heres another layout from a different game
ball score is minus one to minus one
its rafaels shot
mr1.jpg

mr2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
Lots of shots.

Bank the stripe 9? into the side rail and into the 14?5? near the end rail. Follow the cue ball to the side rail behind the 15?

I would expect to make the stripe by his pocket.

The 4? ball into the stripe on the side rail, trying to make it and the cue ball over to the other side behind the 14 and 5. I would expect to make this combo also so leave position.

Bill S.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Worth a try....

Attachments

• Martinezreyes 2010 #2 - OnePocket.png
    Martinezreyes 2010 #2 - OnePocket.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 0

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
Lots of shots.

Bank the stripe 9? into the side rail and into the 14?5? near the end rail. Follow the cue ball to the side rail behind the 15?

I would expect to make the stripe by his pocket.

The 4? ball into the stripe on the side rail, trying to make it and the cue ball over to the other side behind the 14 and 5. I would expect to make this combo also so leave position.

Bill S.

I like your shot Bill.... the 4 ball onto the 15... Don't see how he could choose otherwise.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Lock him up

Lock him up

we are just warming up
the shot selections will get more challenging as we go
heres another layout from a different game
ball score is minus one to minus one
its rafaels shot
View attachment 4997

View attachment 4998

I like coming off the right side of the 15 into the side rail and down ontop of the 10 and 3 ball. This does a couple of things: it removes a key ball in front of your opponents pocket and it locks up the cue ball pretty well. The best part of this shot is it is simple to execute. Keith

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Worth a try....

The angle looks to be perfect, to shoot the shot diagramed... and follow over to the side rail, and drop down to the bottom rail behind the two balls near Efren's hole...Play the cue ball, more than the ball you are banking, and you will have your oppo in a REAL vice...Huge bonus if it goes, you may get out !!! ;) (there is no kiss, if played correctly, 1/2 tip high/left..)

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The angle looks to be perfect, to shoot the shot diagramed... and follow over to the side rail, and drop down to the bottom rail behind the two balls near Efren's hole...Play the cue ball, more than the ball you are banking, and you will have your oppo in a REAL vice...Huge bonus if it goes, you may get out !!! ;) (there is no kiss, if played correctly, 1/2 tip high/left..)

That does not look juicy to me in the slightest. It's amazing how people see things so differently.

I like bill's combo and punching over here, no doubt.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
That does not look juicy to me in the slightest. It's amazing how people see things so differently.

I like bill's combo and punching over here, no doubt.

Nothing wrong with Bill's shot..(don't like the word 'punching')..It all depends on your level of comfort, with what you are trying to accomplish. I would have to be at the table, to see which shot could be accomplished easiest...No guarantee that the cue ball, will wind up behind those 2 balls on the combo..Whereas I'm 90% sure it will on my shot choice... :cool:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like coming off the right side of the 15 into the side rail and down ontop of the 10 and 3 ball. This does a couple of things: it removes a key ball in front of your opponents pocket and it locks up the cue ball pretty well. The best part of this shot is it is simple to execute. Keith

frank
you and sappo think alike
thanks for providing the visuals
sappo greenshot is easy to learn:)
just ask dick:eek::D

thebaby

Verified Member
the best shot!

the best shot!

Rod's shot looks like best best and i'll tell you why.
1st:we don't know what efren shot that he left his cue ball out in the middle of the table.
2nd: I have played refael many times,and i can tell you his firepower and execution is up there.
3rd:Rod's shot shows that the ball is close enough to the rail ,so when you hit that combo,it's about a 80% good shot.
4th: he can drag the cue ball over to efren's side of the table.
5th:if he makes it he's out........

6th: playing efren,your not going to out move him.but you can out shoot him,if he makes that mistake,which is leaving the cue ball out almost in the middle of the table.

www.playthegameclothing.com

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Rod's shot looks like best best and i'll tell you why.
1st:we don't know what efren shot that he left his cue ball out in the middle of the table.
2nd: I have played refael many times,and i can tell you his firepower and execution is up there.
3rd:Rod's shot shows that the ball is close enough to the rail ,so when you hit that combo,it's about a 80% good shot.
4th: he can drag the cue ball over to efren's side of the table.
5th:if he makes it he's out........

6th: playing efren,your not going to out move him.but you can out shoot him,if he makes that mistake,which is leaving the cue ball out almost in the middle of the table.

www.playthegameclothing.com

That's the shot I overlooked. I saw the others right away. Its the principle behind the shot and the instructions that go with them that needs to be grasped by the young players that read them, regardless of what was actually available to the shooter. Rods' shot is a winner and so is your post. Like Mr. Stroud said, there are several good shots from here..........

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There are pro's and con's with all the shots discussed, but the shot that's hands down the best is Rods shot, PROVIDING THE ANGLE IS NATURAL. I don't think I would shoot Rods shot unless I was at least 80% sure of dropping the cue ball behind the two balls on the foot rail.

Dick's shot with banking the stripe and dropping down to the foot rail is a good shot too, but be careful not to leave a return bank on the 7 ball. That return shot could put you in trouble, considering how the balls are positioned on Martinez's side of the table.

Franks shot is the safest and easiest to control. and doesn't leave a bank on the 7 ball. With Franks shot what you're doing is positioning yourself to do damage the next time back at the table, in terms of improving your position.

The difference between Dick's shot and Franks shot is that Dick can position a ball in front of his pocket, or possibly make one, but the execution of his shot as opposed to Franks shot is more difficult. But imo not too difficult to pass the shot if you feel you can possibly pocket the ball.

For mediocre ball strikers I like Frank's shot, for good ball strikers I like Dick's shot, but if the angle of Rods shot is close to or natural that's the shot that i'm shooting.;)

Billy I.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I would shoot the 14 into the 1, with low, right english and park him behind the 5 and 10.

This would clean up the balls blocking my pocket so a long rail bank would be suicide.

The shoot would have little risk, and move 2-3 balls to my hole, possibly making one.

Ken

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I would shoot the 14 into the 1, with low, right english and park him behind the 3 and 10.

This would clean up the balls blocking my pocket so a long rail bank would be suicide.

The shot would have little risk, and move 2-3 balls to my hole, possibly making one.

Ken