Ronnie missing in Action at Bennsinger's

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Gas wars...

Gas wars...

....with cases of glasses plied up high by the pumps and the cigarette machines with the pull levers,no pushbuttons yet.Free matches,free service and the pumps made a ringing noise at every gallon I think????I was 16 and making .60$/hour working for a truck farmer,picking tomatos and cabbage.Ya,100$ a game was out of my league in the bar I played which had 6 9 footers in back and 1 snooker table.70 cents an hour to play.Keep score with the wooden counters strung up high about 8 feet......just one year from reform school and 2 from Nam,good times....

bstroud

Verified Member
Wow Bill, you must have travelled in the upper circle's...I sure don't remember much $100 nine ball in those days,...and I'm 77 1/4....;)

PS..I do remember a lot of $50 one pocket though..:D

Dick,

I played a lot of 100.00 and up in those days especially on the bar tables. One pocket too.

Surfer Rod and I played a lot of 200.00/400.00 one pocket on the bar table with the big ball.

He was the one that convinced me to play more in the bars than the pool room. That were where the money was and I was trying to make a good living.

In those days I played pool to live. Now I live to play pool. Funny how life works?

Bill S.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dick,

I played a lot of 100.00 and up in those days especially on the bar tables. One pocket too.

Surfer Rod and I played a lot of 200.00/400.00 one pocket on the bar table with the big ball.

He was the one that convinced me to play more in the bars than the pool room. That were where the money was and I was trying to make a good living.

In those days I played pool to live. Now I live to play pool. Funny how life works?

Bill S.

As did I Bill, but Surfer Rod doesn't count. There was just not enough like him to go around...;)...I (and several other's) used to stalk him unmercifully..:cool:.. Even though I don't think he ever beat Rod, you do know what Puckett called him, don't you ?...:eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Wow Bill, you must have travelled in the upper circle's...I sure don't remember much $100 nine ball in those days,...and I'm 77 1/4....;)

PS..I do remember a lot of $50 one pocket though..:D
I'm 68-1/100 ...and like Rod ...can't remember what happened yesterday.:confused:

But I still like the idea of the 'geezers' matching up with one another. :D

See you all at The Derby.:D

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'm 68-1/100 ...and like Rod ...can't remember what happened yesterday.:confused:

But I still like the idea of the 'geezers' matching up with one another. :D

See you all at The Derby.:D

Billy I.

I am sure we will come up with something, even though Stroud said he wants to play the good young players not the old guys. He is pretty honest though and told me he didn't think I had a chance. Probably saved me some $$ lol.

The partner game with Ghost and me and you and Freddy should be fun.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I am sure we will come up with something, even though Stroud said he wants to play the good young players not the old guys. He is pretty honest though and told me he didn't think I had a chance. Probably saved me some $$ lol.

Looking forward to the match up with you and The Ghost, hope Freddie is mentally tough enough to deal with the pressure The Ghost will be asserting I know The Ghost will be ready, in spite of what Freddie had to say. JK,JK,JK.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Maybe Stroud will play in between me and Scott :D even one pocket.:)

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Maybe Stroud will play in between me and Scott :D even one pocket.:)

Billy I.

He might. I remember he posted that he does not see how Scott makes a ball with all that movement.

Seems like you & Stroud were also going to match up at the Derby. I am going to see how he plays against the young guns before I toss out another challenge.

bstroud

Verified Member
I don't really know how I might play against anyone.

I do feel that I am playing better than when I was young and have no fear of anyone.

I have never seen Efferin or most of the other good players of today play so I have no reason to fear them. Just because they beat other players is no reason they can beat me.

I will need to find out for myself.

I do know that if I play my best they will have a tough time.

Bill S.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I don't really know how I might play against anyone.

I do feel that I am playing better than when I was young and have no fear of anyone.

I have never seen Efferin or most of the other good players of today play so I have no reason to fear them. Just because they beat other players is no reason they can beat me.

I will need to find out for myself.

I do know that if I play my best they will have a tough time.

Bill S.

All us other old guys will be rooting for you against the young guns, BUT, after sweating you play and I think I have a chance, I will be on you like a duck on a june bug.:heh

bstroud

Verified Member
John,

That's OK. If you lived near me we could play every day.

Besides Scott that I saw in a run out video I don't know who the better players even are.

The last good player I saw play was Hopkins when we were playing even one pocket for 200.00 a game in Calif. I was already making cues then and was not playing my best. It was still a close game. He won that session but I won the one before and am way ahead in money.

Bill S.