ill try some more exciting scenarios asap
but here is a a shot selection choice
scott is down 4-0
and its his shot
what to do?? what to do??
in case you arent sure:D:heh
its scott frost vs rafael martinez:eek:
View attachment 4696
I don't know what Scott shot back then, but if this comes up again after he watches John Brumback's new dvd he'll be hammering that 7-ball straight back and running out :D:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
scott is down 4-0
and its his shot
View attachment 4696

Scott needs to take a chance here IMO. I would hit it thin off the closest(8) ball and try and get behind the 5/9 down table.

Even if he doesn't hide the cue ball, Rafael has a risky shot at his hole and down 4/0 Scott needs a mistake or some kind of shot at his hole soon.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Banking the 7 ball is an option but I wouldn't shoot it, Scott banks pretty good and he going to have to hit it good or lose his position. I like playing conservatively and shoot the 6 ball and stick on the 13 ball, possibly on your next inning you can play a better cue ball and create problems for your opponent.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I don't know what Scott shot back then, but if this comes up again after he watches John Brumback's new dvd he'll be hammering that 7-ball straight back and running out :D:D

im sure scott will bank better after studying john b. new dvd :rolleyes:
but im not sure the 7 goes past the 8:eek:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Bank the 9 to the cluster

Bank the 9 to the cluster

scott is down 4-0
and its his shot
View attachment 4696

how about banking the 9 ball into the 3 ball cluster. you can play it with a soft speed. the 9 may just go to your pocket. you can open up those balls so they go in your pocket and you can park the cue ball on Raephals side of the table and you just might snooker him on key balls by your pocket.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
im sure scott will bank better after studying john b. new dvd :rolleyes:
but im not sure the 7 goes past the 8:eek:

using center ball, you could probably hit just outside of the point of that corner pocket (depending on the table) and make it. it goes, but hitting the 8 is obviously a (not good) possibility. where is brumback anyway?! :confused:

i personally liked billy's shot, but what is new... a guy like rafael is very liable to do something stupid here if you shoot billy's shot. if playing the duck or somebody of similar ilk, not so much.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Banking the 7 ball is an option but I wouldn't shoot it, Scott banks pretty good and he going to have to hit it good or lose his position. I like playing conservatively and shoot the 6 ball and stick on the 13 ball, possibly on your next inning you can play a better cue ball and create problems for your opponent.

Billy I.

where is the 6 going??

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tight pockets. 4 1/2 new cloth. While the seven looks like the best shot on a Diamond:frus, I would thin the nine and freeze the cue ball on the top rail.:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
where is the 6 going??
In all seriousness, I was looking at this shot too -- I was only joking about the bank on the 7-ball. My thought was it looked like the 6 goes into the stripe near Rafa's side pocket, and hopefully knock both six and the stripe towards Scott's side (or the six might carom into the side, which would be good too)... but the main thing is to stick the cue ball on the cluster.

bstroud

Verified Member
The problem with putting the cue ball down in the far corner pocket is that you will leave a free shot at the 10 ball.

I like Billy I. shot if the straight back on the seven will not allow you to stun the cue ball over to Raffa's side of the table.

Bill S.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The problem with putting the cue ball down in the far corner pocket is that you will leave a free shot at the 10 ball.

I like Billy I. shot if the straight back on the seven will not allow you to stun the cue ball over to Raffa's side of the table.

Bill S.

I saw that and took in the tight pockets. Its not my shot on a Diamond table. My first choice would be to bank the seven with some speed drawing the cue towards the tied up balls.