Sylver Ochoa vs. Larry Price 2008 D.C.C.

TJOHIO

id fire the 1 straight back and go back and forth to the rail with the cueball. lol

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nobody wants to shoot?

Nobody wants to shoot?

I think everybody is overlooking the straight back angle on the 3 ball. I like straight backs when I am one foot away from the object ball. Hit the 3 with a hard speed with draw. Cut about 1/4 ball. The cue ball will go under and around the four ball and the worst case scenario leaving a cross corner or a straight back on the one ball.

BEard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Shoot!

Shoot!

I think everybody is overlooking the straight back angle on the 3 ball. I like straight backs when I am one foot away from the object ball. Hit the 3 with a hard speed with draw. Cut about 1/4 ball. The cue ball will go under and around the two ball, and the worst case scenario leaving a cross corner or a straight back on the one ball. I dont mind giving up the one ball. What I dont want to do is leave the cue ball in the middle of that patch unless I am dead sure about the straight back. If the angle was just a little fuller I might just stop the cue ball and sit in the "patch." I am not afraid to shoot any shot that I am a foot away from.

BEard

Now if I was dogging it a little and really felt defensive, I would shoot John's shot and roll in the one ball. If executed properly, the way the balls are lying it is going to be very hard for my oppo to return a safety and get me back downtable. He figures to leave me a shot. If I was pretty good ahead in the game and felt like torturing my oppo, I might shoot John's safety.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I think everybody is overlooking the straight back angle on the 3 ball. I like straight backs when I am one foot away from the object ball. Hit the 3 with a hard speed with draw. Cut about 1/4 ball. The cue ball will go under and around the four ball and the worst case scenario leaving a cross corner or a straight back on the one ball.

BEard

Now all of the sudden you want to shoot at somthin? Even I would pass here and shoot the one In.There Is no reason at all to shoot at anything when you have a simple lock down safety like the one ball.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Like I said...

Like I said...

Now all of the sudden you want to shoot at somthin? Even I would pass here and shoot the one In.There Is no reason at all to shoot at anything when you have a simple lock down safety like the one ball.John B.

...I might shoot at the moon if I am only a foot away. The one ball safety is strong but if you leave me close, I will shoot. After 50 yrs in the jungle, I knows how to makes 'em when ah'm close up. Move the cue ball back one foot and I am ducking.

I am starting to think that you are just partial to those 9ft straight backs like TJ.
When you get up close you think its too easy.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
...I might shoot at the moon if I am only a foot away. The one ball safety is strong but if you leave me close, I will shoot. After 50 yrs in the jungle, I knows how to makes 'em when ah'm close up. Move the cue ball back one foot and I am ducking.

I am starting to think that you are just partial to those 9ft straight backs like TJ.
When you get up close you think its too easy.

Beard

That's ok.We just have a different style here round KY.And how many times have I heard you say that.:frus:lol John B.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I hate playin....

I hate playin....

......follow the leader but its hard to even think about playin the devils advocate with that 1 ball sittin there.Next......

John Brumback

Verified Member
......follow the leader but its hard to even think about playin the devils advocate with that 1 ball sittin there.Next......

Thank you! I'm glad to know that some of us here can see the right shot.hehe
John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
John, John..

John, John..

That's ok.We just have a different style here round KY.And how many times have I heard you say that.:frus:lol John B.

..I will give you 2 weeks to name two bankers from KY that would play safe off of that one ball. I will even let you pick from Ohio. You see what TJ wanted to shoot. TJ wouldnt roll that one ball in with a knife ate his throat.
I already said that the one ball wasnt a bad choice. I could certainly consider it, but you might be the only Kentuckian who would think about ducking in that spot. The only KY boy who might duck would be Gerald from Louisville. (But that might come from him playing me a lot)

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
..I will give you 2 weeks to name two bankers from KY that would play safe off of that one ball. I will even let you pick from Ohio. You see what TJ wanted to shoot. TJ wouldnt roll that one ball in with a knife ate his throat.
I already said that the one ball wasnt a bad choice. I could certainly consider it, but you might be the only Kentuckian who would think about ducking in that spot. The only KY boy who might duck would be Gerald from Louisville. (But that might come from him playing me a lot)

Beard

Fred Fred Fred,I thought of one already.Gary Speath, and just for the record,that's who I learned the most from.I played Gerald alot too.John B.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
I bank like a pauper ... but ....

I bank like a pauper ... but ....

Those are 'factory' pockets, not over-shimmed.

The nine ball banks.

They call it "bank" pool, not "Oh, that is so tough that my privates ache" pool ... so shoot the shot.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Yeah, Gary didnt like ducking

Yeah, Gary didnt like ducking

Fred Fred Fred,I thought of one already.Gary Speath, and just for the record,that's who I learned the most from.I played Gerald alot too.John B.

Yeah, Gary didnt play like his dad until late in life. He did do a little ducking just before he died. He was a good kid.

Beard

TJOHIO

yeah but my specialty is the str8 back fred so leaving them is like a duck cross side. lol