Scott Frost vs. John Schmidt 2009 D.C.C.

timdog24

Verified Member
Can't tell if it lays right, but I'd be looking to shoot the 7 into the bottom side of the 12 ball firmly and run the cue ball into the 11.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Schmidt just broke the balls and it's Frost's shot, what would you do?

Frost miscues here so we'll never know what he would have done:(.

View attachment 4468

View attachment 4469

View attachment 4470

All I know is, I laid $600 to $400, that Scott would win that match..He got a bad kiss, on an easy fluke shot, (on the 2 ball I think)..John ran 8 and out 2 or 3 times, that set... Scott can get staked, by me, to give John 9/7, for almost any amount. He was not hung over or drunk. Post the whole video, you effing doorknob ...You'll see how LUCKY J.S. was to win...He shot the wrong shot, about 10 times !!!..:frus

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
There are two striped balls near the long rail on Schmidt's side. Bank the 11 across, and send the cueball to the rail and roll up behind the 13. Schmidt would have nothing to shoot at - or a good safe play.

bstroud

Verified Member
I kind of like banking th 10 ball into the side rail and then the front edge of the 2 ball and sending the cue ball with low left up to the far corner pocket.

If you hit it well you could have both balls near your pocket.

The important thing here is to get a ball near your pocket to prevent any kind of free shot.

Bill Stroud

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I kind of like banking th 10 ball into the side rail and then the front edge of the 2 ball and sending the cue ball with low left up to the far corner pocket.

The important thing here is to get a ball near your pocket to prevent any kind of free shot.

Bill Stroud

This is what I liked as well. But, I like not hitting the 2 (where that 2 is positioned I have noticed MANY MANY times that is a ball for ME as I can freeze behind it during the game). Those are just my thoughts, however flawed :)

Cheers.

Attachments

• JS's-Break.jpg
    JS's-Break.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is what I liked as well. But, I like not hitting the 2 (where that 2 is positioned I have noticed MANY MANY times that is a ball for ME as I can freeze behind it during the game). Those are just my thoughts, however flawed :)

Cheers.

TD,

If you hit the 10 ball thin enough to bank it into the 11 ball your cueball will never in life take that path.

Dennis

tylerdurden

Verified Member
TD,

If you hit the 10 ball thin enough to bank it into the 11 ball your cueball will never in life take that path.

Dennis

That may be true, but middle diamond end rail seems just almost as good to me, and that takes a scratch out of play. Get him close to the rail is more important than the exact spot here as i see it. Or maybe 4 rails with the cb would be better, get him close to his side rail? (too lazy to diagram) :)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If he miscued then I have no doubt this is what he wanted to do.View attachment 4473 Of course not hitting the 11 ball

Good eye Frank, the position of the cue ball in relation to the 7 ball offers a steep enough angle to do what your diagram suggested he was trying to do, before the miscue.

Frank, your understanding of the game of one pocket is usually spot on, and you have impressed me many times with your shot selections.;) Just wondering if I could draft you as one of my future partners for the partner one pocket match ups?:D

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
All I know is, I laid $600 to $400, that Scott would win that match..He got a bad kiss, on an easy fluke shot, (on the 2 ball I think)..John ran 8 and out 2 or 3 times, that set... Scott can get staked, by me, to give John 9/7, for almost any amount. He was not hung over or drunk. Post the whole video, you effing doorknob ...You'll see how LUCKY J.S. was to win...He shot the wrong shot, about 10 times !!!..:frus
That's a little bit of a stretch Scott giving John Schmidt 9/7:sorry I agree that Scott's the favorite but not a 9/7 favorite. Maybe 8/7 or 8/7 10/8 every other game.:):sorry:)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Bill Stroud
Your option is a good one if the angle supports it, but in this lay out the 10 ball sits a little low for this to be a good option, too risky.

By the way I practiced 30 minutes yesterday in preparation for our match at the DCC. :)

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

This game I posted is game two. My only thought during the first game was "how could Schmidt have made it to the finals of a one-pocket tournament?". He shot the wrong shot so many times that it looked like he was dumping. Thanks for telling me who won, now I don't have to watch the match that I paid for you f@#king Bozo:mad:.

Here's the result of Scotts miscue:

SF's Miscue.jpg

Here's how he left it for John:

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg