his use of I,I,I,-Me,Me,Me in his speeches (which "I" absolutley agree on)... But, he must never re-read any of his own writings....He could easily give the O-man, 8/3 and the breaks in that game...:D (another extreme case of "the pot calling, etc").. Requests for linkage, ie., proof of his numbers of "I's" and "Me's" are available by e-mail only...To put them all on here, would drastically overload the entire 1P.Org.system...:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I's and me's

I's and me's

Actually the score for I's and me's in the last two posts for you and I, is dead even at 9 each.

As usual, you didnt answer not one of my salient queries and challenges to your kiddie, wimpy rhetoric. You stayed faithful to rules, #4,#5, and #6 in the Rhetorical Playbook. #4, Admit to nothing. Disregard all charges. #5, Change the subject. and #6 Blame the victim.:(

Still waiting for your putting up the actual post # "proofs" of my "thinly veiled innuendos" toward you. ???:confused:
Please for once, disregard #5. I certainly did, and provided the post#'s of your jealous sarcasm --- and blatant bragging, by the way. "1965, blah, blah, blah."

You keep referring to my, and the world's overestimation of my pool playing abilities. You must have seen me play often, right? Oh no, I'm sorry. You were in the package delivery, short pants era of your pool career then. So unless my poolroom happened to be on your route you probably didnt get a chance to see me play. ???;) (I just knew I shoulda ordered something and used UPS so you coulda gotten to sweat me and then be able to make an objective (for once) analysis.)

Beard

Now, lets see how fast your Early Warning System kicks in, and one of your "agents" calls to alert you that I have made a post. How many do you have going for you? You certainly dont keep 1pkt.org open 24hrs a day do you? And to think you call me paranoid.

Now finally, in response to the 300th unfounded shot you have taken at my pool record, let me say this, I think, based on your "instructional" posts throughout the years, that you are a stone pool dunce. All you probably were in your pool life was somebody who shot pool balls in good. Nada brainpower. Your "lesson," that you admitted took several days to put together about the break shot, was an embarassment. "...Couple inches off the rail, 1 tip inside english..." Wow! What incredible revelations.
I'll never break bad again the rest of my life!

Beard

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Freddy; This might be the ALL TIME most hilarious paragraph on 1 pocket.org ever! Kudos!!!!

You keep referring to my, and the world's overestimation of my pool playing abilities. You must have seen me play often, right? Oh no, I'm sorry. You were in the package delivery, short pants era of your pool career then. So unless my poolroom happened to be on your route you probably didnt get a chance to see me play. ??? (I just knew I shoulda ordered something and used UPS)

Keep em coming Fred!
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bump..

Bump..

Skin said:

...for a good example of linear thought.

Beard

Sorry that I was part of the detour. Although I did think I was providing some comic relief.