Geezer round robin at dcc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How about a round robin get together at DCC for us old guys.

Here are a few ideas just to get things started - $500 entry fee (Can be more or less), 65 years old and up (Exceptions may be allowed), race to three or four.

I think Dr. Billy would play if his back is ok. Bill Stroud could show us some of those eight and outs. I would play and there may be a few more.

We can work out details later if there is enough interest. Would be fun and somebody could make a few bucks.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I would play for sure.

Bill Stroud

OK, we have two for sure. Need a few more, or at least one.

Bill is 70, I am 72, someone come and take us old geezers off.

Maybe we can chip in and have Cali Red video some of it and help him out with his Derby expenses.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
OK, we have two for sure. Need a few more, or at least one.

Bill is 70, I am 72, someone come and take us old geezers off.

Maybe we can chip in and have Cali Red video some of it and help him out with his Derby expenses.

I would be honored to put these matches on tape to preserve forever. I think it's a great idea. We could get a years worth of "what would you do" shots out of it:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't think you're going to get too many entrees, what about a captain one pocket game with the three of us unless we get another entree? I'll play but a three man round robin doesn't sound interesting enough. But you never know maybe someone else will pop up.:help

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This is not a scary field

This is not a scary field

I would probably play. I am 71. We could call us the Dead Aheads. What is ahead is ....

Beard

grimel

Verified Member
I got 8 grandkids and 2 greatgrandkids and I don't qualify for geezerhood. I do qualify for grumpy older guy.:p

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Geezer partner match

Geezer partner match

I will put more info on the round robin when we see if we have more players.

Billy has suggested a captain match with Bill Stroud, Billy and me and I might go for that if nothing else pans out.

We need to get Freddy involved here. How about Billy I and Freddy against me and someone else acceptable to Billy and Freddy. Billy said he would stake Freddy last year so here we go.

Some possible candidates for my partner are: ? (should be someone from onepocket.org)

Would be fun and some sharking allowed. I would get RA but then I have to spring for the whole trip. I did that for one Derby and Galveston and I would rather put the $$ in action. I just got off the phone with him and we made some bets on the Breeders Cup. If we hit it is game on at The DCC.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
what is a captain's game ??

You can play with three or four players. It is a partners game where you change partners every game. In a three handed game you are your own partner once a round. In that round you win twice as much but also lose twice as much.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
A New Challenge

A New Challenge

How about this, at Freddy's suggestion ;

Freddy and Billy I. against me and The Ghost.

I will go for it if I can talk The Ghost into it.

cuesmith

Verified Member
How about this, at Freddy's suggestion ;

Freddy and Billy I. against me and The Ghost.

I will go for it if I can talk The Ghost into it.

Don't think Ghostie makes the age requirement but that could be one of those "exceptions" you mentioned.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Scrz Bill

Scrz Bill

I talked to Bill about being my partner since he and I will be making the trip together.

He said he would play, but we have to donate any winnings to the Obama Campaign Re-election Fund.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I talked to Bill about being my partner since he and I will be making the trip together.

He said he would play, but we have to donate any winnings to the Obama Campaign Re-election Fund.

Don't know about the rest of the guy's, but I'm sure Fred wouldn't mind..He may insist on including that stipulation, for
the entire group...:cool:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You can play with three or four players. It is a partners game where you change partners every game. In a three handed game you are your own partner once a round. In that round you win twice as much but also lose twice as much.

thanks john

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
too bad I don't fit the age requirement...

I would love to play a partners game while at the derby. Playing partners really is a great thing for an up and coming one pocket player..:)

Maybe we can get a partners game going with a couple older and younger op.org members. ???

We would have to make sure the teams were close to fair though... I am outclassed with many of the members here.

Dud

Regardless I would be happy to sweat the "geezer" match if you guys happen to get it going.