Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#3

SJDinPHX

Suspended
If you were to shoot straight ahead into the 5 the low right would not stop you from double-hitting the cueball after it hit the 5 unless you jacked up and hit with draw, which nobody has mentioned doing so far. The low right would not prevent a double-hit foul here. Post #34 stands as correct.

P.S. Grapes of Wrath breath, you show the rock going into the 2 ball, don't be a'changin' your tune now.:)

Dennis

I would love to get you on a real table (sans WEI) and show you how stupid you, and the Ghoat's shot selections really are..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would love to get you on a real table (sans WEI) and show you how stupid you, and the Ghoat's shot selections really are..:rolleyes:

You already had me on a real table you f@#king moron. As I recall it cost me two bottles:eek:.

Your defensive game was flawless.

RBL

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Papie....When you see the post I just made in the One Pocket H.O.F. discussion thread, you might feel that you should stop calling me a moron, for maybe one day, anyway...:)

- Goasty

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Regarding lll's shot--->

the way I saw his diagram is that he would be shooting directly at the 5 ball (assuming they are frozen allowing you to do that) the difficulty would be the close proximity of the 15 ball which would mean you would have to use a stroke that had a 1/4 inch follow through.. extremely difficult to execute without pushing the second ball.

As far as the 15 and 5 travel in the image I don't think that it would be a clean shot.

Dud

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The last shot taken was something I would do. Not to difficult. no scratch, no trying to do more than possible. No shooting onto the pack breaking out the wrong ball. Whenever I do shoot a shot like this I try to get a little more behind the 8 and thats when I run into trouble. The opponent back cuts the ball and goes two rails down the table for shape for the bank. As far as I know, Efren had an operation on his eyes last year after the DCC. Anyone know? Dudley. Have you tried it?

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
The last shot taken was something I would do. Not to difficult. no scratch, no trying to do more than possible. No shooting onto the pack breaking out the wrong ball. Whenever I do shoot a shot like this I try to get a little more behind the 8 and thats when I run into trouble. The opponent back cuts the ball and goes two rails down the table for shape for the bank. As far as I know, Efren had an operation on his eyes last year after the DCC. Anyone know? Dudley. Have you tried it?

Bill,

Did I shoot a backcut on you last time we played?

It is one of my pet shots to backcut a ball and send the rock two rails for shape on a bank. When I'm hitting em good I can make it 10-15%. :D

Dud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If you were to shoot straight ahead into the 5 the low right would not stop you from double-hitting the cueball after it hit the 5 unless you jacked up and hit with draw, which nobody has mentioned doing so far. The low right would not prevent a double-hit foul here. Post #34 stands as correct.

P.S. Grapes of Wrath breath, you show the rock going into the 2 ball, don't be a'changin' your tune now.:)

Dennis

in my mnids eye i (actually efren was ) shooting this jacked up enough to be a legal non push shot.avoiding the double hit is another issue but with a short nip stroke i thought it was feasable
i know you cant shoot straight ahead without it being a push or probable double hit

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill,

Did I shoot a backcut on you last time we played?

It is one of my pet shots to backcut a ball and send the rock two rails for shape on a bank. When I'm hitting em good I can make it 10-15%.

Dud

DID YOU BACKCUT?:heh THERE WAS NO SHOT YOU MISSED.:frus I was lucky to get my money back before leaving. Don't worry, you're on my list. Of players to avoid.:lol:lol:lol

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
DID YOU BACKCUT?: THERE WAS NO SHOT YOU MISSED.:frus I was lucky to get my money back before leaving. Don't worry, you're on my list. Of players to avoid.:lol:lol:

I think you might be overstating a bit... I remember missing at least two shots:heh

When a nine baller like me tries to play one pocket--> not missing is the only way to win...:cool:

TheClamp

Sorry, your playing one pocket not straight pool. Playing one pocket when ever you have balls on your side of the table you need to protect them from being moved by your opponent, your shot allows your opponent to comfortably move the 7 ball from your side of the table, negating one of the strengths of your position.

In my post that preceded your post I mentioned that on my shot the cue ball would end up near the center diamond UTILIZING THE STACK AS A BLOCKER.
The stack would then block any or all shots for my opponent from removing balls from my side of the table, possibly resulting in a more difficult position to defend against.

Billy I.

I understand this but the its all about risk management. The three would come out below the stack, forcing the opponent to choose between moving it or the 7..... and heck they might not be able to see the 7 depending on where the 3 stops. I mean look at Efrens shot.... he left J.J. a wide open shot at clearing the 7 anyway

and i agree folks...... im totally a D or E player :lol

tylerdurden

Verified Member
My comments here, and this relates to the other thread, I dont think JJ should have ever been monkeying with this kick down here, he should have been banking that 8.

Second, JJ got very lucky that Efren didn't get something a little better to stick him in the stack and put a ball in front of his hole. I just think giving up that shot JJ did is a game loser 9 out of 10 times, as it turns out, JJ has a chance here (he can see the whole 7).

Third, I hate that shot Efren shot from the stack. I would never have went uptable there. I was very surprised to see him do that.